Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zeken

So Who Wants a Refund on Membership Fees ? (Merged)

Well I like many got screwed during this ridiculous presale and I am asking for a full refund. Respond to this message so that the moderators can see how manyof us got shut out for tickets in Toronto or anywhere else. I feel so ripped off and this has happened on the previous U2 tour.

This site scammed so many people into paying 50 dollars for a membership. Time comes for the Boots presale and in Chicago there is nothing in the 100, 200, orGA sections. Only 250 dollar seats and upper deck nose bleeds. Big scam.

I have NEVER had a problem with presale and have been a long time member.

Luck of the draw folks. Now I realize it must suck, not getting what you wanted, but in the end, the presale codes do not guarantee you tickets. Plain andsimple.

My family has 4 presale codes (2 Horizon, 1 Breathe and 1 Boots). We all got the tickets we were all wanting and are damn happy.

Horizon - 4 GA, Horizon - 4 in section 113, Breathe - 4 in section 114 and Boots - 4 in section 116. All 100 level tickets or floor.

Guess we were quicker than you.

Hyperextension wrote:

Luck of the draw folks. Now I realize it must suck, not getting what you wanted, but in the end, the presale codes do not guarantee you tickets. Plain and simple.

My family has 4 presale codes (2 Horizon, 1 Breathe and 1 Boots). We all got the tickets we were all wanting and are damn happy.

Horizon - 4 GA, Horizon - 4 in section 113, Breathe - 4 in section 114 and Boots - 4 in section 116. All 100 level tickets or floor.

Thats right folks, membership DOES NOT guarantee you tickets. What it does guarantee is, that there will be delays on the subscription gift (if it ever arrivesat all), that there will be missing emails (e.g. presale codes) & a whole lot of worry for at least some members during the presale. I'm Boots & amnot too positive about the Vegas & LA presales.

Looks like it's going to be $50 NOT well spent. mad.gif

I am in the Boots presale for Toronto and I got 2 excellent tickets in the 9th row in section 130c at 6:00 pm tonight. This is my first time purchasing as a U2member and I'm extremely satisfied. wink.gif

The seats are really expensive but I was expecting that for this concert.

dave wrote:

Hyperextension wrote:

Luck of the draw folks. Now I realize it must suck, not getting what you wanted, but in the end, the presale codes do not guarantee you tickets. Plain and simple.

Thats right folks, membership DOES NOT guarantee you tickets. What it does guarantee is, that there will be delays on the subscription gift (if it ever arrives at all), that there will be missing emails (e.g. presale codes) & a whole lot of worry for at least some members during the presale. I'm Boots & am not too positive about the Vegas & LA presales.

Looks like it's going to be $50 NOT well spent.
imageIt's too bad you feel that way, but you obviously only joined for the pre-sale privileges. I, like many others, have been a member in goodstanding for years and have never had a problem with the presale. Of course, I have always gone into the presale with the attitude that I am NOT guaranteedtickets - only an opportunity to purchase if I so choose.

cant afford thosec prices for christ sake bonos house has a gate at tyhe front of the estae with gold on it must be nice perhaps its time to give back to thefans

I'm glad I decided to skip this tour. I am so sorry that everyone seems to have gotten screwed over. It's quite disturbing. Just know that thesestadium tours seem to have lots of tickets at will call for people who either didn't show or that the stadium just releases that day on top of everybodytrying to sell their tickets the day of the show at the stadium. During Pop they actually said just take these tickets, I was pissed that I had bought mineearlier. I've had that at every tour and even the War tour, I got the tickets for $5.00, actually the guy said just go in, nobody was there really. Thosewere early days but I do know like the JT at the stadium was the same way. Smaller venues you'll have trouble but the big stadiums in the USA, findingtickets is a breeze. I don't know about the other countries but here...it's a cakewalk for stadiums. Circumstances have a way of changing so Idon't agree with the pre-sale crap (I went through that on the Elevation tour) although somehow through U2.com presale I got opening and closing nights ofthe North American tour, that was pretty cool. I wish you all the best of luck, maybe U2 will post up some more shows but please just know at large stadiumsthey practically give tickets away on site and if it's raining you will have an even better chance! I would for sure but my gripes into the management ofthe site, cuz this is not the first time there has been a fiasco with pre-sales. The band is pretty good about getting it straightened out, they do honestlycare about their fans. It'll all work out in the end, it always does.

Hyperextension wrote:

So wait, first it is the luck of the draw, then you say you somehow "earned" your tickets b/c you were quicker than us. You're just guy who ishappy he got what he wanted. I didn't join this site for GA's. However, I did join this site as a fan of 15 years, paid the outrageous $50 joiningfee for what was said a pre-sale access to tickets. What I got instead, was a scam trying to force me to buy 250 dollar tickets in a third level, seats behinda stage, or upper deck nosebleeds seats that no fan serious enough to join a membership would buy. Face, this site catered to "Horizon" members andstole everyone else's money on the premise that they'd be given a fair shot at decent tickets. I didn't get a pair of tickets to pop up that wereremotely close to the stage. Everyone also, there is a 1-800 number on the clothing section of this site. Call it up and bitch. I did.

So all of us Boots members WHO PAID THE SAME PRICE FOR MEMBERSHIP got no tickets even though we were promised access to pre-sale tickets. I called up Customerservice and the guy told me they had limited tickets. So let me get this straight then, they knew they had limited tickets, but they kept taking people's$50 and promising them access mid-afternoon of day 2. But then they changed it to 6 pm when all the tickets were gone. Then they say it's b/c they CANCHANGE THE RULES. All to take advantage of true fans willing to pay $50 to get decent seats. This site should be ashamed to take advantage of people likethis.

If you got screwed on the last tour's pre sale and you know they gave priority to long time members then why didn't you just keep paying the yearlydues and learn from your previous experience. No sympathy for you here.

No one took advantage of you. You sighned up at last minute and the site clearly says that you will access to a pre-sale's which will give you a chance atgetting tickets. Hold onto your code. I'm sure there will be more shows announced and the horizon and breathe subscribers will have already used up theirpre-sale codes.

I joined 2 days ago, was in the boots group and I got tickets today when the presale started for our group. Be patient when they add more shows you'll endup with better seats than I got. There is 4 days between each show.

I joined like 3 weeks ago. Not much farther out than the Breathe members. However, I paid the same 50 yet they moved our presale back to 6 and Icouldn't get any tickets to come up for 15 minutes. At 6:15 400 level peanut heaven seats came up. Then seats two levels up behind the stage popped up. My favorite was the third level tickets 30 rows deep for $250 each. This site misled people into having access to a presale. How can a presale only haveupper deck tickets available half-way through it. The stadium seats 70,000 people. You mean to tell me 70,000 tickets were sold on here alone in a day and ahalf before the general sale? Yet ticketmaster says none of the shows are sold out. What this sight did was front load the tickets they had, and then leftBoots members crappy and more pricey seats they know will have trouble selling at the general sale hoping we'd take the bait.

If you had to pay $50 for your membership, then you didn't renew the subscription in time to be in a good position for the presale. That's notu2.com's fault. The renew for an existing membership is only $32. If you paid $50 then you were already expired, hence not getting access to the firstday's presale.

I knew the new CD was going to be released in March. My membership wasn't set to expire until February. I kept checking the site for info because Ididn't want to miss the presale. I checked the site more often after I read that the new U2.com site was going up, because they said you need to renew yoursubscription if you want good access to the presale. That's what I did. I renewed on the day the subscription link went live on the new site, as I calledFanfire the week before to find out when I could renew. I only had to pay $32 because I didn't let my membership expire. Subsequently, after the CD wasreleased, I knew a tour announcement was imminent, so I kept checking the site for info. If you know there's a tour coming, then it's your job toresearch it if you really want to go THAT bad. That's what everyone else did, and they got the tickets they wanted.

I have still never got any emails about the presale, but I have been checking the site every day looking at the info and hence I was able to get in my codewhen my presale started. All of the info has been right here, hence I didn't miss much without the email.

All of this came about because I took the initiative, because I was proactive, because I really wanted the tickets badly enough to take the time and look atall of what was being announced.

But what I don't get is how so many people can come on here talking about how they should have been given this and should have been given that and shouldhave been notified. Blah blah blah ad nauseum. I was never notified of anything, I sought it out on my own, starting back in January. And I got what I waslooking for.

If you didn't take the time, knowing that a tour was forthcoming after the release of the new album, then the person responsible for that is yourself fornot taking the time to look for the information, ALL of which has been ALL over the site for months and months before even the CD was released on March 3.

When did this world become Gimmee gimmeee gimmee and when did people stop taking ownership for their own crappy situations? It's a sad time we live in whenso many people feel like they are entitled for the entire world to give them everything, hand them everything, and not have to do anything to get itthemselves. It makes me sad to see this.

Do long time subscribers like myself (who pay for a membership even when there is NOT a tour) deserve better treatment than all the others that signed up 2days ago just to get a presale code? Maybe.

I have been and always will be a member of U2.com, tour or not. It is one way to support the group and also to keep in touch.

I have no sympathy.

celt007 wrote:

oh yeah I want my money back or tickets I can afford

Wah wah wah. Go see the Jonas Brothers or someone that wont sell out the stadium. There should be plenty of tickets for you and you probablydont even need to buy a membership.

IMHO - a membership is about being a FAN, not about purchasing a sense of entitlement.

All of the information on presale was clear about having a chance at getting tickets early, but those who have been members for years and didn't wait untilthe last minute should obviously have first crack at tickets. It does state there is a chance to get tickets presale, and they cannot put all 70,000 tickets onsale, they have agreements with places like ticketmaster to sell tickets to general public as well. More shows are almost always added and those who did notget tickets now will then be first up for tickets as Horizon members will have likely already used their code.

If the people who feel they were ripped off were long time fans as they say, then why wait until a few days or couple weeks before tickets go on sale to jointhe membership??? I have been fan for over 25 years and support the band every year, not just when I want something from them. No absolute promises are made onpre sale if you read correctly, it is an opportunity at getting tickets, they can't presell every ticket in the stadium. When the sale opens to generalpublic get yourselves on ticketmaster and make the effort to get the tickets. Last tour I had to do pre-sale as well as general public and did just fine. Toexpect perfect seats when waiting until the last minute to position yourself is something that will not generate much sympathy as where there is a will thereis a way................