Sign in to follow this  
blueandgoldfan

Preshow drinks?

Where is everybody meeting before the Fri/Sat shows? There is an Irish pub called Porterhouse that is about a 25 minute walk to stadium, not sure if anything is closer. Thoughts?

ill be dropping into porterhouse for sure on route as im staying 10 minutes from pub

@blueandgoldfan are you flying out from Texas? I'm doing Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide and Sydney and I'm flying out from LHR via IAH but my friend in Katy can't find a reasonable flight to join me.... It sucks as my flight from London is $850 or so return and she can't get on the same plane but start / end in Houston for under $3k!

Richard

46 minutes ago, fluffy cat said:

@blueandgoldfan are you flying out from Texas? I'm doing Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide and Sydney and I'm flying out from LHR via IAH but my friend in Katy can't find a reasonable flight to join me.... It sucks as my flight from London is $850 or so return and she can't get on the same plane but start / end in Houston for under $3k!

Richard

Has she checked on Expedia? IAH is my first connection through, and wasn’t terribly expensive through them.

On 10/18/2019 at 11:00 PM, pheonix said:

ill be dropping into porterhouse for sure on route as im staying 10 minutes from pub

The Bat & Ball & The Captain Cook pubs aren’t far away from the SCG either 

and a few places in the Entertainment Quarter right next door too

http://www.eqmoorepark.com.au/explore-eq/ 

Edited by xrayjets

17 hours ago, fluffy cat said:

Richard

There are some reasonable flights out there, just keep searching Orbitz, Priceline, etc. By accident I discovered that Qantas has like a payment plan option where you get charged per month. I had never seen this before, so I dont know how common a practice this is. I went ahead and did the payment plan. Itll cost me about $150 more in the long run, but just for me it was better than dropping $1500-$1700 right now. Good luck.

On 10/20/2019 at 3:45 AM, mich40 said:

Has she checked on Expedia? IAH is my first connection through, and wasn’t terribly expensive through them.

Thanks, I've checked on her behalf, IAH is *my* first connection and she can't get a seat on the same planes as me for the IAH - sydney part for less than 3x what I've paid to fly from London -> IAH ->Sydney!

I'm on the 8:25pm out of IAH on the 9th Nov if anyone else is doing a mini tour 😄

Richard

On 10/20/2019 at 8:28 PM, blueandgoldfan said:

There are some reasonable flights out there, just keep searching Orbitz, Priceline, etc. By accident I discovered that Qantas has like a payment plan option where you get charged per month. I had never seen this before, so I dont know how common a practice this is. I went ahead and did the payment plan. Itll cost me about $150 more in the long run, but just for me it was better than dropping $1500-$1700 right now. Good luck.

See that's what annoys me so much. I'm flying *farther* yet paying less! Makes no sense! I know there are fees and taxes depending on final destination, but half as much to fly for twice as long? And I get a day stopover in Houston. Do they just make prices up? 😞

Richard

Landing into Sydney on Sunday 17th, four of us flying out from the UK....

We’ll definitely be up for pre show beers on both Friday and Saturday...

On another note, I’ve emailed Elevation Australia (Sydney based U2 tribute) to see if they have anything planned on the lead up to the gigs, that would be quite cool.

I read elsewhere that there was a Sydney Harbour Cruise with a U2 theme, but that it had sold out ? I can’t find any more information than that - it was mentioned on U2Songs.

Anyway, I’ll post into the thread if I get anymore information.

Not long now ! 

5 hours ago, carlhancox said:

On another note, I’ve emailed Elevation Australia (Sydney based U2 tribute) to see if they have anything planned on the lead up to the gigs, that would be quite cool.

I read elsewhere that there was a Sydney Harbour Cruise with a U2 theme, but that it had sold out ? I can’t find any more information than that - it was mentioned on U2Songs.

Not long now ! 

Just now, blueandgoldfan said:

5 hours ago, carlhancox said:

Not long now ! 

Yeah the cruise sold out fast, there is supposed to be a meet up at some hotel for those that didnt get cruise tickets.

That would be great if there was a tribute band playing, please keep us informed.

Im planning on Porterhouse unless somebody finds something better.

On 10/21/2019 at 6:30 AM, blueandgoldfan said:

Where do you think will be more lively, your pubs or Porterhouse?

Hey mate, i think everywhere will be pumping- its friday night And U2 !! 

Have a few at the Porterhouse & a couple of refreshments after making the trip up the hill* to the SCG 

*its not really a hill, but any excuse for another drink 

Porterhouse sounds great to start......just checked on Google Maps, exactly a 2 min walk from where we’re staying.

Count us in !!!!!

15 hours ago, xrayjets said:

Hey mate, i think everywhere will be pumping- its friday night And U2 !! 

Have a few at the Porterhouse & a couple of refreshments after making the trip up the hill* to the SCG 

*its not really a hill, but any excuse for another drink 

Sounds grand, meet you gents there. First person to tell me where U2 is from wins the opportunity to buy me a pint 😝

• Brilliant 1

On 10/20/2019 at 6:52 PM, xrayjets said:

The Bat & Ball & The Captain Cook pubs aren’t far away from the SCG either 

and a few places in the Entertainment Quarter right next door too

http://www.eqmoorepark.com.au/explore-eq/ 

I'm staying the Captain Cook from the 21st, so that's probably where I'll start.