Sign in to follow this  
pollyanna

Counting......a way of life.

2426 - After a horrible start to live like that she has done well to become a well rounded child (with the help of good parents) and that is worth more than any test results.

wow, janet, that's a little girl that's been through alot!! cant believe people treating kids like that... but it's a good thing she and your son have such caring parents now!

2427 Wow Janette you a star and yes all that nasty stuff happend but she has you and your loving caring familly to help her along and keep her at doing her music and art! I'm not someone who finished high school and it's taken me from my mid 20s to relise that I'm actually good at being creative!

Yes having a high school, college and uni education may have made my life better but that's sometihng that i'm doing now. But school isn't the be all and end all of life!

2428 Thank you both very much, but we're not all that great, just do what we can with lots of help, therapy and prayers!!! Well, we are off to school . . . . see ya later :))) Again, thanks so much for letting me vent, it helps, a lot!!!

2428 if you can't vent to facless people no a forum when can you! lol

2429 requests to visit the paid member forum!!! nnigrt made me my first poll; lets you chose between two versions of hazy shade of winter. please do vote on your favourite!

2430 Not so great . . . a few grades posted, but not good . . . only a C in Lang.Arts (barely passed, but passed) and a D in Soc.St (not passed). I'm going off to cry now :((((

2431 done crying . . . keeping it in perspective! Going to celebrate with her tonight: she has kept herself organized, done all the work, tried her best right to the end, never gave up . . . all that will get her far in life and is worth it no matter the end result.

2431 - Hey janette, your daughter has done her best and that is the most important thing. If there was a grade for effort I bet she'd have an A* and that is what is the most important. I can understand you being upset, it is a nartural instinct. And by the soud of it you are both great parents. You littel girl and her brother were so lucky to get some parents who are so caring and loving x

2432 Thanks . . . just so blessed that I can be home with the kids to help the best way I can. At least we have a home . . . watching the news about Haiti puts it all into perspective. Like Claire said (to paraphrase) tests are not the end all, be all. Overall, every little thing is going to be all right!!!!! Also thinking . . . "you're time is coming 'round, so don't let the bastards grind you down!"

2433 Barbara, I voted . . . Bangles for me ") I have no idea how to do a poll, how to add a siggy, how to add an avatar . . . LOL!!!

2433 Barbara, I voted . . . Bangles for me ") I have no idea how to do a poll, how to add a siggy, how to add an avatar . . . LOL!!!
first i wanna say you're a great mum, with a great daughter, tell her to not let the bastards grind her down (may be clean upthe ords a bit.. ) tell her she'll be alright, with her perseverance, she can be/do what she wants to be/do with her live!

and the avatar isnt hard just put up a pic in 'your home' and click on 'my profile picture' even i could do it (after trying several times and cursing at it once or twice!!)

2435 - waiting to see Janette's avatar!

2436 Damn right, Barbara, thank you ")))))))

2437 sorry for cursing (hangs head in mock shame)

Will have to think about avatar . . . don't hold your breath Zhivvy :)

2438 - punishments for Janette and her cursing!

2439 well if I'm going to be punished for one little "Damn", I might as well REALLY let out a few curse words :)))))

2439 well if I'm going to be punished for one little "Damn", I might as well REALLY let out a few curse words :)))))

sh*#&tt§**%f#*ck**#r!!! - janette cursing heavely at computer...

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

Janette B']2439 well if I'm going to be punished for one little "Damn", I might as well REALLY let out a few curse words
:)
))))

sh*#&tt§**%f#*ck**#r!!! - janette cursing heavely at computer...

2440 not cursing so much at the computer, but at the schools . . . but, yeah, other than that, you've got it about right!!!

@!#$$%$#$^#^^%&%&&&*&*&**(***((*(%#$$#@#$$%$%^%$^&**@#$!#^@%$%%^&@@@!#$$$

Whew . . . that feels better!!!!!!

2441 Now how in the world did that turn red?????? Maybe I'm more angry than I thought, cause I didn't mean for it to be red?????!!!!!

it happened to me while i was cursing too, at first, it's cause of the '@' .....you just made up a new website!!! roll.gif

2444 OMG!!! Her Science final is an F!!!! She has had A's and B's on all the work, all the tests in all the classes all year and now has all these bad grades on all the finals . . . something's wrong with this picture . . . wonder if they're teaching her what's on these finals? They're scanned tests, so we don't get to see the questions . . . . hmmm . . . . going to start cursing again!!!!!!!!!!

dont know what happened there, janette. go have a talk with teacher, cause if she got good grades during schoolyear, there must be something wrong... might be the questions like you said, or maybe she panics while making the tests and has a 'black out'... i had a friend in highschool, happened to her a lot... learned her lessons and smart enough, but on the examday...nothing, she couldnt remember the simplest answer...

they are the teachers its their job to find out what happened here and what possibilities there are to help your little girl!

2446 It must be something like that . . . I quizzed her over EVERYTHING and she knew her stuff!!! Meeting is being set up actually ") Good idea