Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

u2bum

wedding song - help needed

flagrassa wrote:

Q
Magazine November 2004

The Edge: "The last time I cried was listening to that song.
It was a song Bono started on the last record about my daughter Holly
. He's her godfather. The lyric became more universal. About being young and full of doubt about yourself. He probably won't agree, but I think it has connotations for Bono, looking back to when he was 20."

August 25, 2001

U2 Has Luck Of The Irish For Biggest Ireland Gig

8.25.01_tn.jpg

8.25.01 - Reuters

By Michael Roddy

SLANE, Ireland (Reuters) - It was a beautiful day, and night too, as Irish supergroup U2 brought its world tour back home on Saturday for an emotion-charged concert before its biggest audience ever in Ireland. "Thank you so much for coming out," lead singer Bono, whose real name is Paul Hewson, told 80,000 adoring fans packed into a huge field beside Slane Castle on the Boyne River north of Dublin, under clear night skies. The mostly young audience went wild as the supergroup launched into some of its biggest hits, including "It's a Beautiful Day," "End of the World" and the political "Sunday, Bloody Sunday" about killings in Northern Ireland in 1972.

The most poignant moment came when
Bono
sang "Kite," a song he has dedicated to his father, Bob Hewson
, a retired postal clerk who died on Tuesday after a long illness.

"I want to thank God for taking my old man away from his sickness and his tired old body and giving him a new one," Bono said before launching into the ballad, which includes the lyrics:
"Who's to know when the time has come around/ Don't want to see you cry/I know this is not goodbye."

He may have wrote in for his daughters but it seems more poignant as a song for his father
See you in Vegas Toddv!!

Good find....I guess I got that idea from the Chicago DVD....I know Kite was written for his girls, yet during Elevation tour, it turned into asong for his Father....

Songs changed over time....amazing....

See you in Vegas....I can't wait....Make that fan meet-up....

Toddv,

We're staying @ NYNY so meeting up with rabid U2 fans Thursday night is a sure thing. I'll follow the Vegas thread to keep up to date. By theway,don't let those other thread-mongers get you down. You are an asset to message board & a cool dude as well.

flagrassa wrote:

Toddv,

We're staying @ NYNY so meeting up with rabid U2 fans Thursday night is a sure thing. I'll follow the Vegas thread to keep up to date. By the way,don't let those other thread-mongers get you down. You are an asset to message board & a cool dude as well.

Thanks....

I have a room booked at Hard Rock and Luxor....we'll see where else i book (LOL)....my girlfriend would like to stay on the strip so prob the Luxor (got acrazy 49 dollar a night rate there)......

We're also gonna try and catch a show (I have seen most out there), yet Amie hasn't....prob take here to Le Reve at the Wynn or Love (Beatles) atMirage....

See you at Nine Fine on Thursday....lets do a beer and all have a good time....

See you soon....

I heard the Beatles "Love" is awesome. My wife and I are going to the Sunday 9:30 show. Took advantage of an awesome ticket discount of 40% (which isno longer available). Try for Saturday night since you will be @ the Rose Bowl Sunday!

flagrassa wrote:

I heard the Beatles "Love" is awesome. My wife and I are going to the Sunday 9:30 show. Took advantage of an awesome ticket discount of 40% (which is no longer available). Try for Saturday night since you will be @ the Rose Bowl Sunday!

I have seen Love at the Mirage two times....good solid show.....Le Reve is my fav, O is also awesome too....

We're flying out Sat night....

See you there....

hahahahahaha

AC/DC

Imagine doing the waltz to "you shook me all night long" ...scary!

I went to a wedding once and they had sex bomb by Tom Jones. SCARY.

I think Isn't She Lovely is a great choice!

Is'nt she lovely is nice choice..

Sorry I did'nt realize you were looking for father and daughter ...my bad....