Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thatdreamer

Paid Subscription Worries...

Not wanting to clog up the "Problems" thread with complaints and worries, I thought I'd start a separate thread. I've been a paid subscriberto U2.com since the previous site was first launched in 2004, and, like many others here, I cannot log in, because my username contains invalid characters (2capitals and a space, in my case), and I can only post here because I've created a new free account with a different email address.

Like most other subscribers, my subscription was extended until March 2. I appreciate that the people running this website are dealing with a lot of technicalproblems at the moment (and Baja must be up to her ears in complaints), but the extension date of March 2 is nearly here. But at the present moment there seemsto be 'no line on the horizon' as far as the technical glitches are concerned.

Being a paid subscriber for 4 years, I really would appreciate being able to resubscribe for $32, rather than $50. I also hear that some of the paidZootopians who actually CAN get in are having their own problems with resubcribing, and unless U2.com pulls a miraculously fast solution out from somewhere, itseems they should extend the subscription/bonus price date of March 2 to a more realistic date, by which time the numerous bugs can be ironed out.

And at one of the busiest times in U2's career (the release of a new album...) I really do miss not being able to get into the sub-side of the Zoo.

I have the same problem...I've been a paid subscriber since 2004...and can't log into my paid account now because there are spaces in my username.The extended period of time to renew will be here in a little more than a day and if things aren't resolved...me and many other's like me will have topay $50.00 instead of the $32.00 that we really owe in order to remain paid subscribers...

We didn't make any mistakes...the site isn't running properly and we shouldn't be held responsible and penalized for something that's beyondour control. We should be over the moon, excited and happy about the new album coming out this week...and the announcement of the tour dates...but insteadwe're frustrated and worried about being shut out...or having to pay extra!

The period to renew has to be extended past March 2nd, if this isn't resolved. If it's not going to be extended, then it's just not fair to uslongtime fans.

I wonder if the band knows what their devoted fans are being put through here?

Here's hoping that this all gets settled soon...or that the time to renew gets pushed forward until it does...

dreaming out loud1

i have subscribed and cant get in .paid 15th nov . have to use the free site . my user name neil mccormick .

Well I try to re-subcribe and no matter how I write date of birth I am getting a sign of invalid date of birht ... and it nowhere gives an example of how theywant it to be written then ... YAAAAAAAAWN .... in what order or what at all l.o.l I mean if we are to lie we lie anyway but in what order :) day first or what??????????????????????

Actually it's the American way mm/dd/yyyy.

hey there dreamer.....

my prob isn't as serious as yours because renewing went fine for me (thank goodness). the thing that gets to me is that it just seems like a lottery inregards to problems being solved, there is no indication or sign of life from u2.com (except for an email indicating that the new site is up and that you canrenew.....strange sense of humour that i don't get i suppose??)

some users probs have been solved (without them hearing anything) and others who sent in their probs straight away after the launch of the new site are stillwaiting.....

it still baffles me that they didn't do a test run before they launched the site....it would surprise me if they did in any case.....a couple of bugsok....but the problems are so various it's ridiculous....and what kind of message board doesn't allow spaces or dashes in the usernames????? seems very1980's to me......at least with my zooname i can understand (t@rR€L)

ok....enough complaining from me now....time to listen to nloth again and worry about the upcoming ticket stress

dublin, amsterdam, brussel, ???? here i come....hopefully!!! :-)