Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

livermax

I went to Bono's house and........

DAMMIT DON'T MAKE ME PUT YOU ALL ON THE NAUGHTY STEP............

Although i gotta say Livermax the way you're first post came across you did seem to be well pissed about the rolling of the eyes thing

so i can see where folks reaction has come from.

At the end of the day the kids of the group are entitled to privacy but unfortunatly because of the nature of the job the parents do that ain't gonnahappen, i ca understand why some people want to go to band members houses and stuff (not my thing though) buti think the reaction to all this is a bit o.t.timho.......can we all just get along and love each other before i start crying here.

livermax wrote:

I WENT TO HAVE A GLIMPSE OF WHAT A £5 MILLION POUND MANSION LOOKS LIKE, WE DON'T HAVE THEM WHERE I LIVE!!

Liverpool - quite renowned for its sense of humour

We don't have 5 mil pound mansions either. We call the funny money euros.

Also, dunno about the sense of humour but over here it's quite renowned for its skangers.

basher1 wrote:

Although i gotta say Livermax the way you're first post came across you did seem to be well pissed about the rolling of the eyes thing

At the end of the day the kids of the group are entitled to privacy but unfortunatly because of the nature of the job the parents do that ain't gonna happen, i ca understand why some people want to go to band members houses and stuff (not my thing though) buti think the reaction to all this is a bit o.t.t imho.......can we all just get along and love each other before i start crying here.

Lol!

I agree, it's a bit over the top on the reactions, I read it to be lighthearted and a bit tongue in cheek, was surprised once I started reading through thecomments. It doesn't take much to irritate some people on here it seems but I guess everybody interprets things differently.smile.gif

jackpothalls wrote:

basher1 wrote:

At the end of the day the kids of the group are entitled to privacy but unfortunatly because of the nature of the job the parents do that ain't gonna happen, i ca understand why some people want to go to band members houses and stuff (not my thing though) buti think the reaction to all this is a bit o.t.t imho.......can we all just get along and love each other before i start crying here.

Lol!

I agree, it's a bit over the top on the reactions, I read it to be lighthearted and a bit tongue in cheek, was surprised once I started reading through the comments. It doesn't take much to irritate some people on here it seems but I guess everybody interprets things differently.

And there is the answer.....nice one Jackpot......

not everyone WILL have the same interpretation and because it is just words you can't see the person putting the words up here you can't see the bodylanguage of said person, the internet is a bad place for this kind of thing and it's not the first time and certainly won't be the last time this kindof thing happens on here or anywhere in cyber-world for that matter.........

BUT....

i can understand why it got the reaction it did, now most of the peple that have responded on this thread are people i have know and loved (yes Mick thatincludes you) for a few years on here and they have not reacted to this thread just to jump on someone they have done it because of what they read and the wayit was put across so no-ones to blame here In my humble opinion as i said the internet is a bad place sometimes.

Im down with that Jackpothalls, the ferathers defiatly got ruffled! ;) lol I put it down to the tension and itchy excitement of waiting for the tour to reach'your' night.... Or a multitude of nights! I wish I had got more than just Cardiff now! ha ha Tho im made up just to have a ticket! Yay! let me in thesound!!! :):):)

jackpothalls wrote:

basher1 wrote:

Lol!

I agree, it's a bit over the top on the reactions, I read it to be lighthearted and a bit tongue in cheek, was surprised once I started reading through the comments. It doesn't take much to irritate some people on here it seems but I guess everybody interprets things differently.
smile.gif

I read it as lighthearted and tongue in cheek..roll.gifbut maybethats because Im a Weegie!roll.gifanyway ..just for the record a few of us wentto Bmans house way back in feb...we were really looking for Dannys place bit stumbled oan this!roll.gifwink.gif..we knew he wasnt there cos that was the week they were promoting in London......tongue.gifand this is just my opinion ....He doesnt make a secret of where he lives.everyone knows his house its hard to miss.well the gates anyway .......If your just passing by its ok ...but no way is it nice to take rootoutside.........which in fact some do I am told ......tongue.gif..I just hopetheres plenty of security or something the week for the Croke concerts ..cos I think there will be some crazies outside his house ........tongue.gif

hey, you are forgetting something. She's a teenage girl. She's entitled to roll her eyes.

I'd not be hanging around outside his house. I think it is really inappropriate. When I went to that village and people wanted to see his house I decidedto wait at the down the road and admire the sea. Approaching the house just doesnt seem right to me.

Along the road by Bono's house is one of my favourite walks, and I did see Bono driving in once, but I'd be a little embarrassed to do anything otherthan walk by. Still, there wouldn't be anything wrong with waving at him I suppose, but I think it's important to let him feel that he can escape fromprying eyes.

Acrobat wrote:

Prksoda00! wheres the joshua tree exactally? I thought it was kept quiet?

People have been finding it since 87. I'll give you clues, but I'm not really going to tell you exactly where it is. If you want the area to look in PMme.

Didn't the Joshua tree off the album cover die in 2000? I thought I read something like that on Wikipedia or somewhere.

Well said badgirl 56, at least somebody has a sense of humour - I thought I was going crazy for a minute lol wink02.gif Enjoy the shows if you are going wink02.gif

I respect Bono's privacy, I don't think I am entitled to anything, I give U2 my money with pleasure no one is forcing me too.

I think Bono's daughter has every right to roll her eyes she probably gets annoyed with the attention....I would probably do the same thing.

I wouldn't feel right visiting his house anyways ...or his gates I would feel weird, whether Bono is there or not.

johnstaf wrote:

Didn't the Joshua tree off the album cover die in 2000? I thought I read something like that on Wikipedia or somewhere.

Yeah, still there though.

trickywicket wrote:

sounds like someone needs to listen to Breathe a bit more closely. Shame on the stalkers.... ya didn't happen to be carrying around a copy of Catcher in the Rye while loitering around, did ya?

LOL! Good on ya!

livermax wrote:

I was in Ireland last week and decided to pay a visit to Bono's house..... after a long walk and a bit of a climb - we finally turned around a corner and just as we did - the electronic gates opened up and out drove his daughter!! How cool, anyway I thought it was cool until my mate told me that she looked at us and rolled her eyes! Yeah I know they are probably sick of fans hanging outside the gates but hey what dya expect if you are the daughter of a famous rockstar!! So if you are reading this Bono (lol
), please remind your kids that it's the fans who have given them the luxury lifestyle that they have, and if any U2 fan is thinking bout visiting the famous house - be prepared for seeing nothing lol, all you can see is the gates with lyrics written on them
, gorgeous town where he lives though, the locals were really helpful and friendly

I thought bono's place is in mars! jajajajjajaja!!!

badgirl56 wrote:

jackpothalls wrote:

basher1 wrote:

Lol!

I agree, it's a bit over the top on the reactions, I read it to be lighthearted and a bit tongue in cheek, was surprised once I started reading through the comments. It doesn't take much to irritate some people on here it seems but I guess everybody interprets things differently.roll.gifSTALKER ALERTroll.gif

The only statement I thought was inappropriate was suggesting that Bono remind his children that they have the lifestyle they do because of the fans inresponse to his daughter rolling her eyes at your presence at their house. That might have been meant tongue and cheek when you posted it, but it's toughto know what emotions are from just words on a screen, which is why your tongue in cheek-ness may have been lost in the translation.

Though, this statement in your second post didn't sound tongue and cheek in the slightest:

If I plough about £10000 into a Rock groups coffers and I travel 500 miles to see their house - then I would not expect a reaction of a rolling of the eyes - at the end of the day -

That suggests you feel that his daughter was out of line. I happen to disagree. His daughter had every right to not want to see fans standing outside theirhome and to react as she did. No amount of money you spent makes a difference either way on that. That was what I was disagreeing with.

Of course I don't think you meant any harm by any of it and I said as much in my previous posts. On the whole, I don't think there's anything wrongwith fans just wanting to see Bono's home.

The only statement I thought was inappropriate was suggesting that Bono remind his children that they have the lifestyle they do because of the fans inresponse to his daughter rolling her eyes at your presence at their house. That might have been meant tongue and cheek when you posted it, but it's toughto know what emotions are from just words on a screen, which is why your tongue in cheek-ness may have been lost in the translation.

Though, this statement in your second post didn't sound tongue and cheek in the slightest:

If I plough about £10000 into a Rock groups coffers and I travel 500 miles to see their house - then I would not expect a reaction of a rolling of the eyes - at the end of the day -

That suggests you feel that his daughter was out of line. I happen to disagree. His daughter had every right to not want to see fans standing outside theirhome and to react as she did. No amount of money you spent makes a difference either way on that. That was what I was disagreeing with.

Of course I don't think you meant any harm by any of it and I said as much in my previous posts. On the whole, I don't think there's anything wrongwith fans just wanting to see Bono's home.

cathkel wrote:

badgirl56 wrote:

jackpothalls wrote:

basher1 wrote:

Lol!

I agree, it's a bit over the top on the reactions, I read it to be lighthearted and a bit tongue in cheek, was surprised once I started reading through the comments. It doesn't take much to irritate some people on here it seems but I guess everybody interprets things differently.roll.gif

cathkel wrote:

badgirl56 wrote:

jackpothalls wrote:

basher1 wrote:

Lol!

I agree, it's a bit over the top on the reactions, I read it to be lighthearted and a bit tongue in cheek, was surprised once I started reading through the comments. It doesn't take much to irritate some people on here it seems but I guess everybody interprets things differently.roll.gif

cathkel wrote:

badgirl56 wrote:

jackpothalls wrote:

basher1 wrote:

Lol!

cathkel wrote:

badgirl56 wrote:

jackpothalls wrote:

basher1 wrote:

Lol!