U2Community

'Mumbai - Let's Rock The House!'

LOL!! of course they waited a month to announce it..  Sad to say after these shows, this tour, I'm over my top 3 and U2 was #2 yet the last I gave up on...

With that sad I;m sure those that make it to Mumbai will enjoy it #iloveindia 

Very Excited.. I will wait for the presales next week..

This will be my 2nd U2 concert (1st one was Elevation Tour 2001 ..attended in San Jose, CA). Great memories of that day; had a chance to meet Bono and get an autograph before the concert started..and it was a great concert.. would love to meet the band at the Mumbai concert...U2.com please make it happen !!

Good to see U2.com turn into what it is now, a full-blown portal.. I was one of the very first users of U2.com when the website's beta version was launched many many years ago...

U2 (in the 80s, 90s and early 2000s) has been a very important part of my life... Cannot wait for Dec.15th... 

Great interview with Bono and The Edge here on the upcoming show. 

• Like 2

Excuse me U2, your hypocrisy and greed is showing. You choose to play in India JUST when the Modi government has Kashmir in lockdown, violating human rights and people have no idea what is happening to their loved ones. Is this why you chose to play TJT there? Mothers of the Disappeared and Bullet the Blue Sky and the criticism you felt for American in 1987 can easily be applied to the current Indian govt. I know you're there for the fans - but honestly this is so contrary to all that U2 has stood for (or so I was given to believe for decades), that I can't believe it's come to this. Your music has carried me for over 3 decades - when one hurts looking at the world outside... and yet it is you who hurt us now. To protect one from hurting over and over again, one has to go "dead inside" - one feels so helpless looking at corporate greed and govt. manipulation throughout the world, through modern tech platforms, like FB and then there were the words of U2 - that had warned you... and yet, here you are joining the foray. All I see is greed. During the Vertigo tour someone had accused U2 of choosing money over love (quoting Desire) -it's only become more obvious now. I'm sorry to see my heroes fail, again. 

Edited by saba

I havent as yet received the email for buying pre-sales tickets for Mumbai show that U2.com paid subscribers are supposed to get. The pre-sales are supposed to start in less than 2 days now. Can someone please let me know? Thanks. 

1 hour ago, rahuldhond said:

I havent as yet received the email for buying pre-sales tickets for Mumbai show that U2.com paid subscribers are supposed to get. The pre-sales are supposed to start in less than 2 days now. Can someone please let me know? Thanks. 

Emails will go out a bit closer to time. You can also find your code on your account info page. 

Hi, 

Is the VIP Area seated or standing? 

Do Red Zone ticket holders have a dedicated separate entrance? 

What other amenities do Red Zone ticket holders get? 

Also, the pre-sales on the 24th will be selling both VIP and Red Zone tickets right?

Thanks. 

Edited by ankursabharwal

5 hours ago, ankursabharwal said:

Hi, 

Is the VIP Area seated or standing? 

This is the information available on the BookMyShow site:

bookmyshow-description-0-1568988380060-2019-9-20-t-19-36-49.jpgbookmyshow-description-1-1568748698958-2019-9-18-t-1-3-0.jpg

Do Red Zone ticket holders have a dedicated separate entrance? 

Yes... details about how procedure and diverse etcs will be available closer to the show date...

What other amenities do Red Zone ticket holders get? 

Special features include:

• Barricaded area immediately adjacent to the Stage
  • Extremely limited capacity
  • VIP Entrance to the venue
  • Collectors souvenir ticket
  • An opportunity to be selected for a pre-show backstage tour
  • Access to purchase pre-show refreshments
  • A portion of the proceeds from your purchase supports the (RED) campaign.

Also, the pre-sales on the 24th will be selling both VIP and Red Zone tickets right?

Yes...

Be aware that in the case of the (RED) Zone, tickets are sold out very fast - we have had presales in which these are out in (literal) seconds. Have a few other options in case it happens for this show.

Hi,

I can't see any code on my account for the presales and haven't received any mail. Presales are begining in less than 9 hours now.

I'm also wondering why second level seats are more expensive than the first level ones. Are they really better ?

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, patsw said:

Hi,

I can't see any code on my account for the presales and haven't received any mail. Presales are begining in less than 9 hours now.

I'm also wondering why second level seats are more expensive than the first level ones. Are they really better ?

Thank you.

Please check the revised procedure on https://www.u2.com/help

AS A U2.COM SUBSCRIBER HOW DO I TAKE PART IN THE MUMBAI U2.COM SUBSCRIBER PRESALE

- Click HERE (or at U2.com/tour) to visit the Mumbai India Ticketing Event page at BookMyShow.

- Click the Book button and you will be prompted to enter the email address that you used in subscribing to U2.com. This is the same email address you will find on your Account Info/profile page when you are logged in to U2.com as a subscriber.

- Once the system confirms you are an active U2.com subscriber, you will be emailed a unique one-time password. This email will come from BookMyShow.com, not from U2.com, so remember to check your spam in case the email is there. You should receive this email immediately.

- When you enter this password you will access the Ticketing page for the Mumbai show on 15 December and you will see the layout of the DY Patil Stadium and be able to buy up to four tickets in any category.

PLEASE NOTE: You must use your U2.com account email address in order to participate in this presale.

As for the price difference, can't help you on that... no idea if it's better - but the chart may be of help for you to make an informed decision on which seat works for you...

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, patsw said:

Hi,

Site being updated and emails should be on way soon we are told... soon as we know more we will post

• Thanks 1

Good luck, everyone.  I can't go but hope you get great seats or RZ or whatever you desire.

• Like 1

I followed the directions in the email from U2.com this evening

• Once the system confirms you are an active U2.com subscriber, you will be emailed a unique one-time password. This email will come from tickets@bookmyshow.email, not from U2.com, so remember to check your spam in case the email is there. You should receive this email immediately.

and got a text back thanking me for registering for the Mumbai show but I did not get an email yet.

3 minutes ago, zoo_station said:

I followed the directions in the email from U2.com this evening

• Once the system confirms you are an active U2.com subscriber, you will be emailed a unique one-time password. This email will come from tickets@bookmyshow.email, not from U2.com, so remember to check your spam in case the email is there. You should receive this email immediately.

and got a text back thanking me for registering for the Mumbai show but I did not get an email yet.

are you sure that you didn't just register for the other presale happening after the U2.com one - don;t think the 'Book' button mentioned in the u2.com original email has appeared yet - checking now

There wasn't a 'Book' button like you described only a 'Register'.  So it was probably the regular presale after the U2.com.  Thanks.

Edited by zoo_station

2 minutes ago, zoo_station said:

There wasn't a 'Book' button like you described only a 'Register'.  So it was probably the regular presale after the U2.com.  Thanks.

yep, cool.. just checked and the Book button will appear at noon IST...

Just now, bigwave said:

yep, cool.. just checked and the Book button will appear at noon IST...

Thanks so much for your help!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, patsw said:

Hi,

Thank you.

Normally I'd say no, second level seats are not better than first level seats. First level seats are closer, & importantly should have less obstructions from the delay (speaker) towers. As you can see in the below image, the lower level seats may have some obstruction from the trusses (steel frames) of the delay towers. While the higher level seats may be obstructed by the actual speaker stacks, which are wider than the trusses, & totally opaque.

spacer.png

However, DY Patil, & the other cricket ground used this tour, are a bit different. The lower level (concourse) has very low sloping tiers, with the front row often right at ground level. So the second level is likely to still have views below the speaker stacks. Though of course it'll still be further away than the lower level.

spacer.png

The low angle of the sloping tiers of the lower level concourse may create a couple of problems for people sitting in the lower level too. The front row could be down at ground level, so may have trouble seeing over the GA crowd. So I wouldn't sit in the first couple of rows of the lower level. Also that low angle slope may make it tough to see, if you have a particularly tall person seated in front of you?

The other possible obstruction for the lower level is the sound/video booth(s). As you can see in the top image, in 2017 there was a single, centrally located sound/video booth, which was two storeys high. This could obstruct centrally located seats on the lower level.

However, I believe the layout will be different this time around. Looking at the Ticketmaster seat map for Optus stadium, Perth, it looks like there will be TWO sound/video booths this time! They won't be centrally located, & I'm presuming these will only be single storey.

spacer.png

So for the lower level I'd recommend being very central (bit this is expensive VIP for Mumbai), or reasonably far around the sides. So you're not obstructed by the sound/video booths. Although these cricket ground are very wide, much wider than the football fields of Europe & the USA.

If I could pick anywhere, it's be front GA. But if I was picking seats I think I'd be picking the lower level (level 1), in Block M. As this Edge's side,& the side the b-stage is on. Hoping I'd bit be obstructed by one of the wider delay towers. Next choice would the opposite block, Block D , on Adam's side. Followed by blocks N or C, which may have a bit of an instruction from a delay tower. I'd be wary of getting seats in the lower level in blocks A, B, P or I, as these may be obstructed by the sound/video booths, or delay towers.

Note: this is all a bit of guess work, as nobody knows the exact layout. Plus I've never been to this venue.

Edited by ddarroch

THE PRESALE FOR MUMBAI - RED HILL GROUP HAS STARTED.

IMPORTANT: Please remember to follow the procedure as it appears on the email you received and on the FAQ in the HELP page.

Help. Everything went smoothly until I read my pickup instructions: I'm supposed to pick up the ticket at the stadium between September 24 and November 15. I won't be in the country until the day before the show, Suggestions on what I should do? Thanks

8 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

Please check the revised procedure on https://www.u2.com/help

As for the price difference, can't help you on that... no idea if it's better - but the chart may be of help for you to make an informed decision on which seat works for you...

Thank you very much.

Now I have a ticket but there is no option for delivery outside India. Just home delivery..

I'm in panic so maybe I can't see something evident...

Omg !