Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Manohlive

Wimbledon 2019

Is anyone watching?   

I was touched when I saw saw that 15 year old girl, Cori Gauff,  accept the win by honoring both Venus and Serena Williams for inspiring her. .  A science test yesterday and many of her teachers did not even know she played tennis until today.  ???   I love Wimbledon.  

19 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Is anyone watching?   

I was touched when I saw saw that 15 year old girl, Cori Gauff,  accept the win by honoring both Venus and Serena Williams for inspiring her. .  A science test yesterday and many of her teachers did not even know she played tennis until today.  ???   I love Wimbledon.  

That was an amazing result.

Naomi Osaka and Maria Sharapova both losing in the first round was a shocking state of affairs as well.

Wimbledon is great to watch. 🎾 

6 hours ago, dmway said:

Wimbledon is great to watch. 🎾 

Si'. 

I got home from the library today just in time to watch Rafa Nadal's match v Joao Sousa. Rafa is playing amazingly well so far in this tournament. I'd like to see him win the men's side. 

Nooo, don't jinx the weather! :lol:

Although rain might help repair the baselines. They're so worn out, I'm surprised more players aren't slipping over :o 

As much as I wanted Rafa to win today, I have to take my hat off to Roger Federer. 37 and no signs of slowing down. Most players have retired at his age and he's into another Wimbledon final. I feel privileged to be able to watch such great players making history.

Maybe he's secretly an elf? :lol: 

On 7/12/2019 at 4:30 PM, padawanbeck84 said:

As much as I wanted Rafa to win today, I have to take my hat off to Roger Federer. 37 and no signs of slowing down. Most players have retired at his age and he's into another Wimbledon final. I feel privileged to be able to watch such great players making history.

Maybe he's secretly an elf? :lol: 

Federer was/is amazing - he always seems to play his very best at Wimbledon. IMHO, the only guy who may be able to beat him is playing him in the Final. It should be an epic match tomorrow.

Also, well done to Simona Halep, who decisively beat Serena Williams today, 6-2, 6-2! Very impressive accomplishment!

20 hours ago, dmway said:

Federer was/is amazing - he always seems to play his very best at Wimbledon. IMHO, the only guy who may be able to beat him is playing him in the Final. It should be an epic match tomorrow.

Also, well done to Simona Halep, who decisively beat Serena Williams today, 6-2, 6-2! Very impressive accomplishment!

...and what a Men’s Final today!

Djokovic holds on to beat Federer 7-6, 1-6, 7-6, 4-6, 13-12 (and winning the first-ever 5th-set tiebreak in a Grand Slam Major tournament ever, 7-3). 

Just a phenomenal match which confirmed that these two are two of the very best in the world in tennis, and the best two on grass courts specifically.

AMAZING Final! 🎾 

I caught the later part of the final - I watched the British Grand Prix then turned over once that had finished. Amazing match. 

For me, the 2008 final will always be the best I've seen, but this one was right up there. And a huge well done to Djokovic - beating Roger on grass is one of the most difficult things in tennis.

I missed most of this year's Wimbledon because I've been so busy.   I don't recall it overlapping with other things in Summer.   Isn't it usually a week or two earlier?   

3 hours ago, dmway said:

Djokovic holds on to beat Federer 7-6, 1-6, 7-6, 4-6, 13-12

13-12?   Wow.  Djokovic is amazing, as is Federer.   I wanted Djokovic to win.   Federer is great.   I like Djokovic and Nadal.