Sign in to follow this  
123love

Come and join me I'm having a beer what are you having?

Interesting u2lawoman,

Had an average day but was really happy to see my cousin pop in today before he flies out to Mauritius.........

Still happy about last nights sleep , like memories............

Anyway how is everybody ?

Apple juice after a day of running errands and doing about 5 loads of laundry.

OMG, where do you keep getting all that laundry from?! ..damn...i've collected a few mountains myself...

it's not a hill, it's a mountain

when you start out the climbe.....

bringing up mauritius again!!! please 123, it's freezing here,and with spring so far away don't let me think about mauritius so much... or i 'll take all my savings and leave with the next flight....sigh... if i could, i would....

daughter just came home from school, her ears almost freezing off frown.gif all looking blue (she goes with her bike) .... we're so longing for the summer!! (and this time not only because of the new concerts...)wink.gif

Drinking a cup of soothing half-decaff coffee with Vanilla/Rum creamer after a couple hours of cleaning up some flooding in our house.
Doesn't sound good, hope it's not caused too much damage.

I'm just having coffee trying to warm up - and the cold spell is supposed to be te end of the week!! Help!!

Off to the dentists in an hour, just for check up though.

Ths morning went really well. the school seems very nice, I met some of the kids and they seem decent enough. The English department are lovely and seem very supportive, have given me work schemes timetables etc... which is very helpful. So I starton the 4th January and it is continuing long term so definately Easter maybe the summer and if i settle in well there is the chance of it becoming permenant - so have to wait and see!

But at least I know that Iam starting the new year with a job, an income, security etc... And it means that I can breathe a sigh of relief.

i'm so happy for you zhivvy, the idea of starting a job in the new year must be a big relief! hope your colleagues turn out very nice, and the kids too!

i went to my GP, cause throatache and caughing dont get better, also it started to hurt when i caughed. it's bronchitis, like i expected and a throat infection , so antibiotics for me (although i'm not keen on them, i 'll be good and take them cause i don't wanna stay home sick after working only a month...)

oldest one had his last exame today and started to tear off the paper from the walls in his room... still Lion King on them and now having a girlfriend, he probably feels to old for that laugh.gif a lot of noice and dust to look forward durin these holidays, but we'll all be happy when it's done and looking good....

Thanks for your good wishes barbara. Hope you get ridof te infection soon, that's not a nice thing to have. Enjoy your noisy dusty holiday!!!!

Speak to you all later, have to go and have teeth checked now

xxx

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

illumination70']Drinking a cup of soothing half-decaff coffee with Vanilla/Rum creamer after a couple hours of cleaning up some flooding in our house.

Doesn't sound good, hope it's not caused too much damage.

There wasn't a lot of damage, but it looks as if there's going to be a lot of laundry to do (towels,blankets,etc) which will take awhile, but we'll be ok.

Barbara , heaps of lemon , honey and garlic , hope you get better asap.....

Zhivvy really happy for you , hope you get to stay , we'll see;o)

So so so so so sorry i didnt come in at the time said but i slept right through , must have been tired :o(

but am here now , sorry............

listening to radio and still waking up lol

whats happening missed you all

xxxx

well, I am settled in with a hot cider/caramel drink they make here at the local coffee shop. There's some whipped cream involved as well. Had a decaf at this hour yesterday and had problems sleeping last nite so have to watch the coffee.

I witnessed a horrible accident today. A truck nearly drove INTO the cafe I was sitting in with a friend in the city (its my day off and I am mentoring this lovely guy as he enters his nursing degree program...) Just looked up from my tea as we were chatting and this car gets hit by a semi truck at our intersection and the truck starts coming towards the cafe. I stood up and yelled for everyone to get up...the truck stopped just shy of the door and windows. Everyone was well, but he took out the hydrant, so water everywhere, to our knees, and it is -25 F with the wind here...I stayed with the girl in the car till the medics came, she was fine, the trucker running around yelling about his brakes failing.

I will need wine tonight after the eldests concert. I think I will.

It just makes you think about how quickly things change. a second. Hug em tight tonight friends.

Yes I think about that alot , good eye opener beth , and yes wine to easy the tension...............

x

I actually wrote a line about a car accident i was in... it was a minor one but made me me realize it can all end that fast!

bethtalisman, that must have been awful for you, what a shock! Hope you had the wine you need it.
things like that do make you think about what coudl happen.
my husband is a trucker for a gas company and I just can't think about what vcould happen when he's at work. he's lost a couple of workmates from serious accidents - with what they carry there is only serious accidents - as in truck explodes. It scares the life from me.
But on a lighter note, thaks for the good wishes 123love, I am loking forwards to a regular job coming up and as i said they all seem nice people to work with. Will just have to see about it becoming permenant, but at the moment just happy thinking about work til easter
x

Bethtalisman,

I hear ya because I've been rear-ended in 2 car-accidents and it really makes one realize how quickly things can change.

My choice of beverage for now is mint tea after a long day of doing 9 loads of towels and blankets (from the flood) and baking a batch of toffee bars.

ate the food, drank the wine....oh, yes true, and true.....much better now. thanks for the good thoughts, it always helps you not feel so nutters.....

mmmm. toffee bars. its a good thing I am a lousy baker. a good cook but a lousy baker. oh and a good bartender! I'd a jillion pounds if I were a good baker...cause I am a pretty lousy exerciser as well.

its still so crazy cold, no sign of the end of it for now. Next week we will take the girls to an indoor water park with rides, etc., and its always so nice and warm in there, you feel like you are worlds away for a few days...just a state away in Wisconsin, but still...we can have a fruity drink and pretend....

like we are in Perth, perhaps....