Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Attention: Blogger Button Spotted!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 joe

joe

Night and Day ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 2,055 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

Blogger button sightings have poured in to the U2.com tip line over the past week at a frenzy pace. Apparently, our little button has been living the dream. If seen, please call Bigwave at 1-800-SEE BLOG. The blog button tip line has produced these locations where it may have been seen last.

Lost Somewhere between midnight and the dawning. Proabably around 3:33 AM.

One tipster saw the blog button Stuck in a moment, but within Seconds he lost sight.

One sighting saw our beloved blogger button doing some High Street shopping hatching some plot and scheming some scheme.

One desperate blogger tracked him down under a blood red sky, but realized she was late for her dental hygenist job and stopped her pursuit.

Hand in hand, someone saw out lost button taking a walk with Johnny. He may have been in disguise dressed like his sister and flashed his moon before fleeing.

One tipster with a gun actually cornered him and had our poor little confused button folded to his knees at an ATM machine, but in a moment of surrender let him go.

If spotted, please call the number above immediately. A reward of of silver and gold or 3 euros has been secured to the person or persons who return out little wayward buddy to its proper location.
Joe

#2 Anjana

Anjana

Rattle and Hum ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 16,297 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:09 PM

I saw a sign under a blog red sky that read 'how to dismantle an atomic blog'

It said, go up the staircase to the first floor

Turn the key and slowly unlock the forum
As a man breathes into the mod phone
Through the walls you'll hear the zootops groan
Outside, is the Blogosphere
Outside, is the Blogosphere

U2-SOI-4d-small_zpsdef94624.gif

#3 joe

joe

Night and Day ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 2,055 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

Nice Anjana! Under no circumstances should anyone bullet the blue sky. I want Blogger Button returned unharmed!
Joe

#4 xtraspicy62

xtraspicy62

• 14,024 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

You blog there if you please
Wild blogger
And if you go there, go with me
Wild blogger

In the days
When we were swinging from the blogs
I was a monkey

:o

#5 scout6

scout6

Blue Room ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 975 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:19 AM

IN the webhouse a blogshot

Live Nation hands holds me down

Only the blogger was hunted

No democracy on this site

Dictatorship on this site

#6 hotpepper

hotpepper

Achtung Baby ✪✪✪

• 63 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:27 AM

IN the webhouse a blogshot

Live Nation hands holds me down

Only the blogger was hunted

No democracy on this site

Dictatorship on this site

this is really good stuff people!!

more, more more!

#7 musicabona

musicabona

Party Girl / Boy ✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 409 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

Awesome post, Joe! Once again, you capture our emotions so well. Your great words go into the hearts of all bloggers. I can stay here awhile...and I can smile. :)

It´s no secret that a button has fallen off our site

It´s no secret that Blogville is on the dark side tonight

They say our place was sometimes eclipsed by a misfortune

But luckily we still see our friends when they walk in this room

Who´s to say where the blog button has gone

I don´t know, which way the wind has blown

That button must have flown away through a window in the skies

No Blogville lit by fireflies

#8 Zhivvy

Zhivvy

Discotheque ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 48,539 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

These are all so good :)

#9 Anjana

Anjana

• 16,297 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:23 AM

Awesome post, Joe! Once again, you capture our emotions so well. Your great words go into the hearts of all bloggers. I can stay here awhile...and I can smile. :)

:lol: smileys-applause-801735.gifthat's brilliant, love it!! More more!!

U2-SOI-4d-small_zpsdef94624.gif

#10 Alma1

Alma1

Night and Day ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 2,217 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

I'm glad u guys can have a sense of humor at this point. 1st we had Liljbau losing his mojo - & then wasn't it Acthtung? (Or DavCal?) But when I myself am getting cynical (& heartbroken?) by the roller-coaster that U2.com has been lately, that's not the greatest sign. No one loves a good 'Joe blog' more than me, but I didn't have the heart to finish reading this 1 yet.

Scout: "Live Nation hands hold me down." I wish they'd just tell us what the real, bottom-line problem was. Does anyone know what they meant by 'security problems' at the blogs? Was it actually the politically uncomfortable subjects there from time to time - or just bad language? If it was language, why not just use the new warning-points system they gave us - for individual incorrigibles. (Btw, I know that Bigwave had to argue for keeping the blogs in the 1st place, but I wish we knew why.) I agreed w/ Tan_Cerca_Tan_Lejos when she said she understands having to have rules against certain language on the site.

Speaking of which, where are they? Where are Achtung & Davcal? I don't know who gets the gold medal in swearing & who gets the silver, but aren't they the general medalists on it? (If I'm remembering wrong, forgive me but it's early & I haven't had my coffee yet.) How can Elmo shake a friendly-but-miffed finger at them (not a stubby one) if they aren't even here? The next person that can't refrain from swearing on this site for the sake of the whole community, we need to 'get on our boots' & kick their shins under the table. Not too hard. Just hard enough. Why can't compulsive-swearers see that maybe they're going to get the whole freakin' community shut down 1 of these days but for good? They seem to be being good boys for a change, so hopefully the time for shin kicks has passed. Scout: I say your dream of the beautiful open-air marketplace w/different interesting things represented the blogs at their best & the messed up public washroom represented when someone swore (spelling the whole word) or was otherwise getting uncivilized in the blogs. (It drove Adam away it did!)

Edited by Alma1, 05 April 2013 - 10:43 AM.

#11 Alma1

Alma1

Night and Day ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 2,217 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

The blog button being gone is blindness.

But I wanna see...

#12 hotpepper

hotpepper

Achtung Baby ✪✪✪

• 63 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

Brilliant!

You are such a great writer as always

#13 Alma1

Alma1

Night and Day ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 2,217 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

So, almost exactly 12 hours ago I was on here talking about wanting to "shake a friendly-but-miffed (annoyed) finger at" swearers on u2.com. And now - just about 10 minutes ago - I accidentally cut my index finger.  :(  I had to do all sorts of home-nursing of it, running it under cold water, holding it the right way, etc, before it would stop bleeding enough to let me put Neosporin & a bandage on it. Hmmm. Maybe there's a lesson in there somewhere for me? :rolleyes:

#14 Achtung75

Achtung75

Playboy Mansion ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 1,330 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

Go see Big Bird or Grover. Maybe they've got a band aid or the ability to count to ten.

#15 Alma1

Alma1

Night and Day ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 2,217 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

Go see Big Bird or Grover. Maybe they've got a band aid or the ability to count to ten.

Big Bird or Grover might not want me on Sesame Street now since I'll only be able to count to 9 for awhile. I won't pass muster on Sesame Street.

But as U2 fans, we all know that Band Aid can do great things, so maybe things aren't so bad after all? :D

Edited by Alma1, 06 April 2013 - 12:00 AM.