Sign in to follow this  
sm2112

Singapore #U2thejoshuatreetour2019 [THREADS MERGED]

1 minute ago, Max Tsukino said:

At this moment we don't know:
- How the procedure to enter the stadium will work and if it will be multiple gates
- If they will allow a fan-managed numbering system... we don't know if it's allowed to queue early as in other venues...

It's simply too early for that... better to wait until there is more information available.

2 minutes ago, Smell_the_flowers said:

You're seriously considering queueing in Singapore? :lol: Apart from the question whether they let you (you get fined for forgetting to flush after a number 2, and they check), it's 34 degrees and 90% humidity...

I get that it's way too early to know, just highlighting the issue.  As for queueing...yep - waited all day outside in Honolulu in 2006 for Vertigo.  It's worth it every time & you meet lots of new friends and see old ones!  Makes for good stories LOL

9 minutes ago, BrunoDog said:

It appears in the top left hand corner under contact details. I’d better book the hotel now just in case. 

Fairly safe to say, the ticket agency is not investigating the addresses of everyone in Red Zone. :)

The only concern would be with your credit card company, apparently the ticket service is not transmitting the address to be checked. Once the orders went through, it should be fine. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bigreddiver said:

I get that it's way too early to know, just highlighting the issue.  As for queueing...yep - waited all day outside in Honolulu in 2006 for Vertigo.  It's worth it every time & you meet lots of new friends and see old ones!  Makes for good stories LOL

Honolulu wasn't nearly as hot or humid. If I recall correctly, it was quite a cool morning in Honolulu that day. It did get warmer, but not 90 degrees with massive humidity. 

RED ZONE issue requiring local address has been corrected.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Brilliant 2

Big wave, I'm guessing this is a "no", but forgive me for asking...

I was caught in the Red Zone "address" issue earlier. Had 3 RZ tickets in the basket but couldn't checkout. 

Bought 3 Cat 1 seats instead as I didn't want to miss out.

Now the RZ issue is resolved, obviously I can't use my presale code again, but is there any way my tickets can be exchanged with me making an extra payment for the difference to secure the RZ tickets that I was denied buying earlier?!

Thanks as always for the amazing mods support.

Here's hoping!

3 minutes ago, daddygj said:

I was caught in the Red Zone "address" issue earlier. Had 3 RZ tickets in the basket but couldn't checkout. 

Now the RZ issue is resolved, obviously I can't use my presale code again, but is there any way my tickets can be exchanged with me making an extra payment for the difference to secure the RZ tickets that I was denied buying earlier?!

Here's hoping!

Its worth sending an email in to SportsHub I reckon, making your case

3 minutes ago, daddygj said:

Here's hoping!

You will need to call Sportshub about that.

6 minutes ago, daddygj said:

Here's hoping!

2 minutes ago, bigwave said:

Its worth sending an email in to SportsHub I reckon, making your case

2 minutes ago, mich40 said:

You will need to call Sportshub about that.

Also, the sooner the better....

I have a small question... im wires so my presale is tomorrow.. I'm trying to understand the logic behind the holding/ waiting queue to get a better understanding on the process... So my guess is that, the sportshub site records our ip address, when we log in few minutes/ hours before the presale, and based on the ip-address login time they put us into a holding queue... in this case, say i login like 12 hours or 24 hours before the presale time from my laptop.. does this mean il be the first in the queue to buy if there is no one else logged in that early before me? 

Just now, heshanp said:

I have a small question... im wires so my presale is tomorrow.. I'm trying to understand the logic behind the holding/ waiting queue to get a better understanding on the process... So my guess is that, the sportshub site records our ip address, when we log in few minutes/ hours before the presale, and based on the ip-address login time they put us into a holding queue... in this case, say i login like 12 hours or 24 hours before the presale time from my laptop.. does this mean il be the first in the queue to buy if there is no one else logged in that early before me? 

The holding queue did not open that far in advance today. You'll have to check periodically to see when it does.

4 minutes ago, mich40 said:

The holding queue did not open that far in advance today. You'll have to check periodically to see when it does.

sorry, but how to identify if its open or not? :) is there an indication?

6 minutes ago, heshanp said:

Wires Field.png

as you can see, the field for the Wires presale is not active... please wait until it's active...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, heshanp said:

sorry, but how to identify if its open or not? :) is there an indication?

It will look like this, but will say Wires instead of Red Hill.

58D30815-423B-42D8-B05E-1E451069AB58.jpeg

10 minutes ago, mich40 said:

It will look like this, but will say Wires instead of Red Hill.

58D30815-423B-42D8-B05E-1E451069AB58.jpeg

Does this appear when you click on the "Wires Pre Sale" button in the U2 tours page? :) 

1 minute ago, heshanp said:

Does this appear when you click on the "Wires Pre Sale" button in the U2 tours page? :) 

no... it's the screen I attached in a previous post....

1 minute ago, heshanp said:

Just now, Max Tsukino said:

no... it's the screen I attached in a previous post....

It should switch over to that at some point tomorrow. Don't worry....the Mods will be around to help tomorrow too.

If the GA tickets have multiple entry points around the stadium, that will be a huge problem. This issue has occurred before for shows like Ed Sheeran and Coldplay. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigreddiver said:

I had some lovely queueing experiences in Amsterdam too, but I'm glad I choose RZ for Singapore. This kind of climate is new to me, plus jetlag...😁

One thing that I sincerely hope though, is that the die hard, multiple-check-in GA queuers will take the local fans into consideration. For many local long time fans, this will be the first ever U2 concert in their life. They don't know about our quirky self-invented queueing regime.

It would break my heart to have them think they're at the front to finally see their favorite band, only to discover that there's a bunch of (probably rather tall) regulars with numbers on their hands who claim they are first in line because they checked in twice a day for the last week.

Don't get me wrong, I have queued myself, and when you know the rules, it will get you a great experience.

But how graceful it would be if for once, we just forget about queueing and check-in and numbering, and let local fans have the railing spots. Assuming they want them, that is; friends in Singapore tell me they rather sit and enjoy the show 😊

4 minutes ago, Smell_the_flowers said:

I had some lovely queueing experiences in Amsterdam too, but I'm glad I choose RZ for Singapore. This kind of climate is new to me, plus jetlag...😁

One thing that I sincerely hope though, is that the die hard, multiple-check-in GA queuers will take the local fans into consideration. For many local long time fans, this will be the first ever U2 concert in their life. They don't know about our quirky self-invented queueing regime.

It would break my heart to have them think they're at the front to finally see their favorite band, only to discover that there's a bunch of (probably rather tall) regulars with numbers on their hands who claim they are first in line because they checked in twice a day for the last week.

Don't get me wrong, I have queued myself, and when you know the rules, it will get you a great experience.

But how graceful it would be if for once, we just forget about queueing and check-in and numbering, and let local fans have the railing spots. Assuming they want them, that is; friends in Singapore tell me they rather sit and enjoy the show 😊

Respect. I'm an asia from Sri Lanka, and this is my first ever U2 show. Was waiting for them to come to ASIA for 10 years and like you said I'm dreaming to get to the front in rail so you know. I don't know whether il be able to see U2 ever again, im guessing other asian fans feels the same too. But having said that I know, we will have to queue, but doubt asians will queue for days, I myself having spine disabilities, could queue for a maximum of 6 hours I would say, which I doube will be enought to get a railing spot.. lets see how luck turns out :) but if there are multiple entrances for GA that means it would be easier for people like us isnt it? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I know it’s still early at this point, but for fans who run the numbered GA queues, do they usually have to seek prior approval from the venue first? 

You both make great points & I'm definitely sensitive to the issues.  I don't see many shows each tour (1-2 is normal) but as the Lads get towards less-frequent touring I'm putting a lot more effort to go see "special shows" like NYC and Dublin on the last tour.  Singapore is the only show on this tour I'm going to mainly b/c of costs.  But I know it will be a special show for everyone there.  I'm a 6'2" (1.9m) dude that blocks a lot of view behind me so I'm always sensitive to those around me.  Whatever happens at the venue is beyond most people's control, so I'm just going to enjoy whatever the day brings & the people I meet & celebrate the band with.  I would be more worried about multiple entry gates mainly b/c that's how people get hurt - running madly across the expanse to the front.

1 hour ago, heshanp said:

On https://www.u2.com/tour the wires icon has changed to Red Hill so there are now two Red Hill links

1 hour ago, mich40 said:

how far in advance did it open today? Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, Rob_W said:

On https://www.u2.com/tour the wires icon has changed to Red Hill so there are now two Red Hill links

It's not that there are two red hill links... Wires will be the same page, but at this moment the field for the presale code is not open...

Just now, Rob_W said:

how far in advance did it open today? Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow. 

Not sure. I just happened to check when I did and it had gone to the waiting queue.