Sign in to follow this  
123love

Come and join me I'm having a beer what are you having?

Just a quick hello as it is late and I'm up early in the morning! The voice is fading now - husband happy!!! The wine with my freind isn't really helping but I'll keep trying it!

Hope your all having fun and for the ones of us in the colder climates - i hope the snow isn't too bad for you! (stil waiting for it by me - the whoe of England seems to have it apart from me!!)

Take care all

xxx

Just finished a mocha to celebrate after a day of handing out samples of "Five Hour Energy".  I tried the product whenever I have a huge schedule so I know it works, but my question is which U2 band member would be brave enough to try the energizing drink.

Now when I think of it illum its not good for anyone over 40 to dabble to much in energy drinks because it could bring on a heart attack and we really really dont want that ..xxx

Hi everyone , again im going to my dads to work on my car so be in later but not too late as have a 7 am work start tomorrow :o(

Hope everyone is well and is on the ball

Listening to radio and about to have a tea...........

So whats happening ?

Hi all, haven't been on this thread for a couple of days, so had to catch up.

yes, snow, tell me about it. Went with some friends and their kids on excursion last sunday. Instead of the usual 1h20 drive, it took us 2h30 to get there. Call us crazy, since we all have year-tickets to another park, which is only 20 minutes away !!! But hey, driving carefully as Johan & Frank did, the 2 cars & passengers all ended up there safe and sound and we all had a great day !!

To finish the day, we had a drink at my friends' house. It was something he brought back from Cyprus (I think) a few years ago. When you put the bottle in the freezer, the content doesn't freeze ... yes, quite a bit alcohol in it ... but soooo good !

Have a great day all !

Finally finish changing the break pads on my car , what a pain we had , my finger nails now need cutting because theres grease under them :o( which is horrible because tomorrow we have a break up lunch together at work ...........

Anyway I did miss you girls earlier today , care to catch up .x

Got radio on and they recently played beautiful day :o)

So whats new?

Glad your having a greatr time zhivvy and jojes...........

Night all got to go to sleep now have early start tomorrow wont be in till your morning girls so

xxxx

love.....

[quote name='sea_islander wrote:

xtraspicy62']
Thats a very good habit to make, as most of us are dehydrated and dont really know that we are. Were made up mostly of water anyway...so we all need to keep up a proper water intake...

it keeps your skin looking nice too
smile.gif

VU's "Ocean," 1969 version smile.gif

"I am a lazy son

I never get things done,

mostly made

up of water,

but here comes the waves"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000W29AI4/ref=dm_mu_dp_trk1 wink.gif

Yes, interesting song...Im sure you must keep up your water intake too, especially considering heavy equipment you carry and the heat of the surrounding area...not to mention water lost in stress...

so glad you can see the stars at night so vividly...and with the equipment meant to see ugliness even death!

Wow, Im sure bono would like that imagry of a soldier who can see either stars or slaughter...either one..depending on his vision....and not to give up hope...to choose to see beauty....despite the horror...

you are beautiful....soldier....God be with you....XO

Just finishing a can of orange soda while reflecting on my day of Christmas shopping, running errands and figuring out which bread to begin making for my brothers and their wives.

This year, I'm pacing myself because who wants to panic on Christmas eve with baking and wrapping presents.  Speaking of presents, I have my furbabies to shop for and fortunately they're easy to please because what kitty doesn't enjoy catnip and everyone knows dogs love a product called "Beggin Strips".

just had a lemon tea, trying to stay chilled out. They are predicting another big storm, this time here in Minnesota and Wisconsin. Of course, the kids are all bummed that we may not be able to make our weekend trip to the indoor water park....sigh.

I'd be just as happy to stay home and knit, but the ensuing pouting might be lethal. We shall see what the clouds bring. Meantime, work has not slowed as it might....

Hello All, Seems to be a busy time for us all at the moment. And the weather seems to be affecting our lives too (apart from 123love who's enjoying the sun!!!) We still seems to bet the only place with no snow in the country! It is about -5 though!!! The frost coating everywhere does look pretty. I hope you get to the waterpark Beth before the kids pout too much! I've done the third load of laundry already today (the gremlins have been filling up the baskets again!) want to get all sorted before tomorrow. Have a few last minute things to get in the centre so going to brave that in about an hour (help!!!!!!!)

Hope you're all having a good day/evening

xxx

Had a hectic last day at work cleaning and then we went out for work break up lunch was nice ........\

Then picked up my daughter and mum and we went to the beach and had dinner........

Then we went to the mall had a coffee and cake and now im glad to be home relaxing , really sick of driving everywhere and just when the back brake pads were put in now the front one are grinding as touch :o( so a saturday job...........

On channel 9 they have an international dancing contest with all culteral dancing and at the moment Ireland are in the lead...........am missing it though cause im on here , see how much I love you all.............

Having a tea and got radio on and thinking that it would be really nice to go out on a date since now im on a holiday break till the 6th:o)

So whats happening ?

Nothing much happening here 123. I've got the Popmart Live in Mexico DVD on, so I'm loging for it to be september 2010 already, time for the next live concerts.

I watched a broadcast here last night about the tsunami being 5 years ago next saturday. I still get shivers seeing those images. We were in Phuket in july of that year. Everything we went to every day was gone ... the Italian restauratn, the coffee house, the excursion booking booth, the mall, our bungalows right at the beach, ... it was really creepy ! And to think that when flying home in july we talked about going back for Xmas !!

They interviewed some people who had survived it all. There was this couple holidaying in Sri Lanka, where they went on honeymoon. They had their daughter with them, she turned 5 while they were in Sri Lanka ... they lost her when she got pulled out of the mother's arms.

Just can't imagine how it must feel going through something like that ...

Yes thats really heartbreaking I hate thinking about things like that sometimes even though there is good hope. I still think dealing with it and missing them as well as wondering or hoping it ended fast is something I hate to deal with......

I still remember how tears came to my eyes seeing those images 5 years ago. Just thinking about all those people who lost someone ... knowing that a lot of the great people we met there were gone, people we talke to almost every day during our week there.

And of course realising how lucky we were not being there ... we didn't have enough days off left at work, or else we were there too when it happened.

We went back to Thailand 2 months later (were planning that when the tsunami hit). When we were up in the north, in Chian Mai, there was another earthquake in the Bangkok area. We felt nothing, but everyone at home started sending messages and calling us. The following day we went back to Bangkok. Apparently the media at home made a bigger deal out of it then it was. There was a slight panic, but within 10 minutes life was back to normal.

Yes you were lucky not to be able to take more days off work , phew! sad for others of coarse!Times like that you want to kiss your home or the ground that you made it home safe............lol

talkabout good fortune, jessika, i'm really glad you didn't get to phuket that winter...havent met you in person yet, but i'm not lying when i say i have ghoosebumps at this moment , only thinking about what could have happened! i think about these things often... how the diece can roll... and a split second can decide if we live or die, and maybe we'll never know we just escaped an accident or something...
you all have to pardon me but my little brother died 26 years ago , SID, he was with this woman ,we call a 'onthaalmoeder' (it's someone who looks after babies in her/his own home while the parents are at work) and when she went upstairs in the afternoon to get him out of his bed, she noticed he was still asleep and t little boy beside him was awake. so she took this boy downstairs to feed him first, and when she went back it was to late...she found him dead.
it happened 2 days before winterbreak at school, i was 10 and remember my father came to pick me out of the classroom (he never did it cause he never got home from work before school was out) and i saw him talking to the teacher, saw the fright on her face and still when we walked over the schoolyard i was chattering about the xmasparty we were gonna have at school the next day (somewhere down i felt something happened, i guess, and didnt wanna know..)
so this is a time i think about the fragilty of life...

What a terrible thing for you and your family to experience Barbara - once again makes me so thankful that I have been relatively lucky in life. And you too Jojes - strange how things can happen,

i'm of to prepare the gourmet, have to work tomorrow so we're gonna celebrate being together today! (love and i stayed in bed for a 'long cuddle ' this morning wink.gif ) we have cava and kids-campaign and some crisps and peanuts to eat while seeing a nice movie tonight with the kids (we still have to pick one... wont be coraline!)

good night to you all, have fun whatever you do and let's all appreciate our loved ones (even more then we already do...)

i'm of to prepare the gourmet, have to work tomorrow so we're gonna celebrate being together today! (love and i stayed in bed for a 'long cuddle ' this morning wink.gif ) we have cava and kids-campaign and some crisps and peanuts to eat while seeing a nice movie tonight with the kids (we still have to pick one... wont be coraline!)

good night to you all, have fun whatever you do and let's all appreciate our loved ones (even more then we already do...)

I agree -  even though my man isn't home tonight frown.gif. Have a great evening Barbara - sounds fun!

xxx

Goodmorning all , how was your day ?

I dreamt all night about a co-worker , only God knows why ! Strange dreams ................

Anyway having a tea and radio is on and missed you lot a bit yesterday , terrible isnt it?

I miss everyone on here when I'm not around so it's not terrible at all 123! I'm off to bed soon, this cold is lingering on and want it gone before Friday. Had a couple of coffees this evening to warm up (decaff). Daughter is very excited, it has finally snowed by us and looks as if more to come overnight. So if we can get the car out of the estate in the morning we're off to the Chase (a national forest near us) to make snowmen! I'llpo st some pics if we do that.

Hope you are all feeling festive

xxx

Although tired from dreaming lol , I think I may go out today for coffee with daughter , you can join us and enjoy this lovely hot sunny weather.

x