Photo
- - - - -

Serious 4 The Sake Of Children

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 mylifeline

mylifeline

Ultraviolet ✪✪✪✪✪

• 261 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:04 PM

With all due respect and condolences to the parents of this child I feel based on what I see EVERY SINGLE DAY in the retail chain in which I work....to post this......

NEVER EVER LET GO OF YOUR CHILD'S HAND, NEVER EVER LET THEM RUN AROUND A STORE WITH A SIBLING OR ALONE, NEVER, NEVER LET THEM GO ANYWHERE OUT OF YOUR IMMEDIATE EYESIGHT.

"Charish Perriwinkle had been shopping with her mother Friday night.

Sgt. Lonnie Mills of the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office told The Florida Times-Union  that the pair was befriended by a man who offered to take Charish to buy a snack.

The man is a registered sex offender."

She was 8 years old. Her body was found in or by a church.

PLEASE!

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/...l#ixzz2Wz3Lj9AM

It DEEPLY saddens me to see kids as young as toddlers running around the store....alone...and it is more often the CHILD that I find in TEARS  searching for his/her parent who when LOCATED rarely says anything other than "I told you to stay with me"...and more typically GIVES ME a dirty look even going so far as to tell me not to tell them how to raise their child...(sorry if your child was balling her eyes out crying for you and I felt the need, not to mention store policy, LAW to find you..)

And when it is the parent they usually say "I left (keyword LEFT) him in the kids department while I grabbed a cup of coffee..and a couple of magazines..." HELLO!!  :angry:

I probably MADE my two kids hold my hand in public past the 'required' years of youth, but when they'd complain I always told them I'd rather they grow up safe to complain their mom was too protective, than for any harm to come to them....

In the past we've blogged over the horror of a child/children's lives being taken away by gunmen...we might not be able to change the 2nd Amendment, but you CAN do your part, as uncomfortable as it may feel, to say to a child not directly next to an adult...'do you know where your mom or dad is'? "Are you ok" "Do you need help" or to the apparent parent, "is that your child over there?"

That moment of discomfort might save a life.

Edited by mylifeline, 22 June 2013 - 10:08 PM.

#2 Frankaz

Frankaz

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 3,837 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:28 PM

Very important to keep any eye (or three) on young children.

pielie.png

#3 U2LAWoman

U2LAWoman

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 4,413 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:07 PM

Don't know how that Mom is going to survive this and make it through her life. Sad.

#4 illumination70

illumination70

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 3,948 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

My condolences to the little girl's family

As for the sex offender, I hope they throw the book at him!!