Posted (edited)

Does anyone know the process of getting into the stadium with a standing front ticket?  will the tickets have the numbers on it so that there will be no queuing the day before?  

I will be traveling from the USA and wanted to know if I should arrive couple days before to get numbers or we are automatically assigned numbers on our tickts.

thanks

Edited by Max Tsukino
CAPS LOCK removed

At this moment is unknown how the queue and the entrance will work for the Tokyo shows... there are information floating about how GA had worked for other artists' shows in the same venue, but it's impossible to say if it will be the same for the U2 shows.

Safest is to keep checking the boards and social media for if any information surfaces - if you find something, please share it here.

Also, please do not use the CAPS lock when posting. Thanks.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

As Max has said, nothing is known at this stage. Although it is common for GA in Japan to enter by ticket number, with no queues forming until the late afternoon, just before entry. Ticket numbers are expected to be allocated in the order they were purchased. So people who purchased tickets early in the Red Hill presale will likely be the first onto the arena floor.

It's a ll guess work at this stage though.

Japan looks like such an amazing place. If you haven't been there before, & have the time, I'd recommend arriving early & spending some extra time there. Getting your ticket from 7-eleven when you arrive, & checking up on the GA process. That's what I'll be doing.

Although it's not in central Tokyo, transport to Saitama Super Arena looks quite easy & efficient. So it's possible to stay in areas of central Tokyo & be at the arena in under an hour.

Edited by ddarroch

It's amazing what's happen in NZ for the queue! Numbers 5 days before show.. Who's this people? 

Can't imagine this in Japan. 

What's your opinion? 

I'm a big fan of 'first come, first served' to be honest. If you want to turn up a month before the show...great...but if you leave the line you should lose your place.

It's self controlling and simple. However....

My personal opinion is that the 'super fans' are hijacking the shows.

Oh you came here a week before the show, and staked a place in line....BUT you still want to go home for lunch and have a shower?

Nope.

Anyone turning up the day before a Rock and Roll gig should be ushered away. Sunrise on the day is fair game.

That's what i think.

Same opinion! super fans' are hijacking the shows. And fans are not the good term for this people

Wait and see for Tokyo... 

Not my first time in Japan. Not the japanese style! 

Aren’t the tickets numbered so you line up in number order? I guess the question is will he venue use the ticket numbers. 

Yeah I’m curious on this too, and for Seoul. I’ve not got a clue what my number is for Tokyo but Seoul it’s decent.

Since more and more venues and stadiums dont allow camping, the "super-fan" volunteers who connect with the venue and manage the queue are great.  Organized and fair.  And no, I am not one of them, but the last two shows I went to with GA tickets were smooth and great because of this.  It's not perfect, but best current solution.

Here’s hoping for lining up by the number on our ticket (I have no idea if my number low or high since I’m buying a ticket from someone). It would be awesome to not feel the need to line up.  If that’s how the venue does it, I hope line leaders won’t try to come in and change the rules. I’m hoping folks respect how things are done in this country and go with the flow. I’m curious how this will shake out.

• Like 1

Yes24 have confirmed Seoul is by ticket number and queue starts at 2. I’m guessing if Tokyo doing it they need to clarify soon 

Following this thread as I'm also wondering what the official GA policy is for Saitama...if they are going by the numbers on the tickets, what is the latest arrival time for them to be honored? Lots of questions...

Thank you!!!!! I speak some Japanese but with Google Translate this is golden. Love this system! :)

Just now, NYCLeila said:

Thank you!!!!! I speak some Japanese but with Google Translate this is golden. Love this system! :)

good... if you could post your observations from that text to help those who don't speak Japanese and even with Google Translate can't navigate the information, that would be great for the community...

I only read the GA standing section,but it looks like you arrive only an hour before doors open at 6pm to line up in order of the number on your ticket. Entry for GA front and rear is at Gate W. There is a bag check, but you can't put things in and out - it's one time for 1000 JPY. Mdse will be sold from Gate C from 1pm for ticketholders and non-ticketholders. I will try to copy/paste from Google Translate in a second reply.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

good... if you could post your observations from that text to help those who don't speak Japanese and even with Google Translate can't navigate the information, that would be great for the community...

I can't seem to copy/paste or upload a screenshot with my phone - I'd be happy to email you a few screenshots if you'd like, just let me know.

9 minutes ago, NYCLeila said:

I can't seem to copy/paste or upload a screenshot with my phone - I'd be happy to email you a few screenshots if you'd like, just let me know.

sure... will pm the email address... one sec

No savage ultrafan queue... Entry by order of ticket number. No pb to take ticket in 7/11.

Japanese organisation :) juste come in the afternoon and enjiy the show... Kawaii! 

• Like 1