U2Community

2019 Subscription Gift Album - Show Us Yours!

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night....."

Arrived in Canada 

Listened to it once just to make sure there were no problems and plan to really listen next week-end

20191112_070259b.jpg

• Like 2

Will post a pic later but this is the Best U2.com reward I’ve ever had. Brilliant. 

thanks U2.com @bigwave @mich40 @Max Tsukino and anyone involved in the production of this.

much much prefer this to the recent vinyl offerings( I’ve nothing against vinyl per se it’s just limited appeal -especially if you haven’t used the format since the early 90s.

• Like 3

my gift arrived today (UK) from the custom stamps it looks like it's had quite a journey.

Actually pleasantly surprised; it's a little bigger than a standard CD book and the photos bring the energy from the shows.

Not to the same standard as the 360 book from a few years back, but definitely up there in my top 5 gifts.   

Still puzzled why it took so long though and sadly I think the delay and frustration of this will stay with many of us long after the booklet has secured it's place on the shelf next to our other U2 items.

• Like 1

I do not normally post messages but getting nowhere with U2 Support. My gift was sent on the 4 November and U2 Support are refusing to send me a new gift as I believe it has been lost in the post. The UPS tracking number does not exist and I also checked with my post office sorting office. U2 Support say I have to wait up to 8 weeks (it does not take 8 weeks to ship from the USA to the UK) and as the gift is limited by that time there will probably be none left and I will have missed out! I have been a U2 fan for over 30 years, shame on U2.com for letting the fans down!

• Like 3

Whats going on with the shipping? The reason I ask U2 shop said item shipped 2 weeks ago, UPS contacted and cant provide tracking and U2 shop message says it could take 6 to 8 weeks to reach the UK - is Bono delivering it by foot to me?!  Joking apart please could you advise what is happening?  Thanks

Ps if the CD is made in EU why is it being shipped to the USA to be sent back to the EU - not very good ref carbon footprint😯

Edited by joshthetree
Additional text

Thanks to my favorite band for this fabulous gift!

• Like 2

see the other gift thread for approx timings between shipping notice & arrival in UK / Europe, seems to be 2-3 weeks as an average... so hang tight, its worth it!

29 minutes ago, bigwave said:

see the other gift thread for approx timings between shipping notice & arrival in UK / Europe, seems to be 2-3 weeks as an average... so hang tight, its worth it!

Nevertheless it takes a lot of time. My gift was shipped November 4 and today (14-15 days later) it still didn't arrive. According to support I have to wait up to eight weeks. Normally my shipments are sent from the UK to Belgium. How on earth can that take up to eight weeks? 

On 11/15/2019 at 3:19 PM, joshthetree said:

Whats going on with the shipping? The reason I ask U2 shop said item shipped 2 weeks ago, UPS contacted and cant provide tracking and U2 shop message says it could take 6 to 8 weeks to reach the UK - is Bono delivering it by foot to me?!  Joking apart please could you advise what is happening?  Thanks

Ps if the CD is made in EU why is it being shipped to the USA to be sent back to the EU - not very good ref carbon footprint😯

Yippee its arrived, thank you, love it

https://twitter.com/joshthetree_/status/1196494170074079232?s=19

Edited by joshthetree

Mine arrived this morning, having travelled from the USA to the UK via Switzerland for some reason. It's a nice little package with the photo book. (Glad to see the star of the show hasn't been forgotten, even though the CDs only include SOI & SOE tracks.) I'm so delighted that the live versions of The Troubles, California, The Crystal Ballroom and Volcano have been immortalised in this way, after being criminally underplayed on the tour - it somewhat makes up for not hearing ANY of them (my favourite songs from the album) at the shows I attended! This is the first time since 2014 that I've had any use for the subscription gift, so I'm very grateful for the effort that's been put into this one. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. ❤️

• Like 2

On 11/6/2019 at 7:10 AM, Manohlive said:

This gift is beautiful.  I've listened to disc one.  Every Breaking Wave got me.  How Bono can sing like that, night after night, for so long, baffles me.  I am happy he does.  The sound is really good.  Raised By Wolves-I was taken by how well I could hear Adam and Larry.

I like the light bulb on disc one and the megaphone on disc two.

Booklet-I love the picture where Bono is singing to the back of the house-somewhat framed by the walkway going out into the front of the house with GA on both sides.  I also love the Cedarwood Road pic.  Bono's on one end of the vunue and the rest of the band the other-separated by that wonderful barricage screen.  Beautiful photo.  Bone with Edge in the palm of his hand-I forgot about that-it makes me smile. Thanks for the pic of the European flag-it's a nice reminder of the live threads and how excited everone was when they added AB and Dirty Day.  The photo of City Of Blinding Lights-looking up the walkway onto the stage wth the vertical lights may be my favorite.  Macphisto at the end-he still creeps me out but it's a good reminder to watch out for that sly devil.

I also like the size of it.  I can put in on my bookshelves, with books, and know it's going to stay in good shape. 

I think this gift is pefect and very well done.  I love it.  It was well worth the wait. 

YEah....the pic of Bono holding Edge in his palm and NO "Until the End of the World" on the Disc......And It was one of my favourite performances ever !!!! Boo !

And PS:   I haven't received what I 've been  waiting for !!!!!!

Edited by pain_18_

Anyone in Australia has delivery yet? No sign of my in Melbourne - the band could have brought them with them last Friday!!!

• Like 1

I got an e-mail from U2.com on the 4th Nov stating "Thanks for shopping the U2.com Subscription Fulfillment Store. This email confirms the following items from your order 46130151 have shipped via Mail Innovations International Standard". However UPS have no record of my tracking number. Their suggestion has been to go back to the original shipper any ask them. U2.com have been total unresponsive. So UPS have washed their hands of it and U2.com seem to have washed their hands of it. Is this the armature organisation that I pay a yearly subscription to??

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, pain_18_ said:

JUST ARRIVED here in Romania !!!!!

Lucky you! Not everybody from România received it, I’m still waiting for the CD.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, bacadorina said:

Lucky you! Not everybody from România received it, I’m still waiting for the CD.

Did you USE the tracking Link from your  ACCOUNT INFO section ???? @bacadorina

Edited by pain_18_

Got an email notification on nov. 1st.... Still not received  it.... it has never taken so long to receive a fanclub gift. What is going on? 

Just now, pain_18_ said:

Did you USE the tracking Link from your  ACCOUNT INFO section ???? @bacadorina

There is no such thing as a tracking link on my U2 account info section nor did I received any mail from U2.com about the delivery of the gift I have paid more than an year ago.

33 minutes ago, bacadorina said:

There is no such thing as a tracking link on my U2 account info section nor did I received any mail from U2.com about the delivery of the gift I have paid more than an year ago.

That;s bad......We all got confirmation emails that it  actually shipped and we had a tracking number that I for one was able to follow right up to my doorstep......Can you send me a PM with your Account Page, how it looks in a print screen , HIDE your personal data, of course.....I'm very curious about this.....

In any case you should address the mods or check out the HELP section ?

Send me a PM if you have more info/questions anyway !

¬Cris

PS: The tracking number should be a very long one - over 13 numbers (I think?)...it's comprised solely of numbers since the package is being shipped / travelling as a Simple Regular Packet and once it hits Romania, it won't be tracebale by the ROmanian Postal Service but if you check te UPS tracking site it will SHOW you that it has entered the country and then in a matter of one to two weeks the postman will either bring it to you or he will send you a notice for you  to go to your local ost-office with your ID and pick it up !

Edited by pain_18_

1 hour ago, bacadorina said:

Please contact the customer support service with all the relevant information about your subscription (dates, subscription #, etc) and explain your situation.

Take into account that the gift is being sent by batches, so if someone in your country received the gift, it doesn't necessarily mean you were in the same "pack" as that person. (for a sort of reference: I'm in Mexico City and havent received it yet, so far I haven't heard anyone getting it for this part of the world).