Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kristaps

MANUAL: Images in Signatures (version 2, updated)

Ok, folks:here is an updated version of my "Pictures is signatures" manual.
NB!: This works ONLY if HTML in the signatures are enabled. At the moment of writing this, they are not. Hence, don't panic ifnothing's working. Also, since I cannot check how perfectly everything's working, there MIGHT be some inaccuracies.

This describesthe general procedure, so it may differ for some of you.

You'llneed:

a) a Photobucketaccount (preferably);

B) a U2.comaccount (d'oh);

c)brains.

So, where tostart?

Simply go toCommunity > My Home > Forum Settings > Forum Signature. Click "create new signature"

On the page thatopens, enter the name of your signature and then there are two text fields. The top one is meant for TEXT SIGNATURES, i.e. simple text without any fancy fonts,colours, bolds or italics.

The bottom box,however, is for HTML signatures which can feature images, fancy fonts and colour. No flash animations or movies at the moment, unfortunately.

There areseveral ways how to put images.

1. The easiest - right click on the image and click "Copy". And then right-click into the Text field and choose "Paste".Success! If you see your desired image, you've done it perfectly! (Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V should work too)

2. A bitmore complicated way: with the help of the special button.

For this oneyou'll need to know the URL of the image you want to insert. If you are using Photobucket, just copy the "Direct link" for your chosen image, asshown in the below image:

Then click onthe Insert Image button (left to the smiley) and simply paste the URL copied from the previous step into the input field that appears. Click OK. And you seethat your image has been inserted. Do not that depending on the image, it may take a few seconds before the image appears. Be patient.

3. Thehardest way - using HTML code. This can be the easiest way for people who have knowledge it HTML, like me *blush*
First, turn on HTML-view by pressing the HTML-View button on theleft from the spellchecker, like in the below image. If you see it turn yellow, it means the view is "On".

Now you'refree to edit the signature as you wish. If you want to insert an image from Photobucket, just select HTML and copy it into the text field, as shownbelow.

In caseyou've used the code from Photobucket and don't want the images to be linked to PB, just remove link's code by the deleting the highlighted textfrom the code. Again, see an illustration below: the text that's highlighted in blue is the one that should be removed.

When you're done, click Save Settings (no illustration for this one :P)

To set thenewly-created signature as your default one, select the radio button next to it and slick Save Settings (again).

Done!

Hope thishelps,

Kristaps!<3 image

I guess the new site has some bugs in it.

When will these damn siggys start to show up?

I am expert HTML and CSS coder. So I know im doing it right. It has to be the server.

As Baja wrote, HTML has been turned off for now :(

P.S. Mods, could you like stick this one and unstick the other one? :$