Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheFungusAmongus

offtopic... need help with something..

ok, can anyone recommend a homemade ring adjuster type thing i can do to? my ring is about a half size to a size too big and it keeps falling off. so, yeah iknow theres metal stuff you can get at a jewelers, but wont be able to get to one for a few days.. so, ive tried the tape.. but it looks nasty and itches. andits a very wide band.

anyone know of any other solution? i know theres a couple people here who are jewelry makers and artisans of the sort here, so.. thought id actually ask here,lol.

put it on a chain around your neck....I wear my father's wedding ring like that....I didn't have the heart to have it adjusted and it's like doublemy size.

beware though...you'll get a *hitload of weird questions about it... lol

My mom got some correct size thin rings and put them on the top and bottom of her wedding ring. It holds it in place.

there was some girl on here that used to make handcrafted rings and stuff and she used to have these cool tips on fixing stuff.. who was that? hah. i remembershe solved my birthstone dilemma when i popped out the stone and killed the bezel with pliers and saved it from ultimate death, LOL... (now its even more bentto hell, lol)

hmm, i wonder if we have any pliers around here.. i need to fix my damn glasses, too. bent. i stepped on em lastweek and fucked em all up again. lol

fungus you might want to just *check* out a jeweler you might be surprised at how little it costs to have it done. If yoy get a rep with them, then it'shelpful when you need them. I'd say it's under 50 dollars to resize them. Make sure to some local place (not the mall) where you can build arelationship..

If you go to the place you bought it, they resize them for free or 10-50 bucks tops...usually if you play the newlywed card they will do it for free *big wink*

haha. my body is strange. two different sized hands. lol. for example... my ring finger is about a size 6... on left hand... right hand it'd be a 5.

everything on my left size is bigger or longer. LMAO

same goes for bras... shoes.. glases are crooked no matter what anyway.. lmao.

lopsided fungi.

Izzy2u wrote:

fungus you might want to just *check* out a jeweler you might be surprised at how little it costs to have it done. If yoy get a rep with them, then it's helpful when you need them. I'd say it's under 50 dollars to resize them. Make sure to some local place (not the mall) where you can build a relationship..

If you go to the place you bought it, they resize them for free or 10-50 bucks tops...usually if you play the newlywed card they will do it for free *big wink*

the jeweler guy was weird, lol. very weird.

he did give us a discount when we bought 'em, though.....

lmao.

lopsided fungi.

that's true of everyone, sorry you aren't unique there lol

they generally are "weird" usually are quite flamboyauntly gay too...lol...

Izzy2u wrote:

that's true of everyone, sorry you aren't unique there lol

yep, you're right. its a proven medical fact. haha.

but.. how about almost 1 1/2 inch difference shoulders? lmao a whole shoe size and a half shoe? lol. then again, i do have a fucked up foot. either way.. itsannoying and irritating, physically, lmao. when dealing with bras, that is.

and yes.. i think most women will know exactly what im talking about. haha

the human body is weird, man. lol

u2blonde wrote:

put it on a chain around your neck....I wear my father's wedding ring like that....I didn't have the heart to have it adjusted and it's like double my size.

beware though...you'll get a *hitload of weird questions about it... lol

That's something a hobbit would do :D

well... i have earned the new nickname of Elf and Leprechaun by panth and his buddy at work, hehe.

forgot what the other one was.. lol.

and i am irish....

and short...