Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Isobelmcc

Joshua Tree VIP Red Vinyl - U2 Shop PLEASE

Please Please make this Joshua Tree VIP RED Vinyl available to purchase in the U2.com shop. We will all buy it rather than paying crazy prices on EBAY

79516731_10221087356878790_2522551897735299072_n.jpg

From the perspective of a VIP ticket holder. I understand the reasons behind a petition, however, one of the main reasons I purchased my VIP ticket was for the exclusive tour gift NOT AVAILABLE to the general public!. That gift could have been anything and I intended to keep it as a special memento of the concert, it just so happened to be a vinyl album which is now very highly sought after as a collectible. Considering I paid alot of money for the ticket, IMO it would be unfair to me and other VIP ticket holders who also paid large amounts of money for their ticket to get their exclusive gift, to have it now released commercially to the masses. Some things become instantly collectible for a number of reasons, limited editions, competitions, special occasions etc etc and this album is unfortunately for those who don't have it, an example of that. There are a number of limited U2 releases over the years that are now highly sought after. Do we petition U2 to re-release so we can all have a copy, of course not, it's ludicrous. I will cherish the album because it is was obtained by attending an amazing concert and was an exclusive gift to me. Cheers.

Paul James I went RZ at $450 , so $ 150 more for VIP at $600 . Me Standing with a great view versus you sitting with a good view . That right there is a difference of at least $100 in a seat versus standing in a mob leaving $50 to say you actually paid for the gift as nothing in this world is free . I got a verbal thank you 
So many with VIP I’m sure there’s plenty of them records sitting on a shelf not knowing how important this item is . I respect your perspective and hope you understand mine or ours . 
If the gifts were consistently the same through out all the legs, offered to all fans instead of individual countries, and were exactly noted  as a limited vinyl record upon purchase , I would of went VIP and they would of sold more But that’s just me . It is what it is unless we can get a petition which collector groups are considering now to release a red vinyl in the shop with different stickers and packaging and different catalogue numbers . It would sell as good as the gold copy .and not interfere with the original copies in NZ and Japan 

I too bought the VIP tickets because they promised an EXCLUSIVE gift not available anywhere else.  Lets be honest the VIP perks are pretty crap otherwise. Your seats are available for a fraction of the price if you didn't buy the VIP package. And the VIP party is usually pretty lame. Bad DJ, bad food, and a couple of drink tickets which I didn't use.  No I shelled out the extra money for the VIP gift.  And I couldn't be happier with it.  It looks great.  But if they suddenly made it available to everyone I'd be cranky.  And they'd break the contract they made when they offered me an exclusive gift with my ticket. Would they really want to tweak off the peeps that paid that kind of money for the gift?  And who are likely to do so again in the future?

There's always an exclusive. There were some pretty sweet books in the past tours.  On Vertigo I got a lovely leather calendar that I use to this day.  The 360 ones were a bit lame...but the thing is you never know what the gift is.  You buy the ticket and pay for VIP not knowing if the gift will be a good one or a let down. It isn't just U2 that does this. Almost all acts that are touring with Live Nation do the same. I've gotten more good gifts than bad. And they change what they give out every tour almost, so there was no reason to think the gift would be the same for this new tour.  If you want it so bad they usually always pop up on eBay a couple of months after the tour is over for decent prices.  

3 hours ago, Jake99 said:

It would sell as good as the gold copy .and not interfere with the original copies in NZ and Japan 

They only pressed 30,000 copies of the gold vinyl.  Not exactly a huge seller I don't think, and still easy to find in shops over a year later. And so many bought that one recently, how many really would go out and buy another one?

I bought VIP for both Tokyo 2 and Seoul... picks pack in Tokyo. Nothing in Seoul. If I had known there was no gift (seat only nothing else VIP about it) I would have got a VIP ticket in Australia :( I add my name to any petition for a release if the red LP. These are being sold for minimum $850 on eBay 😢