Photo
- - - - -

Def Leppard's "viva Hysteria"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 mich40

mich40

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 9,059 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

So I went to see Def Leppard's "Viva Hysteria" last night with my brother at the movie theater. It was filmed during their month long residence in Las Vegas and they performed the entire Hysteria album and then some other popular songs as an encore. What would be your opinion if U2 did something like this? I honestly can't decide if I would love it or hate it.

Larry_sig_2.jpg

#2 Anjana

Anjana

Rattle and Hum ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 15,414 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:29 AM

hmm I dunno Mich, really not sure, it could be a tad indulgent :unsure: . Did you enjoy the Def Leppard one? I tend to like U2's finished result with most things, I still like the Rattle & Hum movie tho some panned it. What I'd really like to see more of is their creative process and how they arrive at the songs and interact with one another, the dynamic between them , warts 'n all, that really interests me.

th_gifu2360.gif

#3 mich40

mich40

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 9,059 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

I would love something like that too, Anjana.  Would LOVE it!

The Def Leppard movie was good.  Just a concert, much like U23D, but then after the credits, some lucky folks got a small room acoustic set.  That was pretty cool.

Sorry to take so long to respond.

Larry_sig_2.jpg

#4 Anjana

Anjana

• 15,414 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

Wow a small acoustic set, that's quite something, imagine that with U2

*swoons*

th_gifu2360.gif

#5 mich40

mich40

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 9,059 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

Would be beautiful, wouldn't it?

Larry_sig_2.jpg

#6 Anjana

Anjana

• 15,414 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

Yeah it would be amazing, they should do more of that kinda stuff, they stay a bit safe with the stadium stuff. Got hopeful when Bono said 360 would be more 'intimate' - my interpretation of that was rather different to the claw idea with surrounding fans!!

th_gifu2360.gif