Sign in to follow this  
Frankaz

If I read the Bible today... (part 2)

Old thread is now archived, so I'll start a new one.

Joshua 22:4 (NCV):

The Lord your God promised to give the Israelites peace, and he has kept his promise. Now you may go back to your homes, to the land that Moses, the Lord's servant, gave you, on the east side of the Jordan River.

Romans 13:9 NCV

The law says, “You must not be guilty of adultery. You must not murder anyone. You must not steal. You must not want to take your neighbor’s things.” All these commands and all others are really only one rule: “Love your neighbor as you love yourself.”

• Upvote 1

James 2:19 King James Version 

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Proverbs 23:20 King James Version 

“Be not among winebibbers; among riotous eaters of flesh:”

Matthew Chapter 5

38 'You have heard how it was said: Eye for eye and tooth for tooth. 39 But I say this to you: offer no resistance to the wicked. On the contrary, if anyone hits you on the right cheek, offer him the other as well;

Matthew 5:23-24

23“Therefore if you are presenting your offering at the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24leave your offering there before the altar and go; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and present your offering

Proverbs 15:17 NIVUK

Better a dish of vegetables with love than a fattened calf with hatred.

• Brilliant 1

Psalm 72:11-12. May all the kings fall down before him, all nations give him service. For he delivers the needy when they call, the poor a hose who have no helper

Psalms 119: 9-14

9How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to thy word. 10With my whole heart I seek thee; let me not wander from thy commandments! 11I have laid up thy word in my heart, that I might not sin against thee. 12Blessed be thou, O LORD; teach me thy statutes! 13With my lips I declare all the ordinances of thy mouth. 14In the way of thy testimonies I delight as much as in all riches