Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumajet0

Top 5 rock music artists

sad eyes wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

No you did. I don't need to rehash all the insults all it takes is to read the thread. While you were telling everyone where they should place U2, you did it with insults... in a nutshell. It's all there in the thread. The insults, the ridicule, the challenges and all neatly topped off with accusing a poster of lying about their own life, no less. That one was an absolute knee slapper.

Done... dude... I've been done. We were all done until you brought the issue back up yet again.

Insults, ridicule and challenges?

While you people have been such saints?

Give me a break.
yep.....

saint basher and saint mick along with sister ceallach..........

It's impossible for me to list a single favorite song from each of my favorite 5 bands - they are my top 5 favorites because they have LOTS of great songs!

It would be torturous to even try.

And to think of the songs that I might have to leave out.

;)

And some of my favorite songs don't even come from my top 5 favorite bands -

Peter Gabriel - "In Your Eyes" and Don Henley - "Boys of Summer" come to mind.

sad eyes wrote:

cathkel wrote:

LOL....il take that as your sense of humour and not an order.

And that would be your only intelligent option.

Good choice.

LOL! Oh and let me guess... this wasn't an insult?

roll.gif

sad eyes wrote:

cathkel wrote:

LOL....il take that as your sense of humour and not an order.

And that would be your only intelligent option.

Good choice.

LOL! Oh and let me guess... this wasn't an insult?

roll.gif

sad eyes wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

No you did. I don't need to rehash all the insults all it takes is to read the thread. While you were telling everyone where they should place U2, you did it with insults... in a nutshell. It's all there in the thread. The insults, the ridicule, the challenges and all neatly topped off with accusing a poster of lying about their own life, no less. That one was an absolute knee slapper.

Done... dude... I've been done. We were all done until you brought the issue back up yet again.

Give me a break.

Yep.

So tell me then... where did I insult you? In fact, I extended an apology to you if I was coming across too harsh.

sad eyes wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

Give me a break.

Yep.

So tell me then... where did I insult you? In fact, I extended an apology to you if I was coming across too harsh.

sad eyes wrote:

It's impossible for me to list a single favorite song from each of my favorite 5 bands - they are my top 5 favorites because they have LOTS of great songs!

;)

It is tough picking just one favorite. As you can see, I had some trouble doing that. Also, it's tough picking a favorite because on any given day, another song could be your favorite. Kinda like how the order of people's top 5 favorite bands can change as well at times.

I have many favorite songs that aren't from my all time favorite artists, of course. But I just stuck with the topic of the thread: Your top favoriteartists.

sad eyes wrote:

;)

It is tough picking just one favorite. As you can see, I had some trouble doing that. Also, it's tough picking a favorite because on any given day, another song could be your favorite. Kinda like how the order of people's top 5 favorite bands can change as well at times.

I have many favorite songs that aren't from my all time favorite artists, of course. But I just stuck with the topic of the thread: Your top favoriteartists.

How about the favorite albums from your all time favorite artists:

-The Clash- London Calling

-Bob Marley- Legend- I hate to choose a compilation but this one is the best compilation ever, though because it doesn't include two of my favorite songs;War and Who The Cap Fit, Rastaman Vibration runs a close second if not a dead tie.

-Stevie Ray Vaughn- Texas Flood

-Red Hot Chili Peppers- Blood Sugar Sex Magick

-Roxy Music- Avalon

-U2- The Unforgettable Fire

How about the favorite albums from your all time favorite artists:

-The Clash- London Calling

-Bob Marley- Legend- I hate to choose a compilation but this one is the best compilation ever, though because it doesn't include two of my favorite songs;War and Who The Cap Fit, Rastaman Vibration runs a close second if not a dead tie.

-Stevie Ray Vaughn- Texas Flood

-Red Hot Chili Peppers- Blood Sugar Sex Magick

-Roxy Music- Avalon

-U2- The Unforgettable Fire

Still tough - more than one great album each!

The Smiths - Probably Strangeways Here We Come, but Louder Than Bombs and The Queen Is Dead is PHENOMENAL as well.

The Cure - Probably Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me, but Disintegration, Standing on a Beach and Head on the Door are AMAZING as well.

Big Audio Dynamite and New Order are easy -

Best of New Order and Big Audio Dynamite's Greatest Hits.

It is impossible for me to choose with U2 - however I will tell you that I hear A LOT of people knock HTDAAB and I think it's AMAZING.

And each of their albums seem to have completely different sounds - The Unforgettable Fire, The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby are all AMAZING from start tofinish but they sound nothing like each other really.

sad eyes wrote:

The Smiths - Probably Strangeways Here We Come, but Louder Than Bombs and The Queen Is Dead is PHENOMENAL as well.

The Cure - Probably Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me, but Disintegration, Standing on a Beach and Head on the Door are AMAZING as well.

It is impossible for me to choose with U2 - however I will tell you that I hear A LOT of people knock HTDAAB and I think it's AMAZING.

And each of their albums seem to have completely different sounds - The Unforgettable Fire, The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby are all AMAZING from start to finish but they sound nothing like each other really.

Well, yeah, of course there would be more than just one great album from each of your all time favorites. This was to be a list of your favorite(s) amongthose albums. No offense, but I'm really starting to think you just aren't getting the concept of "favorite". Favorite doesn't meangreatest or best; it just means favorite.

Yep, U2 hasn't never put an album out that sounds like the others. That's one of the things that I've always respected about them. You just listedthree of my top favorite U2 albums, too, btw.

They would be:

The Unforgettable Fire

Achtung Baby

War

The Joshua Tree

Pop

Zooropa is one that I love as well and could easily tie for the 5th spot with Pop.

sad eyes wrote:

And each of their albums seem to have completely different sounds - The Unforgettable Fire, The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby are all AMAZING from start to finish but they sound nothing like each other really.

Well, yeah, of course there would be more than just one great album from each of your all time favorites. This was to be a list of your favorite(s) amongthose albums. No offense, but I'm really starting to think you just aren't getting the concept of "favorite". Favorite doesn't meangreatest or best; it just means favorite.

Yep, U2 hasn't never put an album out that sounds like the others. That's one of the things that I've always respected about them. You just listedthree of my top favorite U2 albums, too, btw.

They would be:

The Unforgettable Fire

Achtung Baby

War

The Joshua Tree

Pop

Zooropa is one that I love as well and could easily tie for the 5th spot with Pop.