davidgray

2020 subscription (MERGED)

My subscription is due to renew in a few days, but the only choices for renewal gifts are ones I already have (the live songs of i + e arrived this week). Any advice on what to do would be much appreciated - I don't need another copy of the new live 2CD set.

• Like 3

Same for me !

One year they gave extra four months to everybody because the gift hadn’t been announced yet.

I wish they’d do the same here !

• Like 2

If the subscription is imminent (let's say days), please PM us your details - we will use these to ask what options do you have...

• Thanks 1

Hi All

Any news on a subscribers gift for those who's membership is up for renew in January 2020 ?

:MacPhisto_04:My Eyes Make A Circle 

Same issue here, i'm due for renewal next month. I don't want the same gifts that I already have but also don't want my subscription to lapse! Squeaky bum time.

Hi All Any news on asubscribersgift for those who's membership is up for renew in January2020 ? My Eyes Make A Circle

No news yet. As soon as we know something, we will post a thread about it. Please keep checking in and thanks for your patience. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Falling At Your Feet said:

I had to renew, as subscription ended last week. I choose the 2019 gift, and raised a ticket with customer service with instructions to swap this choice with the 2020 gift when this is announced.

keep us updated on this strategy, we still awaiting news of 2020 gift, and keeping note of those in same situation as yourself,

• Like 3
  • Brilliant 1

I was waiting to hear back from Max (who had emailed the powers that be) but he didn't hear back in time so my subscription has now lapsed. It will cost me an extra $10 when they finally get round to announcing a 2020 gift. I wonder how many $10 will be extracted from the fans in this way. :(

20 hours ago, davidgray said:

I was waiting to hear back from Max (who had emailed the powers that be) but he didn't hear back in time so my subscription has now lapsed. It will cost me an extra $10 when they finally get round to announcing a 2020 gift. I wonder how many $10 will be extracted from the fans in this way. :(

terribly sorry... but as Bigwave mentioned before we are keep notes on this situation...

for future reference, probably factor on the resubscription equation not only the gift but also the presale seniority aspect...

• Like 1

Hi, Max, BigWave, et al.  Just adding my name to the list of December 2019 renewals that would prefer the 2020 premium vs. a repeat of the 2019 premium.

I've gone ahead and renewed at the $40 rate and I'm happy to do so; I just don't need/want a duplicate item and would hate to then miss out on a 2020 item, when my renewal period is 95% 2020!!!

Thanks, Drew

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:03 PM, Hank134 said:

Hi All Any news on asubscribersgift for those who's membership is up for renew in January2020 ? My Eyes Make A Circle

Same question from me. I don't want to be to late (like in 2014...). Small suggestion to U2.com webmaster... Just add a selection possibility "2020 Gift, content to be defined later". Then problem is solved for everyone.

• Brilliant 2

On 11/23/2019 at 10:19 AM, Max Tsukino said:

If the subscription is imminent (let's say days), please PM us your details - we will use these to ask what options do you have...

Thanks... mine is due in the next 4 weeks too... can you confirm if I’ve been naughty or nice this year mods 😉

Happy Christmas!

Edited by doctornickriviera
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, JeroenPolman said:

Small suggestion to U2.com webmaster... Just add a selection possibility "2020 Gift, content to be defined later". Then problem is solved for everyone.

I'm sure they have done this at least once in the past - no idea why it hasn't happened this year...

If they need ideas for the 2020 gift, how about a live Joshua Tree CD, similar to the 2019 gift but featuring the best performances from the current tour?

3 hours ago, Canadanne said:

I'm sure they have done this at least once in the past - no idea why it hasn't happened this year...

If they need ideas for the 2020 gift, how about a live Joshua Tree CD, similar to the 2019 gift but featuring the best performances from the current tour?

OR a Live DVD of the Experience/ innocence tour ?  Or JT 2019 tour DVD highlights?

My subscription renewal is due early January 2020 and also offers the 2019 gift which I received not too long ago! Please can you add me to your list of people in the same situation? Thanks, Maxine 

I also renewed my subscription today for year 2020. I hope that I don't receive the same gift , which I received a couple of weeks ago. 😉

My subscription was due to expire first week in Jan. I contacted u2 dot com as wanted the new gift when announced but no reply. I just checked and my subscription deadline has been extended till the end of Jan.

So might be they are working on sorting and announcing the new gift.

On 12/23/2019 at 12:32 AM, jonno77 said:

My subscription was due to expire first week in Jan. I contacted u2 dot com as wanted the new gift when announced but no reply. I just checked and my subscription deadline has been extended till the end of Jan.

So might be they are working on sorting and announcing the new gift.

Same with my subscription. Now valid until the end of January. Only difference is that I didn't contacted u2.com. I just left a remark on this forum. Let's see what happens in January. Happy Holidays!

5 hours ago, JeroenPolman said:

Same with my subscription. Now valid until the end of January. Only difference is that I didn't contacted u2.com. I just left a remark on this forum. Let's see what happens in January. Happy Holidays!

Given that I raised it back in November, it would be nice if I could also have my subscription extended to the end of January...

I let my subscription run out, I've only been a paid member off and on for a few years and never used to presale codes so I'm not worried about that. I do wish they would add every year a "next year" option so people don't have these issues, I didn't want to sign up again and get a repeat gift. 

Same issue as those stated above ..... my Subscription Date expires on Jan 31, 2020.  When I look at my current renewal gift options, it is for the two prior years' gifts ... the 2 disc set of the live SOI + SOE tours, which I already received several weeks ago, and the remastered U2-3D Dance Mixes from two years ago.  Would like the option of whatever the new 2020 gift offering will be - not another copy of gifts that I have already received!  Will plan to wait a few more weeks in dire hope of them announcing the new 2020 subscriber gift and updating my renewal options accordingly.  Definitely do not want the hassle of renewing now and trying to get U2.com to change my gift option at a later date.  Had a similar experience with that several years ago, and it was a very lengthy and frustrating ordeal that I hope not to repeat!!!  Seems like a lot of people have a January renewal date now, so sure hoping that U2.Com gets it together very soon and announces the new gift - or at least provides "2020 gift when announced" as a renewal option to save us all a lot of headaches!!!