Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zeken

So Who Wants a Refund on Membership Fees ? (Merged)

It's like this, they give priority to the fans who have been members the longest (Horizon) as they should. There were NEVER any guarantees all memberswould get good presale tickets. I've been a fan since the October album but just joined U2.com this February making me a "Breathe" member. Ididn't get the seats in the presale I would have liked to but again, there were no guarantees and I just signed up in February this year. That's theway it is, that's what I read before I joined. I understand the frustration but please people, no one misled anyone. As a person who tried for tickets whenthey went on sale to the public for the last tour and got shitty obstructed view seats, I am grateful.

Just got my tickets for the Cowboy Stadium show. I was in the Breathe presale. 1 minor gripe, but it was my fault: I hit "Best Available" on seatingand got 200 level seats at $250 a pop. Turns out "Best Available" on Ticketmaster means most expensive, not choice seats. They state that on thesite, but when you're clicking through quickly to get your tickets you don't read the fine print too well. Oh, well... the stadium site has a virtualview from the section and it's not too bad. Luxury seats. Still... would have preferred to be up front in the 100s.

Pumped for the show! And I can't wait to see the new stadium!

Just for all those who feel the world is ending or something because Bono just kicked you in the nuts or whatever.... consider this.....

U2 is not coming to my country, and although I am a long term member and in the first group, I didn't get any tickets for obvious reasons.

However, the other day I changed my mind and paid exorbitant prices to a ticket agency for some tickets to the sold out New York gig, for my wife and I. I thenbought tickets from Sydney Australia to New York.

Long story short - I was part of the first presale group, still paid way more than most of you for tickets and will have to travel the entire way around theglobe and eat bread sandwiches for the next 5 months and possibly sell an organ on the black market.....

BUT YOU KNOW WHAT YOU BUNCH OF MOANING ASS-CLOWNS??? I'M TOTALLY FREAKING OVER THE MOON THAT I'LL GET TO GO AND SEE THE BOYS AGAIN, WHETHER I'MPOOR FOR THE NEXT FIVE YEARS OR NOT!!!!!!!!

How you like them apples?

Panth wrote:

Wow you can do that on an audio engineer salary?

Like I said Panth, you or Fung need a kidney??? roll.gif

Would you believe the Australian government just gave every adult in the country a tax-free cheque for $900 as a stimulus package?!?

So the airfare was the Prime Ministers shout!

Also, you are a very wise man like myself and are marrying another U2 nutter.....

So when I suggest insane things like this, my wife says "Hell Yeah" instead of kickin my ass out onto the street.laugh.gif

Im a horizon member...i got FANTASTIC seats...woooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would definitely like a refund, but I don't think U2 allows refunds... at least I can't figure out how to get a refund.

I joined U2.com in March 2009 as a Boots member and just purchased my presale tix for the Dallas, TX. Got the seats and price level I selected with noproblems.

zeken wrote:

Well I like many got screwed during this ridiculous presale and I am asking for a full refund. Respond to this message so that the moderators can see how many of us got shut out for tickets in Toronto or anywhere else. I feel so ripped off and this has happened on the previous U2 tour.

Sorry to say looks like you are in the minority....The 3 tier pre-sale worked well (not perfect). I paid 32 bucks and got 4 GA's to two different shows(Vegas being one of them)...

It didn't work for you, but a lot of Boots are brokers (and most Boot members did get the tickets that they wanted).

Thanks Baja and the rest of the team....

toddv wrote:

zeken wrote:

Well I like many got screwed during this ridiculous presale and I am asking for a full refund. Respond to this message so that the moderators can see how many of us got shut out for tickets in Toronto or anywhere else. I feel so ripped off and this has happened on the previous U2 tour.

Sorry to say looks like you are in the minority....The 3 tier pre-sale worked well (not perfect). I paid 32 bucks and got 4 GA's to two different shows (Vegas being one of them)...

It didn't work for you, but a lot of Boots are brokers (and most Boot members did get the tickets that they wanted).

I'm a Breathe member and it worked out OK . No problems with the presale.

Giants Stadium GA Tickets

Las Vegas GA Tickets

toddv wrote:

zeken wrote:

Sorry to say looks like you are in the minority....The 3 tier pre-sale worked well (not perfect). I paid 32 bucks and got 4 GA's to two different shows (Vegas being one of them)...

I'm a Breathe member and it worked out OK . No problems with the presale.

I got tickets for the PHX show but my seats are not at all what I expected. Oh well, hope they are good seats.

Nose bleed section beside the stage...hope the view is good.

Anyone with an unused code will sure be sitting pretty for presale of the next leg of the tour. Refund? Are you crazy?

is it me but it seems 99% of all the booing comes from north america,mind you it is the centre of the world!

trabbie wrote:

Anyone with an unused code will sure be sitting pretty for presale of the next leg of the tour. Refund? Are you crazy?

Those codes "might" not work for 2010....check Baja's post....nothing has been said about your unused codes yet...or if there will be anoth fanpre-sale.

You "might" be sitting on an unusable code....but we'll see....

toddv wrote:

trabbie wrote:

Those codes "might" not work for 2010....check Baja's post....nothing has been said about your unused codes yet...or if there will be anoth fan pre-sale.

You "might" be sitting on an unusable code....but we'll see....

Well I did use my code and managed to get 4 GA for Rose Bowl within minutes of the start of the presale. I recall the botched presale when Larryapologized to the club and we were issued another code for another presale. That would be great if there is another presale this time too. But presale hasalways been good for me since 92 and I'm sorry if it hasn't for others. Now I figure the club has grown so much in size it has impacted the presalesforever and I was very lucky.