Sign in to follow this  
jonno77

Second show?

It’s been a few days now that Seoul has been available for sale and still over 1500 GA tickets left in the rear standing, but most seats have gone.

Is this a bit lacklustre from a sales point of view and if so are we not likely to see a second night?

Trying to decide if maybe opt for Singapore instead or see about addiut a Tokyo trip in.

Thanks

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jonno77 said:

It’s been a few days now that Seoul has been available for sale and still over 1500 GA tickets left in the rear standing, but most seats have gone.

Is this a bit lacklustre from a sales point of view and if so are we not likely to see a second night?

Trying to decide if maybe opt for Singapore instead or see about addiut a Tokyo trip in.

Thanks

The seats in Seoul sold quickly. It's just taken a long time to sell the last of those GA's (out of a total of 20,000 I've heard). Will there be another Seoul concert, who knows. I was a bit optimistic, but other people I've heard from think probably not. The pros for another concert, the stage will already be set up, so the costs for a second concert will be much less. They have many months to sell out the show(s). With dynamic pricing they're likely to reduce prices to get there. The cons, a second show would be on a Monday night so unlikely to sell as well. A half empty show won't be a great look for the last show of the tour (although the seats would sell out, so it would just be a sparse GA). Maybe they should have put seats in the rear GA section, as it seems Koreans have a preference for seats over standing GA.

One thing that would be quite different between Singapore & either Seoul or Tokyo would be the weather. Singapore will always be hot & humid, while northern Asia will be in winter. There's a chance of snow in Tokyo, in Seoul there's a good chance! I actually opted for Tokyo, as I'll also go snowboarding in Japan. I also choose Japan for the amazing food, the onsens & the culture.

Doing a bit of research prior to the sales, it looked like Singapore would have the more expensive concert tickets. But it turned out to be that Japan has the most expensive tickets, far more expensive in some cases.

GA's in Japan are 183/145 USD, compared to 137 USD in Singapore, & 130/120 USD in Seoul (& 91 USD in Oz).

RZ's in Japan are 555 USD, compared to 430 USD in Singapore, & 383 USD in Seoul (& 380 USD in Oz from memory).

CAT1's in Japan are 359 USD, compared to 269 USD in Singapore, & 200 USD in Seoul (& 259 USD in Oz).

The GA prices in Japan shocked me a bit (double the price of Australia), resulting in me only getting GA's for the second show in Tokyo. Seoul is the cheapest option in Asia, far cheaper than Japan.

Also be aware, that if you plan on doing GA, both Japan & Seoul use a system where entry into GA is based the order you purchased tickets, not on a first come-first served GA line. So those people who purchased their GA tickets early in the Red Hill presale should be the first to enter the arena, with no waiting required.

If you're looking at GA's for a second Seoul date (if it happens), & you're on the ball, you could get a spot in GA right at the front with no waiting.

The other unusual thing is that the general sale (for Japan at least) is a lottery, which doesn't happen until July. So you won't know where you'll be sitting, & won't know for some time where you've been successful in getting tickets. Even in the presale, only the seat category (price) could be selected. Where this seat is located is anyone's guess.

One last point. Flights between Tokyo & Seoul seem to be quite cheap. Giving you the option to do both Japan & Seoul.

Edited by ddarroch
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I got Seoul night one and number is in the first 20! I’ve seen a post from Max, one of the mods, and they’ve not confirmed if those will be used for ordering entry. Might be a reason GA sells worse, if buy late you have a worse chance of a good spot.

I might just bite bullet and go for Tokyo 2 in general sale. Still got couple days to decide and hopefully a 2nd Seoul show is announced by then 🤞

If it is truly an outdoor show (not sure if the stadium is closed or not), given it is winter in Seoul, that will explain the slower GA sales compared to the seats.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Cazza said:

If it is truly an outdoor show (not sure if the stadium is closed or not), given it is winter in Seoul, that will explain the slower GA sales compared to the seats.

The Seoul concert(s) will be at the Gocheok Sky Dome, an indoor baseball stadium. So everybody will be undercover.

The same goes for the other wintery destination, Japan. The shows there will be at Saitama Super Arena, a large indoor arena. In Singapore they are using the very large National stadium, which has a domed retractable roof.

Edited by ddarroch

I'm still holding out hope for a second Seoul show. Seems unusual for GA to still be available and seats are long sold out. I wonder if the floor being divided in half is making GA less attractive, or that GA seems to be number ordered. Maybe this is when dynamic pricing could move those remaining tickets and help get a second night in the mix. 

Still crossing my fingers! 

I think with Singapore 2 being announced, I’ve lost hope of Seoul 2.

yeah I agree about GA being spilt and numbered. If come late to buying a ticket you don’t want to be stuck near back. Croke park being split  was different, cos just being there was special in Dublin

Keeping my fingers crossed for a second night.

• Like 1

I’ve been checking yes24 to see how many tix are left. There are about 1350 GA tix left and a few hundred have sold since yesterday. One would think that the rest will sell in the next few days. Hoping for a sellout soon so night 2 might be possible. You’d think U2 playing there would be a big deal since they haven’t been there before. Let’s go Seoul! 

• Like 1

I see there are still over 1200 GA available.  Not looking good for second show 

Those tickets still appear to be selling, now down to 1157 GA left.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Carlos said:

Those tickets still appear to be selling, now down to 1157 GA left.

I’ve been watching the numbers too. It’s ticking down every day. Seems like if Live Nation did a bit more promotion, it would sell out, wouldn’t take much. I wonder if this concert isn’t on residents’ radar since U2 has never played in Korea. I’m thinking this concert is going to be incredible, first time in the country and last stop on the tour. Let’s go Seoul!!

2 hours ago, ballardmama said:

I’ve been watching the numbers too. It’s ticking down every day. Seems like if Live Nation did a bit more promotion, it would sell out, wouldn’t take much. I wonder if this concert isn’t on residents’ radar since U2 has never played in Korea. I’m thinking this concert is going to be incredible, first time in the country and last stop on the tour. Let’s go Seoul!!

Now only 1148 GA available.  Hopefully this trend will continue and we get a second show.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Tick tock, tick tock. The rear GA's are only marginally cheaper than the front GA's. That can't help sell them (even if the front GA's are already gone).

Edited by ddarroch

On 6/24/2019 at 8:52 PM, Carlos said:

Now only 1148 GA available.  Hopefully this trend will continue and we get a second show.

Now down to 1098 GA available!

On 6/26/2019 at 8:03 AM, Carlos said:

Now down to 1098 GA available!

Now down to 1002 GA available!

• Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 7:55 PM, Carlos said:

Now down to 1002 GA available!

Now down to 736 GA available.  Still hoping for a second show!

It's very slow, so I don't like your chances. Especially as Live Nation are now saying Melbourne won't get a second show, & it sold out very quickly (though it's a much larger venue than Seoul).

I'd say the only chance to sell a second show in Seoul would be if they put seats on the floor. The seats in the stands sold out quickly, but the GA standing tickets have been slow to sell.

Only the rear standing is struggling. Front standing went quick.

if only they hadn’t allowed increased capacity - i read it is normally 25k but upped to 32k. Would have sold out weeks ago!

i’m still hoping but as another week has gone it is getting more unlikely

Maybe they are trying to reconfigure part of GA for night 2.  Seems odd that they have not announced another night considering the concert is nearly sold out.

Nah, not odd I wouldn't think. Melbourne sold out quickly (though they've reconfigured it, & added a few more seats & GA), but won't get another show by the looks of it. Auckland 1 sold out extremely quickly, but Auckland 2 sales appear to be very disappointing. These are both far bigger venues though.

Just 622 rear GA tickets left.  A slow go, but more sell every day.  Since everything except rear GA sold very quickly, you'd think Live Nation would reconfigure or reprice those tickets to sell the show out.  Seems like there was a great demand for everything except those rear GA that are numbered.  I'm wondering when Live Nation is going to make the call to add a second show or not add another show.  What a shame for Korean fans if U2 ends up only playing one night there after all these years of waiting.  

I'm still hoping....

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ballardmama said:

Just 622 rear GA tickets left.  A slow go, but more sell every day.  Since everything except rear GA sold very quickly, you'd think Live Nation would reconfigure or reprice those tickets to sell the show out.  Seems like there was a great demand for everything except those rear GA that are numbered.  I'm wondering when Live Nation is going to make the call to add a second show or not add another show.  What a shame for Korean fans if U2 ends up only playing one night there after all these years of waiting.  

I'm still hoping....

Little confused on this thread with the count down on how many GA tickets are available. Given the show didn't sell out quickly and there are still tickets why would the promoter i.e Live Nation invest in a 2nd show there and have it not sell well especially when it's the last show. My guess is by now they have all the logistics set for that being the end but given it's 4 months away, maybe not. I am still surprised there was no show in Beijing or Shanghai but guess they didn't want to play China 

Posted (edited)

I guess there's a lot of hopeful people. I agree it's wishful thinking, & very unlikely the will be another show, but you never know. The seats (which were very low capacity compared to other venues) sold out quickly. The GA's which is pretty large, like most venues has been a slow burn, even the front GA wasn't particularly quick.

Yeah, given the Chinese government's stance an human rights, there's a good chance U2 wouldn't want to play there. In any casez it's almost a certainty that they wouldn't be allowed to perform in China. As they performed at the Tibetan Freedom festival.

Edited by ddarroch

17 hours ago, ddarroch said:

I guess there's a lot of hopeful people. I agree it's wishful thinking, & very unlikely the will be another show, but you never know. The seats (which were very low capacity compared to other venues) sold out quickly. The GA's which is pretty large, like most venues has been a slow burn, even the front GA wasn't particularly quick.

Yeah, given the Chinese government's stance an human rights, there's a good chance U2 wouldn't want to play there. In any casez it's almost a certainty that they wouldn't be allowed to perform in China. As they performed at the Tibetan Freedom festival.

I get hopeful just unlikely at this point I'd think..  Good point(s) on China but they (U2) also try and break the barriers so I figured they might play but your point on Tibet is definitely valid. 

I just thought a month tour was awfully short given the production so thought maybe China, or extending to South Africa, South America, etc. Maybe they will slow boat the production for a few shows in 2020