Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PiChU

Where are you from?

I'm from Los Angeles and now live in Glendale, which is just outside Los Angeles.

I am from Aldekerk, a small village in Germany - next to the Netherlands. Since April 09 I lived in Neuchatel / Switzerland. You should visit the region of Germany called Niederrhein - thats my home.

Small village in the suburbs of a small town in North Italy, Vicenza... Loads of fog and humidity in this season, but just 70 km far from Venice ;)

I also lived 3 months in Vienna, Austria, I fell in love with that city.

small country, small garages,... but inventive people too!! just watch:

and this guy is 87 years old!!! would you be able to do that?!

[quote name='antonija_croatia wrote:

Zhivvy']You come from a beautiful country Antonija - I have been to croatia a few times but would like to explore it more

I am glad to hear that.

Where have you been in Croatia?

County is really beautiful. We have over 1000 islands. The world oldest cathedral is built in Croatia.

Nikola Tesla was our citizen, he was born in Smiljani Donji :)

We are greatest in many many things. From ancient past that has to be respected, as Bono said in Zagreb, till World Champion, Olimpic Games and Europian Champion ship in Handball :)

You should come and visit us,

what else I can say ;)

I have never really been around by the coast. I have been to Zagreb two or three times and love the city. When i was younger we used to drive to greece each summer so used to drive through the centre of Croatia on the E70 motorway. there are some beautiful towns and villiages by there. Would love to see the coast and islands very soon.

Born and raised in Cumbernauld, Scotland.....now living in Citrus Springs, Florida.
Hi Mcgurk76,

I'm curious, which do you like better? That's quite a move ;)

glasses.gifaussie best move of course its really hot here but not today , its overcast, looks like it might rain ;o)....

[quote name='u2ireland wrote:

mcgurk76']Born and raised in Cumbernauld, Scotland.....now living in Citrus Springs, Florida.

Hi Mcgurk76,

I'm curious, which do you like better? That's quite a move ;)

OK, my heart and head will always be Scotland.  Now, where i live it's in the middle of nowhere, their is no public transport -  I work with guys who are 40-50yrs who have never been on a bus or train!!  Nearest city is ocala and I'm about an hour plus drive away from Orlando and Tampa.

My big problem is health care, I pay over $100 a week for coverage and it doesn't really cover much - that depends on who you work for some, companies pay less and get more back.  The more you earn the better it is for you.  You get taxed on just about everything - again that depends on where you live, some states have higher taxes, some lower, some tax you for clothes, some don't.  Even though I've been here for 6 yrs, I still can't get over the price you see is the price you don't pay!!! - for example, you go to the $ store, everything is a dollar, when you go to the till, you have to pay tax!

The plus side is, my kids are at school, they love school.  All the teachers and helpers are friendly - not like when I was at school. Chicken wings are good. I've got the sunshine - too hot at summer!!

I could go on -overall, Scotland for me anytime(maybe I'm being biased)

New York, New York BABY! I reside in the borough of Richmond otherwise known as Staten Island. Made famous by the staten island ferry- I read in u2 by u2 that Adam Clayton took a ride on the ferry as a kid with his family while visiting manhattan... The view of the skyline pre 9.11 was amazing. Now its just 'ok'.

England, East Anglia.

Small village called arlesey in bedfordshire. Only about 40mins on the train to London so is pretty well situated.

New York, New York BABY! I reside in the borough of Richmond otherwise known as Staten Island. Made famous by the staten island ferry- I read in u2 by u2 that Adam Clayton took a ride on the ferry as a kid with his family while visiting manhattan... The view of the skyline pre 9.11 was amazing. Now its just 'ok'.
What a small world.
My sister is currently tracing our Ukranian heritage with the help of a woman from Ukraine.
Long story short...I was sent some email exchanges and this woman had a great grandmother who had lived in Richmond,Staten Island. That's where her search has hit a snag..

anyhoo...I'm from Long Island, NY  

PHILIPPINES !! Mabuhay kayong lahat! XD

I thought you were from America - wow!! You learn something new everyday !

Belgium Hasselt/Zandhoven

Ha, nearly neighbours, I'm from Tongeren !

small country, often mocked... and its true: we have the constant bickering between frenchspeaking and dutchspeaking part... a lot of rain . we had Dutroux (not good at all) and almost half of the prisoners escaped this year! our government seems to 'fall' every couple of months and ministers of foreign affairs like to offend foreign officials... we never win anything, no eurovisioncontest (accept for sandra kim , who lied bout her age) no soccergames...eyes.gif

but we have the finest chocolate and pralinekes, the best fries in the world, the first european president, frank de winne, walter vanbeirendonck, strong female tennisplayers and nice beers... ohwell.gif

Soooo true !  Nothing can beat our pralinnekes !  We'll have to distribute our leonidas here at the forum so everyone can enjoy !

Barbara, you've forgotten something very very special that our little Belgium has : 2 U2 concerts in september !!!!

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

anette_ebster']PHILIPPINES !! Mabuhay kayong lahat! XD

I thought you were from America - wow!! You learn something new everyday !

LOL ! laugh.gif America would be cool, but still love it here XD

Soooo true !  Nothing can beat our pralinnekes !  We'll have to distribute our leonidas here at the forum so everyone can enjoy !

Barbara, you've forgotten something very very special that our little Belgium has : 2 U2 concerts in september !!!!

yeah.jpg

Riga, Latvia and you can see my country's flag in my signature.

But currently I'm living in Estonia.

Riga, Latvia and you can see my country's flag in my signature.

But currently I'm living in Estonia.

Your country's flag is upside-down in the signature and may I say that the colours aren't exactly similar with the official ones...

United States, Pennsylvania to be exact. We also lived in Morgantown WV (in college) and Ann Arbor MI(my husband's PhD program and one of the best places I've ever lived)