Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Did You See The "super Moon"?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 illumination70

illumination70

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 3,932 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:48 AM

I just came back from seeing the "Super Moon" and all I can say is "WOW!!  In my opinion, "The Supermoon" was a gift given to us courtesy of Mother Nature because it was such a beautiful sight!!  I also hear the moon is it's large size because the moon rarely gets this "close" to the earth.

Enough about my experience, did you see the "Super Moon"?

#2 U2LAWoman

U2LAWoman

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 4,287 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

Yes we did, not at it's peak. Can't find it at the moment. :lol:  Earlier my daughter and I sat and drank coffee in the night cool air and chatted all night while watching the flights descending on their way to LAX. We played a little game with the Supermoon and counted how many would hit the moon. Only 2 out of 24!! Not bad..there were survivors... :D

#3 illumination70

illumination70

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 3,932 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

Yes we did, not at it's peak. Can't find it at the moment. :lol:  Earlier my daughter and I sat and drank coffee in the night cool air and chatted all night while watching the flights descending on their way to LAX. We played a little game with the Supermoon and counted how many would hit the moon. Only 2 out of 24!! Not bad..there were survivors... :D

Cool deal and you got to spend some quality time with your daughter too!!!  As for the airplanes, only 2 eh? (just kidding) LOL!!!

#4 peterferris8

peterferris8

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 2,926 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

Yeah, I saw it tonight on the way back home from Dorset.

My reaction when I convince someone else to listen to U2 and they enjoy it: StanKyle---drunk-hug-40kb.gif

#5 Zhivvy

Zhivvy

Discotheque ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 49,400 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

Saw it briefly when left the clouds! 

#6 123love

123love

Discotheque ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 40,619 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:11 AM

Yes it looked lovely from Western Australia

b8874ced-a01d-4612-861a-dcc028c5ab10_zpsLet's Play.....

#7 U2LAWoman

U2LAWoman

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 4,287 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

Cool deal and you got to spend some quality time with your daughter too!!!  As for the airplanes, only 2 eh? (just kidding) LOL!!!

My daughter makes me laugh because everytime a plane would fly across or approaching the moon. I'd say...."it's gonna hit...it's gonna hit. I'm calling it!! She'd say(in her typical snippy way)No Mom.......can't you see it's course, there is no way it's going to hit the moon at that angle!! Damn, she is miles from me in the smarty department!! <_<  :lol:

#8 xtraspicy62

xtraspicy62

Rattle and Hum ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 14,024 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:26 AM

saw it but it was really not as big as a few others Ive seen in my lifetime....

some looked so close it was super freaky, lawoman, like it was gonna 'HIT' planet earth!!

couldnt look at it.

it made me realize how vulnerable we are to an asteroid or such other.....

could we cloak or put up force fields?

#9 mairaregocosta

mairaregocosta

Numb ✪

• 8 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:15 AM

I saw also the Super Moon