davidgray

2020 subscription (MERGED)

Physical fornat DVD, but please give us audio downloads, so many great songs we need live versions of 

• Like 1

DVD??? Wow. Really?

At least blu-ray please. I much prefer audio then video releases. Video gets watched a couple of times. Audio gets played non stop while driving, running, working out or just chilling.

probably just gonna let me subscription lapse. Might re-up for $50 if they include an audio option or gives us an option for blu-ray. Will also wait until they are actually listing a shipping date. I learned what “soon” means here...

• Like 1

Well i think this is a great gift, so thank you. my only query is that i renewed about 10 days ago and was offered the 2019 gifts - do i need to do anything to get the 2020 gift?

17 minutes ago, jathomas88 said:

Well i think this is a great gift, so thank you. my only query is that i renewed about 10 days ago and was offered the 2019 gifts - do i need to do anything to get the 2020 gift?

From the home page article: 
“If you've already renewed your subscription for 2020, this is the gift that will be dispatched to you.”

So you should be good to go. 

• Brilliant 1

Thanks U2 for offering E&I on DVD! I’m relieved that I don’t have to upgrade to some new system to view it!!  Are DVD’s old?  I guess so, but they’re not as old as I am!  I’m so glad the 2020 subscription issues were resolved.

• Like 3

DID they Play Horses and Acrobat at this Show?  I checked the Tours Section here, they did....And Dirty Day !!!! And Stay ! !!! !!! The FLy, Zoo Station..... !!!!

I don't want a BLU_Ray since I Don't Have a BluRay Player and I don't want to PAY another 150 dollars to get one...I'd rather We Got a High Quality Downloadable Audio AND Video Version of the Show to go with te DVD -gift, or at least the Downloadable Audio in WAV to Download Before the DVDs get shipped out !

Edited by pain_18_
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, pain_18_ said:

DID they Play Horses and Acrobat at this Show?

Of course they did. 😎

https://www.u2.com/tour/date/id/45561544

25 minutes ago, hillpy2 said:

Thanks U2 for offering E&I on DVD! I’m relieved that I don’t have to upgrade to some new system to view it!!  Are DVD’s old?  I guess so, but they’re not as old as I am!  I’m so glad the 2020 subscription issues were resolved.

I responded on the other thread too, but I'll reply here briefly too.

There's no reason why both DVD and BluRay couldn't be offered for this. LiveNation is a multi-billion, multinational corporation, and all of us pay $40/$50 each for our "gift". BluRays do have much better video quality and sound quality than DVDs - that's just a matter of storage space on each. You wouldn't need to upgrade to a "whole new system" to watch either - BluRay players work on the same TVs as DVD players. Extra bonus: BluRay players are no longer expensive and they play DVDs as well.

However, the choice of what the gift actually is I couldn't be happier with - in fact, it's better than I thought it might be. I hope they can offer both formats.

3 minutes ago, dmway said:

Of course they did. 😎

https://www.u2.com/tour/date/id/45561544

I responded on the other thread too, but I'll reply here briefly too.

There's no reason why both DVD and BluRay couldn't be offered for this. LiveNation is a multi-billion, multinational corporation, and all of us pay $40/$50 each for our "gift". BluRays do have much better video quality and sound quality than DVDs - that's just a matter of storage space on each. You wouldn't need to upgrade to a "whole new system" to watch either - BluRay players work on the same TVs as DVD players. Extra bonus: BluRay players are no longer expensive and they play DVDs as well.

However, the choice of what the gift actually is I couldn't be happier with - in fact, it's better than I thought it might be. I hope they can offer both formats.

No it doesn't...If You Don't have a BluRay Player, the BluRay DISC Will NOT Play on Your Regular DVD Player....And the only dvd player I have is the one attached to my laptop and it does certainly NOT play Blurays..... I've checked with three IT experts !!!!  ANd in other countries than US and UK, they are still very expensive !

Edited by pain_18_
  • Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

1 minute ago, pain_18_ said:

No it doesn't...If You Don't have a BluRay Player, the BluRay DISC Will NOT Play on Your Regular DVD Player....And the only dvd player I have is the one attached to my laptop and it does certainly NOT play Blurays..... I've checked with three IT experts !!!!

No - BluRay players play DVDs - not the other way around. Re-read what I wrote. 🙂

Edited by dmway

1 minute ago, dmway said:

No - BluRay players play DVDs - not the other way around.

Yeah but it's still very expensive.......

Just now, pain_18_ said:

Yeah but it's still very expensive.......

Well, perhaps where you are; not so much here.

That's also why I suggested both formats be offered.

10 minutes ago, dmway said:

Well, perhaps where you are; not so much here.

That's also why I suggested both formats be offered.

Yeah but then some people get a better quality than others just because  BluRAYS are cheaper in their part of the world......? So not everybody will get the same gift...... It's beginning to sound like when they gave us the Vinyls, which I never played cause I didn't want to pay 300 dollars for a good Pick_Up(turn table).......I Just listened to the downloadable WAVs like any sane  and clear-Minded person ....

......... You gotta be sure all fans are enjoying the same advantages otherwise I suggest they charge 60 or 70 bucks for the ones who want to receive BluRay  versions of the concert !!!!

I Have Been Buying a LOT of Albums on BandCamp lately and the fact they let me choose to have the CD and/or WAV (or any format you want) made me fall in love with that site..... WHY can't U2dotcom do the same with our gifts ?????

Edited by pain_18_
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, pain_18_ said:

Yeah but then some people get a better quality than others? So not everybody will get the same gift......

Maybe that was their thinking... 🤷‍♂️

• Confused 1

This is such an awesome gift. I renewed my subscription in November. I think I qualify but I just want to make sure. 

5 hours ago, mich40 said:

“If you've already renewed your subscription for 2020, this is the gift that will be dispatched to you.”

Wow! I'm very happy with this gift! 

7 hours ago, Piotr_Szczepkowski said:

What about general sale, will it be availible at all? Any format, any version?

I assume this will be the first tour since the 80s to not offer an audio visual product to the general public.

Personally, i’m Amazed this is not on general release. They released Paris 2015 in multiple formats, including a super deluxe...Cannot believe I won’t see this available in Stores or with online retailers...Bizarre....Maybe the fact that most fans were able to record and keep the 75 minute version on TV last month is the reason for this odd decision.

Edited by promenade95
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, mich40 said:

RTFM!! many thanks 

1 hour ago, promenade95 said:

I assume this will be the first tour since the 80s to not offer an audio visual product to the general public.

Personally, i’m Amazed this is not on general release. They released Paris 2015 in multiple formats, including a super deluxe...Cannot believe I won’t see this available in Stores or with online retailers...Bizarre....Maybe the fact that most fans were able to record and keep the 75 minute version on TV last month is the reason for this odd decision.

I would not bet on this been put out on general release, nowhere does it say it’s exclusive only the photo booklet is exclusive, I have a feeling this will be released as I have never known U2 to leave money on the table 

• Like 1

Will this DVD eventually get a public general release so I'm able to buy it from Amazon?

• Like 1

I don’t get it.

are they not releasing the concert for a wider release?

if they do what will make the subscribers limited edition different to the wider release?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, seresere said:
  • 2020 U2.com Annual Subscription: U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE – LIVE IN BERLIN
  • Limited edition live DVD & photographic book capturing 2018’s e+i Tour
  • Complete 2 hour 22 minute show, never previously released.

Really? :o
    WOW!! *_*

Can I please say that I love you without it getting weird?    😎

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, pain_18_ said:

You gotta be sure all fans are enjoying the same advantages otherwise I suggest they charge 60 or 70 bucks for the ones who want to receive BluRay  versions of the concert !!!!

Can I say I love you too and it not be weird or have we passed that threshold counting down something where the format works for everyone?  😛

21 minutes ago, adrnik said:

I don’t get it.

are they not releasing the concert for a wider release?

if they do what will make the subscribers limited edition different to the wider release?

Genius, Genius...... Very Intelligent comment..... WHAT  WILL make Our Gift Special ?   JUST EXACT:Y WHAT ????? oh...Wait...the fact we will wait another year for it AND the fact that right now I am very Confused About What they are offering, DID You SEe this ?????

U2020 SubScription !!!!!!!!.jpg