Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arngrim

"The Unforgettable Fire" remaster

HOas anyone heard about the remaster lately, other than the photo that was posted?

"A 25th Anniversary edition of the album is scheduled to be released in October 2009."

According to Wikipedia. But I can's find any details as to what will be on it. If anyone knows I would greatly appreciate it.

the remaster of the unforgettable fire is being advertised on the plastic bag given out with merchandise at the U2 shows. the only info says it's beingreleased a digital download, vinyl, single CD, digi pack CD and box set (like the Joshuia Tree box set). So the boxset will probably be the album, a CD ofb-sides and 'rareities' and some DVD i guess ? :)

the remaster of the unforgettable fire is being advertised on the plastic bag given out with merchandise at the U2 shows. the only info says it's beingreleased a digital download, vinyl, single CD, digi pack CD and box set (like the Joshuia Tree box set). So the boxset will probably be the album, a CD ofb-sides and 'rareities' and some DVD i guess ? :)

May be that Unforgettable Fire video that was released in about 1985? Some classic live stuff on there.

Thinking about this the "bonus b sides" disc may be a bit of a struggle - the only b sides that weren't live versions of album/older tracks wereBoomerang 1 and 2 and Bass Trap. Maybe the Wide Awake In America EP could be added but to make it a more attractive proposition ...? A load of unreleasedtracks? A live set from that era?

Marvgadgie wrote:

Thinking about this the "bonus b sides" disc may be a bit of a struggle - the only b sides that weren't live versions of album/older tracks were Boomerang 1 and 2 and Bass Trap. Maybe the Wide Awake In America EP could be added but to make it a more attractive proposition ...? A load of unreleased tracks? A live set from that era?

Well, the boxset version would almost have to have a live show from the era - that alone would make the boxset version worth having - high-quality livematerial, officially-released or bootleg, is relatively rare from the UF days... In addition to Boomerang I and II, Bass Trap, Love Comes Tumbling, and TheThree Sunrises, we also never have had an official CD release of '60 Seconds in Kingdom Come', an instrumental that has only ever been released onvinyl. Also, I'm sure there are other songs we aren't aware of from those days - for example, some of the extra songs on the JT bonus disc I never knewexisted and I had every single from that album along with all of the b-sides... This is great news! :) UF isn't my favorite U2 album, BUT a cleaned-up,Edge-engineered remastering along with all of the other tracks recorded during the sessions would be a true gift for all of us. :)

Yep - spot on. Forgot about 60 seconds ... that was on the double 7" wasn't it. Totally agree about live stuff - there are cracking live versions ofHomecoming and Bad on releases but thats it. In the UF video the live stuff looks great. The JT "new" tracks" I assume were studio tracks thatnever made the cut ... I imagine with Eno at the helm there are plenty of weird experiments in the vaults. It's an intriguing proposition anyway ...

"60 Seconds..." was also on the blue-cover 12" of "Pride" that had Martin Luther King on the back cover. There is also the extendedsingle version of "Pride" that was on the European CD single. Also, there was an Australian 12" of "Unforgettable Fire" that had alonger "Love Comes Tumbling" if I recall, but other than those (which we have in some format), I look forward to numerous surprises.