Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zeken

So Who Wants a Refund on Membership Fees ? (Merged)

Recommended Posts

agt01 wrote:

basher1 wrote:

this thread is funny as anything......

 

people signing up just before the pre-sale then not getting tickets then moaning about the fact......im pissing mysel here.....lol

 

as others have said you can't seriously expect to join up minutes or hours before the pre-sale and get tickets straight away thats just stupid.......

 

and all this bollocks about "i should get tickets 'cause i own 2,000,000 cd's/dvd's" or whatever get a grip we are all fans no-one is "the biggest" or the most "hard-core"..........get a grip.

 

Yep! You've summed it up. I'm wondering how many new sign up's will be around after ticket pre-sales?

 

Very true. I missed the Vertigo Tour presale because I didn't join 'til 2005 so had to buy my tickets for the Vertigo Tour ingeneral sale. But I've renewed my membership every year since, even though there wasn't going to be a tour on the horizon. Pardon the pun. tongue.gif

 

So let's see, over the years I paid: $40, $32, $32, $32, in order to keep my membership.

 

Folks that just joined for this tour paid $50.

 

You do the math.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

agt01 wrote:

basher1 wrote:

this thread is funny as anything......

 

people signing up just before the pre-sale then not getting tickets then moaning about the fact......im pissing mysel here.....lol

 

as others have said you can't seriously expect to join up minutes or hours before the pre-sale and get tickets straight away thats just stupid.......

 

and all this bollocks about "i should get tickets 'cause i own 2,000,000 cd's/dvd's" or whatever get a grip we are all fans no-one is "the biggest" or the most "hard-core"..........get a grip.

 

Yep! You've summed it up. I'm wondering how many new sign up's will be around after ticket pre-sales?

 

Very true. I missed the Vertigo Tour presale because I didn't join 'til 2005 so had to buy my tickets for the Vertigo Tour ingeneral sale. But I've renewed my membership every year since, even though there wasn't going to be a tour on the horizon. Pardon the pun. tongue.gif

 

So let's see, over the years I paid: $40, $32, $32, $32, in order to keep my membership.

 

Folks that just joined for this tour paid $50.

 

You do the math.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ceallach67 wrote:

agt01 wrote:

basher1 wrote:

this thread is funny as anything......

 

people signing up just before the pre-sale then not getting tickets then moaning about the fact......im pissing mysel here.....lol

 

as others have said you can't seriously expect to join up minutes or hours before the pre-sale and get tickets straight away thats just stupid.......

 

and all this bollocks about "i should get tickets 'cause i own 2,000,000 cd's/dvd's" or whatever get a grip we are all fans no-one is "the biggest" or the most "hard-core"..........get a grip.

 

Yep! You've summed it up. I'm wondering how many new sign up's will be around after ticket pre-sales?

 

Very true. I missed the Vertigo Tour presale because I didn't join 'til 2005 so had to buy my tickets for the Vertigo Tour in general sale. But I've renewed my membership every year since, even though there wasn't going to be a tour on the horizon. Pardon the pun.
image

 

So let's see, over the years I paid: $40, $32, $32, $32, in order to keep my membership.

 

Folks that just joined for this tour paid $50.

 

You do the math.
exactly.....

 

im the same been here since 2005 AFTER the tour...i went to 2 shows hampden and cardiff and got tickets from ticketmaster days before each one no problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

vertigo qwe wrote:

Well don't want to WHINE and respect the priority of members who have been paying every year.

However for Chicago I was offered Section 317, Row 20 and up (well upper right corner of Stadium from where I can jump to Lake Michigan).

For your reference check it out the seating map

 

 

and now you tell me that I should pay for fan-club to get access code for these types of tickets that nobody would even buy in general public sale. Guess what, I didn't buy them either and keeping my fingers crossed for Monday public sale and certain that would get much better seats than what presale had offered me.

Like I said, got much better seats in public sale, section 152, row 10, right behindstage..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

look, we all know its a no brainer of an argument, anyone who signed up just before the gigs were announced, or rather just signed up for pre sale rights,well then they cant surely think they have a valid argument about having to let 2 groups go before them, ie the ones who pay membership regardless of tours, okso prob a fair few joined to get into the second group (breath?) by timing it right and using there kop on that a gig was imminent, and fair play. but anyonewho just signs up days before (like me lol) and expect to get tickets regardless of how late they are, well they cant really complain. its only right someonewho pays for years gets in first, and no one can argue any different.

 

if they really were quick enough, then they'd have got tickets, i got mine in the boots for GA and that was me sitting there in front of the computer ahalf hour before they went on sale, had the album playing and i was all revved up, was a right proper occasion, mate on the phone also him trying laugh.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

I would have been with you on this about 2 weeks ago - but I got the tickets I wanted with the pre-sale code so I guess it was worth it.

 

It's really annoying not being able to access the paid site after all this time. With respect, it's really not good enough for the biggest band in theworld - you should get my old I.T. tutor to fix it, or maybe my little brother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok guys, stop with the flaming of the newbies, they are quite crispy by now

 

Baja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me be honest here ... Joing U2.com because you want to support the band. Well, that's surely generous. Joining U2.com because you get something out ofit ... Nah. Joining U2.com because of access to the presale. Jep. I've been an on and off member and decided to become a member again in November becauseof the presale ... I hadn't figured out that there would be three presale groups. If I had I would certainly have joined earlier on. But I ended in theBreathe-group which got me the GA-tickets I wanted ... But I understand some of the frustrations among the Boot-members ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

I just joined today. How do I know what group I'm in ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hello all,

Does anyone understand the membership refund process? The 1-800 number listed for Fanfire isn't correct. It's some service where you're asked to enter your credit card number.

There is no information listed either on the HELP page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got MAJOR screwed when I was NOT notified to renew my subscription for 2009!! I called FanFare/U2.com and was told not to worry thatI would be notified by e-mail as soon as the site was updated and they went on to confirm all of my info so that according to them I'd be okay. I began topanic when the tour dates were being announced and I hadn't received my notice yet-so by the time I realized what was going on the extended date hadended!! They said there was NOTHING they could do and that I wasn't the only one this had happened to. I was told they were flooded with very pissedmembers who lost out on their status because of this glitch and they were sorry. I did try contacting a moderator but got nowhere...I have literally been sickto my stomach because of this! When soemting went wrong that time when U2.com membership's were first formed Larry Mullen put out a statement regarding theproblem so why hasn't he or any of the other members come out and addressed this mess! NOTHING will make me feel better until this is fixed and I get mystatus back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

larrysgirl2 wrote:

I got MAJOR screwed when I was
NOT
notified to renew my subscription for 2009!! I called FanFare/U2.com and was told not to worry that I would be notified by e-mail as soon as the site was updated and they went on to confirm all of my info so that according to them I'd be okay. I began to panic when the tour dates were being announced and I hadn't received my notice yet-so by the time I realized what was going on the extended date had ended!! They said there was NOTHING they could do and that I wasn't the only one this had happened to. I was told they were flooded with very pissed members who lost out on their status because of this glitch and they were sorry. I did try contacting a moderator but got nowhere...I have literally been sick to my stomach because of this! When soemting went wrong that time when U2.com membership's were first formed Larry Mullen put out a statement regarding the problem so why hasn't he or any of the other members come out and addressed this mess! NOTHING will make me feel better until this is fixed and I get my status back.

Something similar happened to me. I never received a letter stating my memebership was expiring on the old u2.com website. I kept emailing as Ihad forgotten my password and username and I never received an email back. Finally, I just paid to join again (this was months ago). I called fanfire at thetime and told them I was concerned about my lapse in memership and they told me seniority would not count for anything in upcomming pre-sales. Lucky for methey were wrong and I ended up in Horizon. I've been a memeber since the days of Propaganda. I'm using my wife's account right now as I stillcan't access the forum's and other parts of this site with my account that was rolled over from the old web site. Lots of problems with the customerservice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today, Giants stadium have their Venue presale from noon EST, this is well ahead of Breath and Boot Group.

Guess what if you go and search on TM, it only displays U2.COM fan club presale, no venue presale, there was a special link sent out by Giants Stadium venueand before you say something, you are right about those people who already got tickets.

Can I still WHINE?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

basher1 wrote:

this thread is funny as anything......

 

people signing up just before the pre-sale then not getting tickets then moaning about the fact......im pissing mysel here.....lol

 

as others have said you can't seriously expect to join up minutes or hours before the pre-sale and get tickets straight away thats just stupid.......

 

and all this bollocks about "i should get tickets 'cause i own 2,000,000 cd's/dvd's" or whatever get a grip we are all fans no-one is "the biggest" or the most "hard-core"..........get a grip.

 

This is why we love the Scottish. Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

basher1 wrote:

this thread is funny as anything......

 

people signing up just before the pre-sale then not getting tickets then moaning about the fact......im pissing mysel here.....lol

 

as others have said you can't seriously expect to join up minutes or hours before the pre-sale and get tickets straight away thats just stupid.......

 

and all this bollocks about "i should get tickets 'cause i own 2,000,000 cd's/dvd's" or whatever get a grip we are all fans no-one is "the biggest" or the most "hard-core"..........get a grip.

 

This is why we love the Scottish. Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

basher1 wrote:

this thread is funny as anything......

 

people signing up just before the pre-sale then not getting tickets then moaning about the fact......im pissing mysel here.....lol

 

as others have said you can't seriously expect to join up minutes or hours before the pre-sale and get tickets straight away thats just stupid.......

 

and all this bollocks about "i should get tickets 'cause i own 2,000,000 cd's/dvd's" or whatever get a grip we are all fans no-one is "the biggest" or the most "hard-core"..........get a grip.

 

This is why we love the Scottish. Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

basher1 wrote:

this thread is funny as anything......

 

people signing up just before the pre-sale then not getting tickets then moaning about the fact......im pissing mysel here.....lol

 

as others have said you can't seriously expect to join up minutes or hours before the pre-sale and get tickets straight away thats just stupid.......

 

and all this bollocks about "i should get tickets 'cause i own 2,000,000 cd's/dvd's" or whatever get a grip we are all fans no-one is "the biggest" or the most "hard-core"..........get a grip.

 

This is why we love the Scottish. Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

basher1 wrote:

this thread is funny as anything......

 

people signing up just before the pre-sale then not getting tickets then moaning about the fact......im pissing mysel here.....lol

 

as others have said you can't seriously expect to join up minutes or hours before the pre-sale and get tickets straight away thats just stupid.......

 

and all this bollocks about "i should get tickets 'cause i own 2,000,000 cd's/dvd's" or whatever get a grip we are all fans no-one is "the biggest" or the most "hard-core"..........get a grip.

 

This is why we love the Scottish. Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

basher1 wrote:

this thread is funny as anything......

 

people signing up just before the pre-sale then not getting tickets then moaning about the fact......im pissing mysel here.....lol

 

as others have said you can't seriously expect to join up minutes or hours before the pre-sale and get tickets straight away thats just stupid.......

 

and all this bollocks about "i should get tickets 'cause i own 2,000,000 cd's/dvd's" or whatever get a grip we are all fans no-one is "the biggest" or the most "hard-core"..........get a grip.

 

This is why we love the Scottish. Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dave wrote:

Damn right I joined for the pre-sale. But I've actually been a member since back in elevation. That pre-sale didn't go much better either. Out of my 8 friends, who were all members, I was the only one who managed to get any tickets. 2 was the max back then - & that was only because I'd kept trying to buy tickets 5 hours after the presale was supposed to begin (don't get me started on the Vertigo 1 pre-sale).

 

Umm...Elevation's presale was done through the mail when we all subscribed to Propaganda. I think the reason the presale didn't go sowell for you is that it didn't exist.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going to come up with as many post titles that play off the "Boots" level...

 

Ok, I won't! Promise...

 

What I do want to say is that I really didn't expect to find three tiers of pre-sale when I joined on yesterday. Perhaps that was naíve of me...???? Idon't know. I've never been part of ANY pre-sale - ever. I figured if you were a fan enough to join up, then you'd get the same treatment. But,what the heck.......

 

I don't think the Boots (like myself) who are complaining here are being TOO whiney. I hope not at least. I think we were just surprised to find tiers andnow it's hard being so close - for once!!! - but having to wait AGAIN. So, we can't help but vent our frustrations. Don't be too hard on us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

larrysgirl2 wrote:

I got MAJOR screwed when I was
NOT
notified to renew my subscription for 2009!! I called FanFare/U2.com and was told not to worry that I would be notified by e-mail as soon as the site was updated and they went on to confirm all of my info so that according to them I'd be okay. I began to panic when the tour dates were being announced and I hadn't received my notice yet-so by the time I realized what was going on the extended date had ended!! They said there was NOTHING they could do and that I wasn't the only one this had happened to. I was told they were flooded with very pissed members who lost out on their status because of this glitch and they were sorry. I did try contacting a moderator but got nowhere...I have literally been sick to my stomach because of this! When soemting went wrong that time when U2.com membership's were first formed Larry Mullen put out a statement regarding the problem so why hasn't he or any of the other members come out and addressed this mess! NOTHING will make me feel better until this is fixed and I get my status back.

old thread - I know!! lol sorry

 

this happened to me too but I kind of feel like it was partly my fault for not checking the site everyday. I've been a member for four years but a silentone. I was just confused when I renewed and now can't access the forums with my paid subscription (this is a free one that I just created).

 

Good luck to you- I missed out on the presale to the Rose Bowl but will just hold out for next year - I hope??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...