Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zeken

So Who Wants a Refund on Membership Fees ? (Merged)

amyw wrote:

All of the information on presale was clear about having a chance at getting tickets early, but those who have been members for years and didn't wait until the last minute should obviously have first crack at tickets. It does state there is a chance to get tickets presale, and they cannot put all 70,000 tickets on sale, they have agreements with places like ticketmaster to sell tickets to general public as well. More shows are almost always added and those who did not get tickets now will then be first up for tickets as Horizon members will have likely already used their code.

Actually this site was NOT CLEAR. This site let people keep joining before they announced the tiered system. Then afterwards, they kept advertising tellingpeople to join, heck I even got an email from them asking me to join. However, they clearly stated we'd have access to a presale FROM MID-AFTERNOON OF DAY2 OF SALES. 6 p.m. in the EVENING is not mid-afternoon. They took 3 hours from us and the only explanation we got was that they reserve the right to changethe rules. Sure, real nice after they took 50 dollars from us. They don't respond to emails or they give you rude responses. Then, the tickets theyoffer us are 400 level upper deck tickets or behind the stage in the third level for 250 a pop. Do you really think hardcore fans willing to pay 50 to haveaccess to a presale should be offered those tickets? Strangers at the public sale will get better tickets during the general sale. Toronto was likecompletely sold out before Boots had a shot. Like it or not, we paid the same amount of money you did and we're not getting any sort of service in return. Plain and simple, this site and the band should be making sure their hardcore fans get decent tickets and not be forcing them to buy tickets they knowwon't sell at the general sale.

I don't need GA's. However, when you pay 50 to access a presale and at 6:01 you cannot pull anything from the field level up to the level before theupper deck IN FRONT OF THE STAGE, that is not access to anything, and it's not a presale. That is called typical american bullshit. Make someone pay forsomething, then screw them on service on a technicality saying they didn't promise you anything. Customer service told me they knew they had limitedtickets. Well let me get this straight then. They kept taking 50 dollars from people when they knew they would not get tickets? The math isn't there,yet they kept selling people on the notion they'd have access to good tickets before the general public.

amyw wrote:

If the people who feel they were ripped off were long time fans as they say, then why wait until a few days or couple weeks before tickets go on sale to join the membership??? I have been fan for over 25 years and support the band every year, not just when I want something from them. No absolute promises are made on pre sale if you read correctly, it is an opportunity at getting tickets, they can't presell every ticket in the stadium. When the sale opens to general public get yourselves on ticketmaster and make the effort to get the tickets. Last tour I had to do pre-sale as well as general public and did just fine. To expect perfect seats when waiting until the last minute to position yourself is something that will not generate much sympathy as where there is a will there is a way................

What you're not comprehending brother is that we paid the same amount of money that you did but were offered NO TICKETS worthy of a presale. I looked for 15 minutes from 6 pm and was not offered two tickets in front of the stage at any level. At 6:30 I got a nice pair of 250 tix each in the THIRDLEVEL behind the stage. I have no problem not getting GA's, but when you pay to have access to a presale for a FAN CLUB, yes that's right we'rejust as fanatical as you are, you should be offered tickets that the general public would not otherwise have access to as easily. That's the fucking pointof paying for a presale is it not?

Walkon274 you try to make the point that we all paid $50 equally and it's not fair that you didn't get access to the good tickets. While that reallyisn't true. I've kept my subscription since Vertigo and had to pay to re-subscribe ever year knowing it would probably help out come their next tour. Ipaid more then $50 to access the pre-sale. I could have taken the chance of letting my membership expire, but I didn't want to risk not getting the ticketsI wanted for the next tour. You need to relax anyways. My guess is that you will get the tickets you want when the announce more shows.

walkon274 wrote:

What you're not comprehending brother is that we paid the same amount of money that you did but were offered NO TICKETS worthy of a presale. I looked for 15 minutes from 6 pm and was not offered two tickets in front of the stage at any level. At 6:30 I got a nice pair of 250 tix each in the THIRD LEVEL behind the stage. I have no problem not getting GA's, but when you pay to have access to a presale for a FAN CLUB, yes that's right we're just as fanatical as you are, you should be offered tickets that the general public would not otherwise have access to as easily. That's the fucking point of paying for a presale is it not?

Isn't this what you really meant?

"What you're not comprehending brother is that we paid the same amount of money that you did, except years too late. I should have paid up a longtime ago, and kept paying, so that I could be rewarded with some privilege. Instead, though, I expect that I should - for the princely sum of $50 - be awardedthe convenience of getting any ticket I want at the same time as anyone else, regardless of how much time, money and effort they've put in to paying fortheir memberships and keeping them current. But no... now I'm distressed to find out that I paid a little bit extra money, at my convenience, andall I got was a guaranteed spot at the concert event of the decade, which would otherwise have been entirely sold out before I could get any tickets on Monday. Yup, U2 is a REALLY selfish band, man."

That's what you really meant, right?

I just don't even understand how people think this complaint makes sense. Really!

You paid some money to be able to buy tickets before Monday. People who don't pay that bit of money beforehand, don't get to buy tickets before Monday.It's pretty straightforward, very simple, and it couldn't have been explained any better beforehand: You pay some money on the day of (or close to it)and you get a shot at what's left after the people who paid a lot more money for a much longer period of time. How exactly is that unfair?!? It'sexactly what you paid for!!!

I guess it's unfair to the people in the general sale on Monday, too, because they might not get any at all if you buy them today, hunh?

Tracy M wrote:

dave wrote:

Hyperextension wrote:

I have NEVER had a problem with presale and have been a long time member.

Luck of the draw folks. Now I realize it must suck, not getting what you wanted, but in the end, the presale codes do not guarantee you tickets. Plain and simple.

My family has 4 presale codes (2 Horizon, 1 Breathe and 1 Boots). We all got the tickets we were all wanting and are damn happy.

Horizon - 4 GA, Horizon - 4 in section 113, Breathe - 4 in section 114 and Boots - 4 in section 116. All 100 level tickets or floor.

Guess we were quicker than you.

Thats right folks, membership DOES NOT guarantee you tickets. What it does guarantee is, that there will be delays on the subscription gift (if it ever arrives at all), that there will be missing emails (e.g. presale codes) & a whole lot of worry for at least some members during the presale. I'm Boots & am not too positive about the Vegas & LA presales.

Looks like it's going to be $50 NOT well spent. tired.gif

Think I'll go check out Ani DiFranco's website, see if she'll be touring anywhere where our paths may cross happy.gif

Loads of Boots members on here got the tickets they wanted without any problems. U2.com gave us all access to the pre-sales, if certain tickets were sold outthen you can't blaime the band for people wanting them. If you only joined for pre-sale and didn't get what you wanted, It's hard luck!

As far as I'm concerned my membership for the past 5 years has been money well spent, I've got great limited items, great T-shirts & fantastictickets. Yes Fanfire can be a bit hit and miss, but all in all from what I've read accross the site........Most members are really happy with what theygot.

I have a bigger problem cause i paid the membership for the accsess code and now after a week i still have no reply or received any codes.

just a reminder to those who, maybe HAVEN'T read this announcement from Baja, let me again point you to it, if you are having problems accessing the paidsite:

http://community.u2.com/topic/4032

"if you are STILL having technical problems, I need you to send me via PM the following information ASAP as we arestepping up the fixing (IF YOU HAVE CONTACTED ME IN THE LAST 72 HRS YOU DO NOT NEED TO SEND ME ANOTHER MESSAGE):

1. Login name
2. Display name
3. Contact email of account
4. Order # (on invoice sent)
5. Date and time of purchase
6. Exact problem (please be as succinct as possible while giving me enough info to workwith)"

agt01 wrote:

Loads of Boots members on here got the tickets they wanted without any problems. U2.com gave us all access to the pre-sales, if certain tickets were sold out then you can't blaime the band for people wanting them. If you only joined for pre-sale and didn't get what you wanted, It's hard luck!

As far as I'm concerned my membership for the past 5 years has been money well spent, I've got great limited items, great T-shirts & fantastic tickets. Yes Fanfire can be a bit hit and miss, but all in all from what I've read accross the site........Most members are really happy with what they got.

Thank you, my feelings exactly. You waited until they announced the tour, then quickly joined the website to get tickets. As did a thousand scalpers with youand that's exactly the reason why they went for this split system. I'm not putting you in one line with the scalpers here, just saying you took achance and lost.

@Stephen, check the tourpage again (make sure you're logged on). If you're able to login to the subscribers site then de code should be on thetourpage.

I'm so sorry for myself i didn't get tickets and I'm in the boots group.It was fair play and whoever got mad it's understandable.But don'tblame U2.com.

Only real U2 fan know what kind of energy we get just listening to their songs over cd's and to hear them live it is completely different level of energy:)

I'M only disappointed by the ticket prices,some very far far away seats are over $100 buck.It would be ok if i didn't see Bono calling it recession.

For all the people that didn't get the tickets they wanted........Plenty of U2 fans are selling various tickets to different shows in the Tour section atface value. You can also place wants in there. If you didn't subscribe you wouldn't have that option either.

I'm so tired of people moaning and groaning about pre-sale problems. No one was ever guaranteed a ticket during the pre-sale. I never had a problem withthis or any past pre-sale. And no one is being forced to buy expensive tix or to do anything else. I think the moderators did a good job of keeping peopleposted on updates, etc. Grow up and stop being so immature! If you hate this site so much, don't visit it anymore. Plain and simple.

How many Boots didn't think that there might be a second show and save those lousy seats on Wednesday for fair weatherfliers or corporates who expense the $250's to impress and influence...there's another shot tomorrow to get what you want for the Thursday.

You should be glad that you have a chance to see them at all - Doesn't look like anyone in the Southern Hemisphere will get the opportunity :(

Well don't want to WHINE and respect the priority of members who have been paying every year.

However for Chicago I was offered Section 317, Row 20 and up (well upper right corner of Stadium from where I can jump to Lake Michigan).

For your reference check it out the seating map

http://media.ticketmaster.com/en-us/tmimages/venue/maps/ch1/27241s.gif

and now you tell me that I should pay for fan-club to get access code for these types of tickets that nobody would even buy in general public sale. Guess what,I didn't buy them either and keeping my fingers crossed for Monday public sale and certain that would get much better seats than what presale had offeredme.

vertigo qwe wrote:

Well don't want to WHINE and respect the priority of members who have been paying every year.

However for Chicago I was offered Section 317, Row 20 and up (well upper right corner of Stadium from where I can jump to Lake Michigan).

For your reference check it out the seating map

and now you tell me that I should pay for fan-club to get access code for these types of tickets that nobody would even buy in general public sale. Guess what, I didn't buy them either and keeping my fingers crossed for Monday public sale and certain that would get much better seats than what presale had offered me.

Well, now we're starting to get it. $50 gave you the opportunity to get tickets, and a guaranteed spot at the show. You were expecting moreby signing up at the last minute? You should be delightedly grateful that you were given the opportunity to buy tickets before the regular sale, in which,chance are, you won't get better, or any at all.

You paid money for a chance to get tickets before Monday, and that's exactly what you got: the chance to buy tickets before Monday.

I don't know why I should care, really... but I do hope you didn't screw yourself by ditching the ones you were offered.

I feel for those who couldn't get decent tickets. I remember the Vertigo pre-sale and it was a complete nightmare. The boards were full with complaints. Itwas THE topic on the boards at that time. It's sort of odd to see people here saying they never had a problem with the pre-sales in the past. I don'tremember reading that people had gotten the tix they wanted during the sale or maybe it just got lost in the sea of complaints. I guess in the end it paid offto keep my subscription current. At least now we all know for next time.

I hope everyone gets something decent in the general sale. Good luck!!

i don't renew my memebrship just for the pre-sale, i renew cos i like U2 and wanna be part of the fan community, if you get the chance for a gig ticketthat's a bonus. the tickets aren't guaranteed anymore, it's first come first served now. if i just wanted a show ticket i wouldn't just buy amembership for that as i'd be adding 50 bucks to the ticket face value - which iws a bit dumb!

i like a few other bands but wouldn't dream of joining their fan club just to buy a ticket, what a waste of money that'd be, i get off my backside andqueue or chnace my luck on the internet.

walkon274 wrote:

So all of us Boots members WHO PAID THE SAME PRICE FOR MEMBERSHIP got no tickets even though we were promised access to pre-sale tickets. I called up Customer service and the guy told me they had limited tickets. So let me get this straight then, they knew they had limited tickets, but they kept taking people's $50 and promising them access mid-afternoon of day 2. But then they changed it to 6 pm when all the tickets were gone. Then they say it's b/c they CAN CHANGE THE RULES. All to take advantage of true fans willing to pay $50 to get decent seats. This site should be ashamed to take advantage of people like this.

me and my mate joined up on this site about a week before tickets were on sale, mainly due to the fact that we were gonna be away when ticketswent on sale, so just to get our foot in the door for the pre-sale, and, wednesday afternoon when the boots presale started, we both managed to get 4 ticketseach for GA.

so i have no qualms about joining up here, glad i done it.

the site does state, that your given a code for pre-sale tickets, but it doesnt guarantee you willl get the tickets you want. i guess you just werent as quickout of the traps as some others were, because, everyone was saying that GA ticekts for the croke park date would all be gone by time us boots subs came in, butin fact we both got 4 each, so i do think that a certain amount on GA would of been held back for each group.

my advice, keep paying your subscription, and next time the sale comes, you'll be entering in the first or second phase.

walkon274 wrote:

amyw wrote:

All of the information on presale was clear about having a chance at getting tickets early, but those who have been members for years and didn't wait until the last minute should obviously have first crack at tickets. It does state there is a chance to get tickets presale, and they cannot put all 70,000 tickets on sale, they have agreements with places like ticketmaster to sell tickets to general public as well. More shows are almost always added and those who did not get tickets now will then be first up for tickets as Horizon members will have likely already used their code.

Actually this site was NOT CLEAR. This site let people keep joining before they announced the tiered system. Then afterwards, they kept advertising telling people to join, heck I even got an email from them asking me to join. However, they clearly stated we'd have access to a presale FROM MID-AFTERNOON OF DAY 2 OF SALES. 6 p.m. in the EVENING is not mid-afternoon. They took 3 hours from us and the only explanation we got was that they reserve the right to change the rules. Sure, real nice after they took 50 dollars from us. They don't respond to emails or they give you rude responses. Then, the tickets they offer us are 400 level upper deck tickets or behind the stage in the third level for 250 a pop. Do you really think hardcore fans willing to pay 50 to have access to a presale should be offered those tickets? Strangers at the public sale will get better tickets during the general sale. Toronto was like completely sold out before Boots had a shot. Like it or not, we paid the same amount of money you did and we're not getting any sort of service in return. Plain and simple, this site and the band should be making sure their hardcore fans get decent tickets and not be forcing them to buy tickets they know won't sell at the general sale.

I don't need GA's. However, when you pay 50 to access a presale and at 6:01 you cannot pull anything from the field level up to the level before the upper deck IN FRONT OF THE STAGE, that is not access to anything, and it's not a presale. That is called typical american bullshit. Make someone pay for something, then screw them on service on a technicality saying they didn't promise you anything. Customer service told me they knew they had limited tickets. Well let me get this straight then. They kept taking 50 dollars from people when they knew they would not get tickets? The math isn't there, yet they kept selling people on the notion they'd have access to good tickets before the general public.

well if you include yourself in the harcore fan section, then you would surely realise a hardcore fan is someone who just doesnt sign up to the website justfor pre-sale priveleges, you sign up to keep in touch with the band etc, so your argument about the $50 is just rubbish, harcore fans wouldnt just sign up forpre-sale privleges, so if thats the only reason you signed up, your not harcore, hardcore fans would be ones i would say would of kept paying the membershipregardless of wether a tour is coming.

and it was brought up earlier, if you had of got in on time you prob would of got good access to better tickets, cause as i said earlier, GA tickets wererumoured to be all gone before it came to the boots section, yet me and a mate got some alright.

i do think the way tehy went about it this time was spot on, reward the longer term members with much better chance of getting tickets by letting them infirst, why should someone who just signed up get better shot at someone who has been paying for years, regardless of pre=sale priveleges coming.

its times like this when the membership they paying is really rewarded, couldnt call it fairer then that.

the venue your going to obviously isnt as big as others, they hold back 10% for pre-sale i beleive.

i liked the old days best where you could queue up over nite to get yer ticket, i miss that used to be a laugh

that is just slightly before my time.

i remember my dad always having to go over get tickets to wahtever gigs he wanted, whenever i wanted tickets for gigs i have always used the internet, andi'm bloody 29 :D lolroll.gif