Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Dear U2.com Team.....exclusive Surprise? Pfffffffft!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 Allegra

Allegra

Blue Room ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 808 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:52 AM

Wow.......

that was it?

Really?!

Subscriber special???

Are you kidding me?!?!?!

That was it???............just wow.

Dear paid Live Nation employees/Dear U2.com Team [excluding Baja, Max, and Bigwave] - the fans aren't stupid.  Each time you pull a stunt like this, all you do is piss us off and drive the die hard fans further away from this site. 

Please stop it.

When you really have something big to announce (like a new album), then you can say something.

Otherwise please don't waste our time.  

Thank you.

112.jpg

#2 basher1

basher1

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 4,387 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:00 AM

Remember Bono wants a new generation of fans Allegra so you may be right

#3 MacFoley

MacFoley

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 8,606 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

Takes the piss. Like seriously.

KRANKLOGOBLOG_zps6cbdf24b.png

#4 bonosbaby25

bonosbaby25

Blue Room ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 746 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:52 AM

even with a "big" announcement.. we'll be the LAST to know.. 

#5 Anjana

Anjana

Rattle and Hum ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 17,534 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

Allegra I was thinking along similar lines this morning and had come in just now to post a similar thread - you beat me to it! 

Sadly I had a funny feeling in my water that the subscribers special wasn't going to be particularly special to the subscribers themselves!

I appreciate the U2.com team (band as well?) felt the need to share this because it's technically 'official' news but to email everyone with a 'subscribers special' was a misjudgment on what many subscribers would consider worthy of such hype.

There were thousands of expectant users online, what an opportunity to blow us away. Instead I would have been quite happy catching this snippet anytime either here or on other websites just by way of passing interest - I have nothing against the film or them doing a song for it but it's not big news, not really.

U2.com team you need to listen to what the fans say this site needs to breeeeeathe some new life and interest into it.

On a positive note tho, I did like the live chat thingy, reminded me of the live threads and not being able to keep up with all the posts popping up simultaneously ^_^, nice idea mods, that was the most fun part of last nite.

U2-SOI-4d-small_zpsdef94624.gif

#6 peterferris8

peterferris8

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 2,939 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

This is absolute rubbish. I mean, yeah, what I heard of the song I enjoyed, and the film's got Idris Elba in it so it may be worth a watch, but they call a trailer that's probably on YouTube by now and available to everyone else an EXCLUSIVE?!

My reaction when I convince someone else to listen to U2 and they enjoy it: StanKyle---drunk-hug-40kb.gif

#7 Sunflower1mdp

Sunflower1mdp

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 3,683 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

Anjana-- I had a funny feeling too that it wasn't going to be that special because of what happened last year with that remix but I was still hopeful anyway.  If they do something like this again......I don't know if I'll even bother.    

#8 Allegra

Allegra

Blue Room ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 808 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

I'm surprised my post is still up.  I really thought the people at Live Nation would censor it.

Also glad to see that most of the fans here are on the same boat too.

Anything to make people go to U2.com is Live Nation's goal.  Nothing against the movie at all...a lot of people are pissed that they used this trailer as a springboard to increase U2.com's visiting numbers.  It was simply a Live Nation scam.  And yes, the least they could have done was given paying members a download of the whole song for free...like U2 and Paul McGuiness can't afford it...Pffffft!  And a 30 second clip with the movie talking over it doesn't help either.  Simply the fans were mislead.

112.jpg

#9 richie459

richie459

Ultraviolet ✪✪✪✪✪

• 257 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

The weird things is we all knew it would be something like this...I didn't even stay up for it, especially after last years Pride Remix.

#10 BVB65

BVB65

Achtung Baby ✪✪✪

• 77 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:57 AM

I couldn't believe this was the big surprise. I am glad that I didn't sit in front of the computer waiting to see this. I for one, thought it was going to be an announcement of the release of the new album or maybe a video to one of the new songs. But this! All I know, is that Larry's reputation is on the line. He said earlier this year that there would be a new album by years end. But according to Bono's statements on David Letterman a few weeks ago, it appears the new album isn't coming this year at all. 

#11 swanny66

swanny66

Ultraviolet ✪✪✪✪✪

• 212 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:55 PM

I understand that the admin. are trying.  But we get no news, no exclusives, nothing really other than fan club tickets.  It would have been cool if one of the band had come on chat and given us the release date of the album first before anywhere else.  I know there are not a lot of us members on here when there is little to no activity from the band in the last 4 years.  And there are few reasons for them to do this do to the shear number (very few) of us members still left.  I have no expectations as I know they are more worried about holidays, etc. than most anything else at this point in their career.  I have tempered my expectations as I understand this.  

#12 mich40

mich40

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 9,424 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

The best thing about the "exclusive" news was the live chat.  If only we could have more of that.....

Larry_sig_2.jpg

#13 Anjana

Anjana

• 17,534 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

The best thing about the "exclusive" news was the live chat.  If only we could have more of that.....

Yup, totally agree

U2-SOI-4d-small_zpsdef94624.gif

#14 danielsentana

danielsentana

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 2,577 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

I'd like to state what Allegra said - it's not the mods' fault, but rather the monkeys running this site

I knew a disappointment was forecasted because they never bring us anything truly exclusive, least of all news. 

I regret that they toy with the feelings of countless U2 fans and that, in the end, they believe they did a good job

There's a lot of things to change here and the first one is ensuring that U2.com members feel privileged of their benefits other than the ticket presales

NEW YORK, LONDON, PHILLY, MADRID Posted Image EVERYBODY TALK ABOUT POP MUZIK

#15 electricco

electricco

• 10,146 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

Yup, totally agree

Yep me too ...

More than this :P

plus I didn't get "The" exclusive Surprise Mail :(

edgesep.2014

#16 Malahide

Malahide

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 3,683 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

I had a similar problem. Got a mail promising something exclusive in the header, but without message.  

#17 bigwave

bigwave

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 6,714 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

I had a similar problem. Got a mail promising something exclusive in the header, but without message.  

good idea to check all your details are correct here:  ACCOUNT INFO

Ensure all boxes are filled in correctly including your current email - and check spam setting and folders on your Mail app to make sure site emails are going there..