Sign in to follow this  
123love

Come and join me I'm having a beer what are you having?

A big coffee before off to my new job!

Hello all

xxx

finished first cup of coffee (first off a million..?) and a loaf of raisin bread with a lot of butter!

i've been on the internet, trying to find a simple and short bus route for my kids to school.. they normally go with bicycle ( less then 10 minutes to school) but the snow and cold are here to stay (according to the weatherforecast) and it's a little dangerous, dont you all ,mothers, agree? so today my love has driven them to school, but being all in 3 different schools, it's not the best solution..

see you later, have to be at work at 11 and still have to wash my hair

Hi all , goodmorning..

Yes barbara agree with you its not all easy with snow , can imagine its pretty for a couple weeks even fun but after a while i think it would be annoying............so dont regret this hot weather so much.................

Got radio playing and drinking a glass of water which is good...........

So whats happening?

School again :((

me too - but at the other side of the desk!

Hello all!

I finished my first day at my new school. Apart from te having to get up and out of bed at -7 outside it was a good day. I've only met three classes up to now but all seems good. The staff also seem very supportive and from the way things were said looks as if it could be til the summer! So fantastic news (maybe persuade hubby dear that another u2 concert is due!!!)

So very happy at the moment!

Hope you are all well - did you get the bus route sorted Barbara? if your roads are like ours at the moment you need to make sure they aren't walking/cycling too far

take care all

xxx

lol you lot are funny..........think you frightened poor annette ...............

just woke up from more nightmares but am used to that................

So whats happening ?

Listening to radiop and there playing '' I shot the sherrif''

glad you enjoyed being back at school zhivvy!! but i do feel, for poor annette... being in school isn't always that easy... for both sides!

i did find a good route for the kids... they'll be on the bus for aprox. 5 minutes, daughter(lena)  has to get of the bus a 250 meters from her school! thats nice, isnt it?

the oldest (jona) has to walk for another 5 minutes to be at his school. so i went to the store after work an got 2 passes (8 euros=10 rides; nice deal!) and now my oldest is being obstinate (is that the word?) and says he'd rather go on foot, cause he doesn't like being on a bus?! (and last year he was nagging my head about buying him a season ticket so he could take the bus when it rained... i guess it's pubertyeyes.gif... i dont get him sometimes! no problem... 1 extra ticket for lena to use when it rains (so my love doesnt have to drive her around so much...)happy.gif

to be safe i'd make him catch the bus , but what do i know it doesnt snow here............lol

Well im off to go back to sleep ............

love you all

night

x

Love the views of teenagers barbara - always the opposite of what you want them to do!! Being back and working again felt nice today although tired - and yes do feel sorry for Annette being a pupil not much fun, no matter how much you enjoy school! And to make my day even better my best friend who now lives in America is on his way to stay for the night before he returns to Washington at the end of the week!! Yeah!!!! I miss hims loads when he's not here. I got to see him Christmas day too - as his parents and my parents are best friends etc... So looking forwrds to a couple of drink (non alcohol as drving) in a nce snug pub later.

Hope you all have fun too

xxx

night girls be in tomorrow morning  but youll all be sleeping lol ^

you're seeing a lot of 'old' friends lately, zhivvy! such fun times for you!

oh 123, how to get a 15 year old boy to take a bus, because his mom wants him to?? zhivvy will agree with me, it 's not that easy at all! sleep tight!!

oh ..did i mention the really great, australian red wine i'm having? cheers girls!

yeah I know 15 year olds dont listen ...........

But some do! not mine though...............

Anyway couldnt sleep , so thought i'd come on for a while ............

Got radio on and their talking at the moment , hate ads lol

wonder where the lucky parents of those 15 year olds are...

i 'm of to bed 123, hope you manage to get some sleep before morning! or is it already too late?

glasses.giflol i' know !

anyway im going got a long day ,

Spending it with my mum then daughter................

night barbara and everyone

love

x

sounds like we have all survived the "first day back" bits....Zhiv, so glad the job is good....!! Of course another show is well deserved.

The U2 Plane was here in Minneapolis over the weekend!! A friend posted a pic of it....sigh...so close and so far.

no drinks for me tonight. Dinner with eldest daughters Girl Scout troop tonight at a cafe with wifi so we can set up their electronic cookie sales accounts (fancy!)...and then on call till morning. Have a feeling I will be working.

A most elegant red cardinal just appeared at the window, totally bold against the snow. Wish he had waited for my camera....

so my daughter went to busstop at 7.55 (bus was supposed to drive by at 8.01am, so right on time)

she's 13 , mum doesn't have to come along then.... but of course i stood in front of window and at 8.03 i saw the bus drive ... ran to the busstop (130 meters) to make sure she was on it! went upstairs to my love (still waking up) singing: she's on the bus! our little girl is on the bus!' i'm so happy, cause she's warm and dry on the bus' (my love looked a bit funny, like i was overreacting or something?)

so woke up the youngest and made coffee... and received a textmssage at my cellphone saying:' mum, i'm on the wrong bus!' i did think she was joking but i texted back:' how could that happen!!'

she texts me back; 'i'm at the railwaystation? Now what?!' so i run back to my love (has one leg outta bed by then..) and yell: 'she's at the station, what should she do??' he answers very calm; 'she'd better start walking then...' (fathers can be so c, c &c)so at that moment my phone rings and she 's panicking a bit...i ask her if she knows how to walk to school from there, and explain the route (she gots really bad sense of direction- has it from my mum..) and i tell her not to worry, i'll call her school to explain why she's late...(it's a 10-15 minute walk, through the long shoppingstreet and across the marketplace)

i did call the busline too, and they cant see how she didnt pas her stop (she claims the bus took another route and didnt ride by the school?)

i did tell her (several times!!) to check with the busdriver when she got on , but she admit's now she didnt do it cause that might be weird (!?)...

one things for sure; being 13 or not.. tomorrow i'm with her at the busstop, and i'll ask the driver to put her of at the right spot...

sorry for the long story, but the moms outthere will understand me rambling on...maybe this should be in the 'some days she's so dumb' thread...though...

lol barbara you sound just the way I would have reacted , you did well mum!
Finally got back to sleep this morning and had an average sleep but  feel great now............
My daughter has gone to watch the cricket match with her friends , ( she doesnt even know how the game is worked letalone like it lol )
And well ive been on the net looking at Engleburt humperdinck ' s old music and figured out i'd been calling him encleburthumperdick all my life and realised I had it all wrong !
Anyway got radio on and had a tea..............
So whats happening ?

unfortunately I start work again tomorrow , but at least i'll be getting some money again............

About to go now and have a sleep , hopefully wonder over to dublin and spy on the boys and their music making;o)

Anyway

seeya later tonight maybe

night

love

xo

Hey girls! Guess what i can access from work! (oh dear)

Having a lovely day at work once agian, think i'll really like it here. Don't worry have no kids in front of me right now - planning and stuff.

Hope your daughter finally got to school in one piece Barbara - muast have been a worry for you. Lots of snow all over England today but still not much her but a big white sky out there. Think it may be an icy drive home.

See you all later

xxx

Zhivvy your a crack up!

going to bed now , have fun exploring the forum ...............

might be in early morning:o)

Back to work tomorrow :o(

anyway have a good one

night

love

x

For now I'm having a cup of coffee with Parisian almond cream-flavored creamer.  As for the local weather in my area, we've been having a lot of rain courtesy of el nino which is a relief because last year I was up to my neck in snow.