Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zeken

So Who Wants a Refund on Membership Fees ? (Merged)

walkon274 wrote:

I didn't join this site for GA's. However, I did join this site as a fan of 15 years, paid the outrageous $50 joining fee for what was said a pre-sale access to tickets. What I got instead, was a scam trying to force me to buy 250 dollar tickets in a third level, seats behind a stage, or upper deck nosebleeds seats that no fan serious enough to join a membership would buy. Face, this site catered to "Horizon" members and stole everyone else's money on the premise that they'd be given a fair shot at decent tickets. ...

I very happily bought those seats you think nobody wants - behind the stage for one show, and the top price ticket for another - in the general sale no less. Iactually deleted other seats until I got those behind the stage! And I used my Horizon presale code for GA's on yet another show. I'm sorry to hearthat you didn't get what you wanted but that's how it works with a first come-first serve system. Boots members were 3th in line - before generalpublic. I think/hope this was communicated properly.

Tip: if you still have you presale code: use it to buy other tickets for another show and trade them for the ones you want.

When I saw this thread I thought is was about those poor people with access problems who didn't get a code at all.

I've registered every year since 2006, tour or no tour. I actually signed up after I got my Vertigotickets, so pre-sale wasn't even a reason for doing it.

Forget being guaranteed a ticket, there's not even a guarantee they'll be coming to my country and I still paid.

It's hysterical how so many people judge what a 'hardcore fan' is by how much they shell out for a band, when someone decided to pay for asubscription to a bands site, or how many shows they've been too, etc. Who the hell are any of you to determine what a fan is? Everyone here needs to getover themselves and their self-righteous/self entitlement attitude.

One thing that did stink was moving Boots members back 2 hours from the original 3:00/4:00 start on the 2nd day to 5:00/6:00. Who made that lovely decision?

For anyone's information, I did get tickets, not that it matters to anyone but myself.

Hyperextension wrote:

celt007 wrote:

oh yeah I want my money back or tickets I can afford

Wah wah wah. Go see the Jonas Brothers or someone that wont sell out the stadium. There should be plenty of tickets for you and you probably dont even need to buy a membership.

I'm sorry...LMFAO the Jonas Brotherswink.gif I'mholding onto my code to see what comes up,but even when they were'nt touring i was stilla member like loads of you guys.

I know that in the NY sale, the season ticket holders for NY Giants Football got a presale with 'access' code that were to go on sale two hours afterthe Horizon presale started. This of course was a surprise to everyone including u2.com.

I knew after, that anyone in the Boots section would not get GA or any affordable good seats. The code for the NY Giants presale was posted on the sub side andI posted urging people in boots to try for tickets then...not later.

I'm not sure if Chicago Bears and NE Patriot season ticket holders had the same presale.

It's not u2.coms fault, there were plenty of tickets available for all groups, but that NYG presale screwed anyone and everyone in the boots section tryingto get GA.

I keep hearing wonderful things about the pre-sale....lots of happy fans coming away with the tickets they wanted.

By contrast, I also notice that those complaining seem to think they are somehow "entitled" to tickets-- nobody is entitled to anything....probablynot even to life itself.

surrenders wrote:

It's hysterical how so many people judge what a 'hardcore fan' is by how much they shell out for a band, when someone decided to pay for a subscription to a bands site, or how many shows they've been too, etc. Who the hell are any of you to determine what a fan is? Everyone here needs to get over themselves and their self-righteous/self entitlement attitude.

very well put,i couldnt have put it better myself.

I AGREE TOTALY I LIVE IN IRELAND IM A BIG FAN LOVE THE MUSIC AND IVE ONLY SEEN THEM ABOUT FIVE TIMES ITS NOT ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU SPEND THE IMPORTANT THING ISTHAT WE ALL ENJOY THE MUSIC

I cannot believe all the moaning and groaning in this thread!.......Whether you got Horizon Breathe Boots ...think yourselves lucky you even have chance to seethem!!!!!!!!!.there are thousands here who wont get chance to see them!!!!!!!why?........BECAUSE U2 ARE NOT PLAYING IN THIER COUNTRY!............and guesswhat?.......Biggest majority of thse people are subscribers and have been FOR YEARS!!!!!!!!! ,

And if you just subscribe for a presale well you dont know what your missing here!!!!!.Take the time to look all around this site!.......thousands of lovelypeople!!!!!!!and as someone said .......if you look in Tours and Tickets thread ..you may get tickets you want!!!!!!!!...thats if you can stop 'spittingthe dummy' for long enough!.........

tired.gif might be a new zoo but still the same giving out!!

tired.gif might be a new zoo but still the same giving out!!

I was an absentminded fool who let her since-04 membership lapse, so I was in the lowly Boots echelon. No one to blame but myself! However, I was able to get 2GAs for Boston and 2 for Toronto 2 (also GA for Toronto1 thanks to my Horizon member brother). So, in the end, I wasn't punished for coming back to thefold late.

I guess it can be about luck, sometimes, but preparation matters, too. I made sure I had access to high speed non-wifi internet and several computers so that Iwas refreshing TM through numerous browsers at great speed. A Boots level friend who was somewhat more casually looking for tickets via one browser on a laptopon a wireless connection found herself out of luck...

at the same time though you can see some people out there not having the spare money to go and splash on for membership of these boards, but thats more aimedtowards those who genuinely cant afford it, and those who just signed up here for pre-sale privelege and then think it automatically guarantees them a ticketwhen its told beforehand that it might not happen, and then bitch about it when they dont get it.

At least you had access to tickets. For the last tour in the public sale, we had 3 phones going, and 2 computers going, and we still could not get throughbefore they sold out. I had to buy off Ebay and ended up paying $200/ticket for tickets in the last row on the opposite end of the arena. GA tickets wereselling for $600-1000.

I have been a major fan for a long time. U2 is the only band that I HAVE to see. However, as a student, I haven't always had the money to pay thesubscription fees for this site. Therefore, I did join this site for access to the tickets. I did so knowing that I was not guaranteed tickets. I'mplanning on going to the Vancouver concert. There will be big demand for tickets, since people will also be coming from Seattle, Calgary, Edmonton to see theshow. I'm a Boots member and so I know the tickets that I have access to will be limited, if at all. I'm planning to get the best tickets that I canin the presale. At least then I will have tickets. Then, I will try and get tickets in the public sale. If I get better tickets at the public sale, then Iwill sell my presale tickets at face value to someone who was unable to get tickets.

Instead of complaining, why don't you try that? Also, it seems as though there are more seats available when concerts are added. I just tried Toronto 2. The presale has been on for awhile, and there are still GA tickets available.

this thread is funny as anything......

people signing up just before the pre-sale then not getting tickets then moaning about the fact......im pissing mysel here.....lol

as others have said you can't seriously expect to join up minutes or hours before the pre-sale and get tickets straight away thats just stupid.......

and all this bollocks about "i should get tickets 'cause i own 2,000,000 cd's/dvd's" or whatever get a grip we are all fans no-one is"the biggest" or the most "hard-core"..........get a grip.

basher1 wrote:

people signing up just before the pre-sale then not getting tickets then moaning about the fact......im pissing mysel here.....lol

as others have said you can't seriously expect to join up minutes or hours before the pre-sale and get tickets straight away thats just stupid.......

and all this bollocks about "i should get tickets 'cause i own 2,000,000 cd's/dvd's" or whatever get a grip we are all fans no-one is "the biggest" or the most "hard-core"..........get a grip.

thumbsup.gifSpoken like a trueScotsman!..............thumbsup.gif

basher1 wrote:

and all this bollocks about "i should get tickets 'cause i own 2,000,000 cd's/dvd's" or whatever get a grip we are all fans no-one is "the biggest" or the most "hard-core"..........get a grip.

Yep! You've summed it up. I'm wondering how many new sign up's will be around after ticket pre-sales?

Especially when you have actually been a member for years and still have problems!!!

So, I feel bad for those that are having problems now, but really...there are a LOT of long time members that STILL have problems....But I guess we persevere:)

Well, as a 29-year fan, and paid subscriber from over a year ago, I still have not been able to get a "group name" let alone tickets for the last twotours. From a small club in Connecticut to the stadiums, I have always managed to wait in line overnight to get a couple of tickets, although the scalpersalways got the best seats. It's sad that now we have to pay $50 for a chance to get a seat and even that has some of us left out in the cold. Glad to seesome of you have managed to get the system to work, but there are others, like me, who have not been able to get in on presale tickets and would like to getour money back unless there is a simple solution, as in a response, from the U2 business at hand. Oh, what a business it has become.

I'm waiting for the general public sale tomorrow to get tickets. I don;t have a paid subscription to the FC, but that doesn't mean I'm not a fan ofU2 and their music. (The number of cd's you own, or concerts you went to, or t-shirts you have doesn;t make you a "bigger" or "better"fan, BTW. Seems some people claim the band as theirs depending on their concert or CD count. Sounds like grade school.)

Anyway, 've seen them a couple of times live, waaaay back when Gillette stadium was Foxboro. Had GA tickets back then and remember running across a verymuddy field and ended up being about 20 feet from the stage. One of the best concerts ever. (Bono had his arm in a sling for that show. i think he'd brokenit, but still put on a great show!)

I debated getting a paid subscription just for the presale.

Having bought tickets for various bands through presales in the past, i know it's a crap shoot when it comes to getting great seats.

I see the presales as a way to get seats early without a ton of competition from the thousands logging into the system at once during the general sale. I'msure the seat locations run the gamut from nosebleeds to right up front, to a set number of GA's. It probably worked out great if you've been a memberfor a long time, but I figured the "boots" people wouldn;t have their pick of the best seats, after the other two groups had their choices. Andthat's how it played out , sounds like.

I mean, if you had early access to buy tickets, and tickets were still available for purchase-ANY tickets, not just ones up front- then you got what waspromised in the presale. A presale doesn;t mean you automatically get great seats. They don;t calculate how many people may log on and set aside only the bestseats in the house to accommodate all those presale folks. That's not a presale. There's no guarantees of a Great seat-just the chance to buy A seat.Some people say the site was misleading about this point, but I'm someone who didn;t see it that way, and money being tight, i decided to save my $50 toput towards actual tickets and take my chances in the general sale. I get better seats in the general sale than most bands presales, with just a fewexceptions.

Maybe in a few months, i'll join the paid fan club, once i pay off the actual tickets :)

Sorry for rambling-It just strikes me that a lot of people had a lot of high expectations for a presale, when it comes to getting great seats, and I'mguessing it's because people were unclear as to what a presale actually is.

my two cents anyway.

walkon274 wrote:

This site scammed so many people into paying 50 dollars for a membership. Time comes for the Boots presale and in Chicago there is nothing in the 100, 200, or GA sections. Only 250 dollar seats and upper deck nose bleeds. Big scam.

So are you saying you aren't in control of your own actions? The "site scammed" you? Look, the presale code structure wasbroken up into different groups. The first group was the Horizon group. That group was made of those of us who have been paying membership to this fan clubfor quite a few years. The second was the Breathe group and thirdly, the Boots group comprised of folks who joined after the album was released. Don'tyou think it's fair to give those who have been paying for years first chance at presale codes over those who just joined? Secondly, a presale codedoesn't guarantee you will get the exact seats/section you desire. However, I think that more tickets should have been alloted in each section toaccomodate all the members. But, I would imagine the set aside number of tickets were broken up into an alloted amount from each section and price range. With that said, I do feel for those fans who did not get a ticket or did not get the seats they were hoping for.

walkon274 wrote:

This site scammed so many people into paying 50 dollars for a membership. Time comes for the Boots presale and in Chicago there is nothing in the 100, 200, or GA sections. Only 250 dollar seats and upper deck nose bleeds. Big scam.

So are you saying you aren't in control of your own actions? The "site scammed" you? Look, the presale code structure wasbroken up into different groups. The first group was the Horizon group. That group was made of those of us who have been paying membership to this fan clubfor quite a few years. The second was the Breathe group and thirdly, the Boots group comprised of folks who joined after the album was released. Don'tyou think it's fair to give those who have been paying for years first chance at presale codes over those who just joined? Secondly, a presale codedoesn't guarantee you will get the exact seats/section you desire. However, I think that more tickets should have been alloted in each section toaccomodate all the members. But, I would imagine the set aside number of tickets were broken up into an alloted amount from each section and price range. With that said, I do feel for those fans who did not get a ticket or did not get the seats they were hoping for.