davidgray

2020 subscription (MERGED)

On 12/23/2019 at 12:32 AM, jonno77 said:

My subscription was due to expire first week in Jan. I contacted u2 dot com as wanted the new gift when announced but no reply. I just checked and my subscription deadline has been extended till the end of Jan.

So might be they are working on sorting and announcing the new gift.

I am having the same problem. My subscription ends on January 11. but now I received an e-mail that it expires on January 31. Any advise on how to handle. Renew before the 11. of wait till the 31.?I do not want to lose my seniority / priority years and I also want the 2020 gift. The gifts of prior years I already have. Reading the topics I don't think contacting or mailing is of any help.
Would like to be kept up to date if there is any news.

I would love to see an never released October or Boy era show released on vinyl to members.

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

No option for the 2020 subscription which is amateur for the world's biggest band. 

Keep getting emails saying x number of days to renew but the site doesn't have the correct option to renew. 

The great advice from support was to renew and let them know I want the new gift once its announced, but as the live cd is available already my fear is I'll get another sent out before U2 com get their act together and issue a new offer. 

• Like 1

My subscription expires on february the 16th.

Hopefully they announce a new gift soon.

On 1/3/2020 at 2:29 PM, jimbull said:

I would love to see an never released October or Boy era show released on vinyl to members.

That was done in 2015 when a Boy era London show was released on double 10". It was titled "Another Time, Another Place."

I'd love to get a War or UF era show with songs that are no longer played.

• Like 1

My subscription expires on January 31st. I contacted u2.com support. Their answer:
Hello Elena,

Thank you for contacting U2.COM. You may pick the present membership gift and when the new gift is announced you may request to exchange it.

If there is anything else we can assist you with please feel free to contact us.

-----------------------------------------------

I still wait a bit maybe in the meantime something comes out.

I agree with above. Am reticent about re-subscribing and getting a repeat gift. I to have contacted customer services for advice but time is running out and don't want to loose Red Hill group status. Come on U2.com advise please pronto.

• Like 3

On 1/8/2020 at 2:04 PM, CorkVegan said:

That was done in 2015 when a Boy era London show was released on double 10". It was titled "Another Time, Another Place."

I'd love to get a War or UF era show with songs that are no longer played.

Yup! I have that one. I agree a rare UF or October show would be great!

• Like 1

I reached out to Live Nation customer service on Thursday, Jan. 9 about what the 2020 subscription offer is via the contact us form in the Member profile page. Got an automated email saying I'd hear back in 12 hours. As usual, nothing.

Mich, Max, Bigwave - has there been **any** new info floating that can be shared? My sub expires Jan. 30. Will there be any announcement by then??

On 1/13/2020 at 3:25 PM, bigwave said:

Is there any news about this? My current membership also runs out within one month, so I would like to know what to expect when I resubscribe. And looking at the replies in this thread I'm certainly not the only one. I'd be disappointed if I would again get the Live Songs From i + e again, as great as that set is (it's playing at this very moment, oh the memories!) but miss out on the new gift.

Also, some fansite are reporting on this issue that is ongoing.

https://www.atu2.com/news/column-off-the-record-vol-20-784.html

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

SUBSCRIPTION ACTIVE UNTIL
29 February 2020

The banner prompting me to renew is gone and a month has been added to my subscription. I assume that the 2020 gift announcement has been pushed back.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

29 February 2020

The banner prompting me to renew is gone and a month has been added to my subscription. I assume that the 2020 gift announcement has been pushed back.

Lol mine too ........u2.com sure does move in appropriately mysterious ways!

• Like 1

Maybe mine will subsequently moved back to........

2 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

29 February 2021

........a date so mysterious it doesn’t exist.......

• Haha 1

• 2020 U2.com Annual Subscription: U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE – LIVE IN BERLIN
  • Limited edition live DVD & photographic book capturing 2018’s e+i Tour
  • Complete 2 hour 22 minute show, never previously released.

Really? :o
    WOW!! *_*
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Brilliant 2

DVD??? Are they serious, who even has a DVD player these days!! In today's digital streaming age even Blu-ray is pretty much obsolete. DVD is outdated 15 year old technology and looks like crap on any modern large display. Also considering U2 have since done the 2017 & 2019 Joshua Tree tours and last years CD release of the SOI and SOE tours this gift is like flogging an old horse to me. What a disappointment !!

Edited by paul_james
  • Like 1

Wow such rage..... I was hoping for a Betamax or VHS.* 

*hangs head in shame for having a dvd player

i think it’s a good subscriber offer to be fair.

• Like 3

I wouldn't have a problem with the DVD gift as long as they also provide a link to a downloadable version like they did with the 2019 CDs since I dont have a DVD player either.  Any chance a moderator could find out if there will be downloadable option, audio only or audio and video?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, houwangmagic said:

I wouldn't have a problem with the DVD gift as long as they also provide a link to a downloadable version like they did with the 2019 CDs since I dont have a DVD player either.  Any chance a moderator could find out if there will be downloadable option, audio only or audio and video?

Unknown at the moment... please keep checking periodically the site and Zootopia for further updates...

What about just the audio? I would rather have that, any chance they will give us downloads to go with the DVD?

• Like 1