Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

livermax

I went to Bono's house and........

I was in Ireland last week and decided to pay a visit to Bono's house..... after a long walk and a bit of a climb - we finally turned around a corner andjust as we did - the electronic gates opened up and out drove his daughter!! How cool, anyway I thought it was cool until my mate told me that she looked atus and rolled her eyes! Yeah I know they are probably sick of fans hanging outside the gates but hey what dya expect if you are the daughter of a famousrockstar!! So if you are reading this Bono (lol happy.gif ), please remind yourkids that it's the fans who have given them the luxury lifestyle that they have, and if any U2 fan is thinking bout visiting the famous house - be preparedfor seeing nothing lol, all you can see is the gates with lyrics written on them happy.gif, gorgeous town where he lives though, the locals were really helpful and friendly

livermax wrote:

I was in Ireland last week and decided to pay a visit to Bono's house..... after a long walk and a bit of a climb - we finally turned around a corner and just as we did - the electronic gates opened up and out drove his daughter!! How cool, anyway I thought it was cool until my mate told me that she looked at us and rolled her eyes! Yeah I know they are probably sick of fans hanging outside the gates but hey what dya expect if you are the daughter of a famous rockstar!! So if you are reading this Bono (lol
happy.gif
), please remind your kids that it's the fans who have given them the luxury lifestyle that they have, and if any U2 fan is thinking bout visiting the famous house - be prepared for seeing nothing lol, all you can see is the gates with lyrics written on them
happy.gif
, gorgeous town where he lives though, the locals were really helpful and friendly

Oh wow, so that automatically negates their privacy? Nice.

Who said anything about negating their privacy?!! They are protected by big electronic gates ffs!!! It's not as if I was hanging around his bloody housefor hours! Welcome to the rockstar lifestyle - these things happen, oh and fyi - he does actually live on a public road so I can stand where I want and infact - if I wanted to stand there for 24 hours - I would be entitled to do so, are you jealous because you are in the states and have possibly no chance ofgoing there? Or are you just being damn right petty? If I plough about £10000 into a Rock groups coffers and I travel 500 miles to see their house - then Iwould not expect a reaction of a rolling of the eyes - at the end of the day - I wasnt doing any harm whatsoever, it's not as if I was jumping up and downsinging for Bono at the top of my voice!!! I am not that mad! You like being different/controversial don't you? Hence Captain Beefheart (Safe as milk -boss album) roll.gif

prksoda00
wrote:

livermax
wrote:

I was in Ireland last week and decided to pay a visit to Bono's house..... after a long walk and a bit of a climb - we finally turned around a corner and just as we did - the electronic gates opened up and out drove his daughter!! How cool, anyway I thought it was cool until my mate told me that she looked at us and rolled her eyes! Yeah I know they are probably sick of fans hanging outside the gates but hey what dya expect if you are the daughter of a famous rockstar!! So if you are reading this Bono (lol
), please remind your kids that it's the fans who have given them the luxury lifestyle that they have, and if any U2 fan is thinking bout visiting the famous house - be prepared for seeing nothing lol, all you can see is the gates with lyrics written on them
, gorgeous town where he lives though, the locals were really helpful and friendly

Gotta agree with Prksoda. It isn't about being different or controversial. Well, I guess it is about being different, considering the idea of havingdiffering opinions. You're right it is a public road, however, I think it was your comments that suggested because his daughter has a famous rockstarfather that she shouldn't be bothered by fans hanging around outside of their home. And then to suggest to Bono should tell his children that because fansbought their music that they are somehow entitled to hang outside of their private home should be tolerated, is just a bit much and what I have to disagreewith. Also, Bono is the one who is the celebrity, not his children and they are entitled to their privacy and to not like having fans hanging outside of thehome in which they live.

I'm sure you didn't mean any harm by any of it. But, it's the comments/opinions you shared on the matter that I disagree with.

prksoda00
wrote:

livermax
wrote:

Gotta agree with Prksoda. It isn't about being different or controversial. Well, I guess it is about being different, considering the idea of havingdiffering opinions. You're right it is a public road, however, I think it was your comments that suggested because his daughter has a famous rockstarfather that she shouldn't be bothered by fans hanging around outside of their home. And then to suggest to Bono should tell his children that because fansbought their music that they are somehow entitled to hang outside of their private home should be tolerated, is just a bit much and what I have to disagreewith. Also, Bono is the one who is the celebrity, not his children and they are entitled to their privacy and to not like having fans hanging outside of thehome in which they live.

I'm sure you didn't mean any harm by any of it. But, it's the comments/opinions you shared on the matter that I disagree with.

prksoda00 wrote:

livermax wrote:

Gotta agree with Prksoda. It isn't about being different or controversial. Well, I guess it is about being different, considering the idea of havingdiffering opinions. You're right it is a public road, however, I think it was your comments that suggested because his daughter has a famous rockstarfather that she shouldn't be bothered by fans hanging around outside of their home. And then to suggest that Bono should tell his children that becausefans bought their music that they are somehow entitled to hang outside of their private home should be tolerated, is just a bit much and what I have todisagree with. Also, Bono is the one who is the celebrity, not his children and they are entitled to their privacy and to not like having fans hangingaround outside of the home in which they live.

prksoda00 wrote:

livermax wrote:

Gotta agree with Prksoda. It isn't about being different or controversial. Well, I guess it is about being different, considering the idea of havingdiffering opinions. You're right it is a public road, however, I think it was your comments that suggested because his daughter has a famous rockstarfather that she shouldn't be bothered by fans hanging around outside of their home. And then to suggest that Bono should tell his children that becausefans bought their music that they are somehow entitled to hang outside of their private home should be tolerated, is just a bit much and what I have todisagree with. Also, Bono is the one who is the celebrity, not his children and they are entitled to their privacy and to not like having fans hangingaround outside of the home in which they live.

it's a tough draw, folks. On the one hand, we all want to see the band, and it stands to reason that if you happen to be on a public road near anyparticular house, you'll get to see someone...however, those who live in the house are also perfectly entitled to expect not to be bothered by us fans!

"Those who live in the house are also perfectly entitled to expect not to be bothered by us fans!"

Sorry, but no one really is "entitled." But, it's not as though anyone violated their property; nor were there 50 people with cameras.

We're talking a couple of fans walking down the street. The reality is there is a price to pay for fame and fortune. And, I have no problem with a fanchecking out somebody's place from a public area. Even if Bono had been at home and had come out I doubt those two would have mauled the guy. They wouldhave said, "hey, great to meet you" and moved on. I have neighbors who stand on my street every day right near my house and we say "hi" andmove on. I have no fence; they can see what I'm doing in my yard, driveway, etc. every day - and they do. And, their friends do as well. It's life.

YoungmanU2
wrote:

"Those who live in the house are also perfectly entitled to expect not to be bothered by us fans!"

Sorry, but no one really is "entitled." But, it's not as though anyone violated their property; nor were there 50 people with cameras.

We're talking a couple of fans walking down the street. The reality is there is a price to pay for fame and fortune. And, I have no problem with a fan checking out somebody's place from a public area. Even if Bono had been at home and had come out I doubt those two would have mauled the guy. They would have said, "hey, great to meet you" and moved on. I have neighbors who stand on my street every day right near my house and we say "hi" and move on. I have no fence; they can see what I'm doing in my yard, driveway, etc. every day - and they do. And, their friends do as well. It's life.

Price to pay for fame and fortune? The price to pay for fame and fortune applies to the celebrity, but their children are not celebrities. They have everyright to be bothered and express said annoyance at fans congregating outside the home where they live.

Neighbors saying "hi" is quite different than total strangers standing outside your home hoping to catch a peak of their favorite celebrity. Howwould you feel if total strangers were standing outside your home? You'd feel a bit differently if it were you and your family, I'm sure.

If I'm not mistaken, Bono has expressed in the past that he will not talk to fans outside of his home. Why should he? Bono and U2 make every effort togreet the fans at public appearances. Why should any of them have to make this concession at their private homes? They shouldn't. Privacy should berespected. It is not the right of the fan to try and meet them at their private residences.

YoungmanU2
wrote:

We're talking a couple of fans walking down the street. The reality is there is a price to pay for fame and fortune. And, I have no problem with a fan checking out somebody's place from a public area. Even if Bono had been at home and had come out I doubt those two would have mauled the guy. They would have said, "hey, great to meet you" and moved on. I have neighbors who stand on my street every day right near my house and we say "hi" and move on. I have no fence; they can see what I'm doing in my yard, driveway, etc. every day - and they do. And, their friends do as well. It's life.

Price to pay for fame and fortune? The price to pay for fame and fortune applies to the celebrity, but their children are not celebrities. They have everyright to be bothered and express said annoyance at fans congregating outside the home where they live.

Neighbors saying "hi" is quite different than total strangers standing outside your home hoping to catch a peak of their favorite celebrity. Howwould you feel if total strangers were standing outside your home? You'd feel a bit differently if it were you and your family, I'm sure.

If I'm not mistaken, Bono has expressed in the past that he will not talk to fans outside of his home. Why should he? Bono and U2 make every effort togreet the fans at public appearances. Why should any of them have to make this concession at their private homes? They shouldn't. Privacy should berespected. It is not the right of the fan to try and meet them at their private residences.

wrote:

YoungmanU2
wrote:

Price to pay for fame and fortune? The price to pay for fame and fortune applies to the celebrity, but their children are not celebrities. They have every right to be bothered and express said annoyance at fans congregating outside the home where they live.

Neighbors saying "hi" is quite different than total strangers standing outside your home hoping to catch a peak of their favorite celebrity. How would you feel if total strangers were standing outside your home? You'd feel a bit differently if it were you and your family, I'm sure.

If I'm not mistaken, Bono has expressed in the past that he will not talk to fans outside of his home. Why should he? Bono and U2 make every effort to greet the fans at public appearances. Why should any of them have to make this concession at their private homes? They shouldn't. Privacy should be respected. It is not the right of the fan to try and meet them at their private residences.

ceallach67,

I totally agree with you. Privacy respect is respect before all. I would't like strangers to stand outside my home. I understand that Bono doesn't likethis. I wouldn't like it either for my kids. It's up to us fans to have a respectful attitude towards their privacy. Love brings respect...

Sandrine

livermax wrote:

Who said anything about negating their privacy?!! They are protected by big electronic gates ffs!!! It's not as if I was hanging around his bloody house for hours! Welcome to the rockstar lifestyle - these things happen, oh and fyi - he does actually live on a public road so I can stand where I want and in fact - if I wanted to stand there for 24 hours - I would be entitled to do so, are you jealous because you are in the states and have possibly no chance of going there? Or are you just being damn right petty? If I plough about £10000 into a Rock groups coffers and I travel 500 miles to see their house - then I would not expect a reaction of a rolling of the eyes - at the end of the day - I wasnt doing any harm whatsoever, it's not as if I was jumping up and down singing for Bono at the top of my voice!!! I am not that mad! You like being different/controversial don't you? Hence Captain Beefheart (Safe as milk - boss album)
roll.gif

If someone was standing on the public road outside your house, gawking at it for 24 hours, you'd call the cops yeah? Or get out your shotgun?

And nothing to do with jealousy, I've been to Windmill Lane - that's the only place where it's cool to gawk at the band.

And you personally have funded Bono's kids lifestyle?? Bloody hell, get over yourself.

samodri2 wrote:

wrote:

YoungmanU2
wrote:

Price to pay for fame and fortune? The price to pay for fame and fortune applies to the celebrity, but their children are not celebrities. They have every right to be bothered and express said annoyance at fans congregating outside the home where they live.

Neighbors saying "hi" is quite different than total strangers standing outside your home hoping to catch a peak of their favorite celebrity. How would you feel if total strangers were standing outside your home? You'd feel a bit differently if it were you and your family, I'm sure.

If I'm not mistaken, Bono has expressed in the past that he will not talk to fans outside of his home. Why should he? Bono and U2 make every effort to greet the fans at public appearances. Why should any of them have to make this concession at their private homes? They shouldn't. Privacy should be respected. It is not the right of the fan to try and meet them at their private residences.

ceallach67,

I totally agree with you. Privacy respect is respect before all. I would't like strangers to stand outside my home. I understand that Bono doesn't like this. I wouldn't like it either for my kids. It's up to us fans to have a respectful attitude towards their privacy. Love brings respect...

Sandrine

This is one of the reasons why I'm sooo glad I can never have children because if I ever become popular for any reason (Ex: win the lottery,go on a reality show, pull a heroic stunt, etc.). I won't have to worry about my kids being freaked out over fans being curious.

I totally agree. Meet the fans a selected locations, but I do not like the idea of people harrasing the Prince or his family at their home. If there issomething I cherish more than anything is my right to privacy, to not be constantly being watched or looked at. I like to live and let live. Bono, well, I knowthat the Prince is extremely famous, but I don't want that fame to go to his head and then all kinds of crazy things can happen to him. I feel that as longas he has a normal life like the rest of us, that he doesn't end up letting the world out the door of his home, come into his home, we are all okay. Yousee, stars gets lost, once they become famuos, the let go of their friends, family, all the normal thngs they had for a new life surrounded by total strangerswho jump at their feet. No way Jose, I want Bono and the band members to have a normal life like the rest of us, I want them to feel that with money, fame orno money and fame, they are still happy to be who they are and happy to be alive. We are born naked, and we go naked unless a good samaritan dresses us.Nothing from this physical world goes with us, the only thing we take is the goodness in us that we passed to our fellow human beings. So, I don't want thewealth, power, and fame, to rob them of the normal love, the things that are truly valuable, like his wife, his children, his family, his friends, cousins,grandparents, everything that is his intimate, those are the most valuable things the Prince owns. Money is important for this material world we live in, but .Money is a knife with two edges, it can send you to heaven and down to hell. Money is a weapon or sorts. In good hands, it can make miracles, in evil hands, itcan kill. Now, I'll I really want to say is that with fame or no fame, power or no power, money or no money, Realm loves the Prince. Is that simple and itis true.

to be able to say hello to the band members in person and express appreciation for their music I think the golden rule still stands regardless of how rich ,poor , famous , non existant you are is, treat others how you want to be treated , the golden rule ... I certainly would not like to be stalked outside myhome ..True the price to pay is to be recognised and asked for signitures everywhere you go but not to be invaded at your dwellings where children are needingfreedom...

Are not those crazed fans the ones that cause stars to have the dilema years or crisis years .

Imagine no privacy yourself not to mention what julian lennon copped , did you ever stop to think that they possibly worry for their children and families justlike us , just cause they have security it does'nt promise safety more than you or I , it just gives some piece of mind and even more worry at timeshaving money....

In fact they are in the spot light it's like being in shark infested waters with a bait bucket tied to your leg , you definately did not intend to be eatendid you !!!!

True fans give peace.......

YoungmanU2 wrote:

Yeah some of those "Fans" are psychotics. So I assume you can speak for them as you have hundreds of people who visit your house everyyear, write on your property, attempt to climb a gate to gain entrance, and then complain when they see one of you families roll their eyes at them?

You say you know how they would have acted, have you read some of the people around here, what they write? The delusions? Would you want them hanging aroundyour house?

livermax wrote:

Who said anything about negating their privacy?!! They are protected by big electronic gates ffs!!! It's not as if I was hanging around his bloody house for hours! Welcome to the rockstar lifestyle - these things happen, oh and fyi - he does actually live on a public road so I can stand where I want and in fact - if I wanted to stand there for 24 hours - I would be entitled to do so, are you jealous because you are in the states and have possibly no chance of going there? Or are you just being damn right petty? If I plough about £10000 into a Rock groups coffers and I travel 500 miles to see their house - then I would not expect a reaction of a rolling of the eyes - at the end of the day - I wasnt doing any harm whatsoever, it's not as if I was jumping up and down singing for Bono at the top of my voice!!! I am not that mad! You like being different/controversial don't you? Hence Captain Beefheart (Safe as milk - boss album)
roll.gif

1. If you stayed there 24 hours they could have you carted off for harassment and stalking, not to mention loittering.

2. Jealous? Hahaha! I've met him, outside of a concert venue, yeah. You know the places where they set up for that to happen? Actually I don't give afuck about seeing their houses. I've been to The Joshua Tree 5 times though :). By the way , I have been to Ireland, I didn't go to their housesbecause I respect their privacy and I'm not an obsessed stalker.

3. You invested that money by choice. Did they make you? Is there a contract where you were told Bono's daughter wouldn't roll her eyes at you? No. Youexchanged money for entertainment, not courtesy from Bono's daughter. The fact that it offends you makes you seem a little off, in my opinion. If herrolling your eyes at you is that important, I'de hate to see what would happen if you hung around outside Larry's house and he flipped you off.

4. Different? Controversial? No its called being yourself, something you clearly aren't comfortable with, since you clearly put so much credence intoother's reactions to you (oh no! Bono's daughter rolled her eyes at me!) . But I won't roll my eyes at you, as you'de probably say you'veinvested too much time into this thread and are "entitled" to my respecting your irrational opinions.

5. The fact that you would even think that you could stay in front of his house for 24 hours if you wanted is disturbing. Your sense of entitlement isdelusional and shows immaturity,and a complete disregard for a person's (famous or not) right to peace and privacy.

sounds like someone needs to listen to Breathe a bit more closely. Shame on the stalkers.... ya didn't happen to be carrying around a copy of Catcher inthe Rye while loitering around, did ya?

Count me on the respect their privacy side of this argument. I think the home and family is sacred no matter what someone's day job is. After nearly 30years of following U2 I've plowed thousands of dollars into the band by buying their albums, then CDs and MP3s and other memorabilia in addition to all ofthe concerts I've seen, including traveling long distances to see them. None of that entitles to me anything other than the satisfaction that I've beena fan long enough to where I don't have to explain who U2 is anymore when people ask me who my favorite band is. Frankly, I'd roll my eyes, too, if Iwere Bono's daughter. Imagine what it's like for her. It may have been that there were only two of you at that particular time of day but if you livedat the house I would bet that in any given month there are many fans who stroll by the house just to check it out. Bono has always made himself available tofans when the band is on tour and even then there is the inevitable knucklehead who can ruin it for everyone.

I'm sorry but why does his daughter have to ackowledge your 'presence', :Livermax? U2's children ain't Bob Geldof's kids....

And yes I'm jealous that you could go near his gates.... The 15min distance that is between me and Bono... ;)

prksoda00 - I would like to respond to your extremely self-opiniated, one-sided, tellingly immature post........

1. No, you are wrong, nobody can cart somebody off for sitting on a kerbside on a public road (no matter who lives on the public road and not that I wouldever do that anyway!!)

2. "Jealous, I've met him, outside a concert venue" woweee, obviously you are so stupid, let me just point something out because it hasobviously slipped your mind (and everybody else's who replied to this post).... I DIDN'T GO TO THE HOUSE TO MEET BONO..... DOH - ARE U ALL STUPID?? HEWAS AWAY REHEARSING FOR THE TOUR WHICH I ALREADY KNEW, I WENT TO HAVE A GLIMPSE OF WHAT A £5 MILLION POUND MANSION LOOKS LIKE, WE DON'T HAVE THEM WHERE ILIVE!! Is that a crime? On the same note - I didn't "hang around the house" or "stalk" or "loiter" so where's the harm?To be honest - I really didn't give a shit who lived in the house - it was the mansion and the curiousity of how the rich live that interested me - not theoccupants, which was the reason why I also looked at other houses in the vicinity too (notice the word "looked"!!), oh and whilst I was"looking" (as I walked past) at another house - the lovely owner who was sitting in the garden that I was "looking" at came over and had achat with me - telling me about the history of the area etc, also - may I point out (not that I need to) that on the history board at the local railway station- it actually gives information about Bono's house, hmmm, maybe Bono should ask the local council to remove it, and Enya may as well have her tuppenceworth too!! Just to stop people stepping foot inside the lickle town!

3. "Bono's daughter rolled her eyes at me" - now I am not sure but I am guessing that you are in USA? You see - my whole post was kinda"tongue in cheek" but I guess that I should have realised that not everybody has the same sense of humour or indeed, not everybody "getsit", and I am from Liverpool - quite renowned for its sense of humour, for fu*ks sake, stop being so bloody serious, I can't believe Ive had to writethis reply, I just cannot believe you have taken it so serious!!!

4. Again - another "tongue in cheek" remark about you being different, hence Captain Beefheart, but you clearly took it as an insult!! I am sorrythat your immaturity didnt see the funny side, Captain Beefheart's music is quite different and controversial...... is it not? Sorry you took it so seriousroll.gif

I would think that as I am a professional Psychologist and counsellor - I am very very very comfortable in my own skin Wouldn't you? Because god help myclients if I am not!! That would be a gross act of misconduct!!

5. Did I once say that I would sit outside his house for 24 hours? Hmmmm.... I don't think I did!!! I was merely making the point that it is a public road!

Finally..... you are very opiniated but unfortunately, it is very one-sided, it seems that you do not have the capacity to consider another's point ofview,

Oh and by the way...... as I live in Liverpool, I went to have a look at a footballer's £4 million mansion the other day whilst I was in the area, verybeautiful it was, what dya think of that then hey? hmmm, mmm, come on - what dya think about that? Dya think I should be carted off and locked up in apsychiatric ward, by the way, your last post was an insult to those people who have genuine mental illness and suffer from genuine psychosis................Get a sense of humour otherwise you may find that people will be rolling their eyes at you pmsl roll.gif

Don't ya just love this place come on everyone group hug.................................................

Wow, if you really din't care what we thought, then why the 2 page reply?

Nothing more immature than going to your "hero's" house and complaining when you don't get the reaction you want.

Love it how now you say it was "tongue-in-cheek" after we all called you out.

Anyways, for someone who is supposedly a therapist and had to go through all the education it entails, you can't even put together a coherent sentence.You're an insult to "fans."

Bye bye! Have fun with your delusions!

Prksoda00! wheres the joshua tree exactally? I thought it was kept quiet?