Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

U2 You Are So Out Of Touch

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 basher1

basher1

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 4,387 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

The band are so badly out of touch with their fans and it is very sad to see, why in hell do they think a small trailer for a movie is a massive exclusive for fans who pay for this place??

No doubt the "U2 fart in a bottle and its gold" fools will be rubbing themselves because they don't want to be seen as bad fans but come on even the biggest u2 can do no wrong idiot can see this is pure nonsense and once again leaves many many fans myself included very deluded as to what up are all about nowadays someone somewhere needs fired for this lot of garbage and before anyone cries "but the band don't do the website" it is in their name it is their reputation.

#2 MacFoley

MacFoley

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 8,606 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:35 AM

For subbers, it feels like we are being done over. I am not impressed with this latest EXCLUSIVE. No doubt the song sounds good from what I have heard, but at least give the ones who gave them this great life 3-4 mins of music is not much to ask for?

KRANKLOGOBLOG_zps6cbdf24b.png

#3 Anjana

Anjana

Rattle and Hum ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 18,152 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

No doubt the "U2 fart in a bottle and its gold" fools 

:lol: is it wrong that I'd like some of that!! I bet it would sell. I wonder what flavour their farts would be...

U2-SOI-4d-small_zpsdef94624.gif

#4 Sunflower1mdp

Sunflower1mdp

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 3,715 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

This definitely was not an exclusive thing to give fans at all.  I totally agree with you.  Especially for paid subscribers, we should have at least got to hear the whole song, if not a free download of it too.

While it was fun with getting to chat with everybody, it was not worth all the build up just for a movie trailer which anyone can see online with a small clip of a song. 

I am disappointed.  Between this and all the false album release info, I'm feeling like I'm becoming a jaded U2 fan.

#5 wahine

wahine

Night and Day ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 1,642 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

I dropped my subscription long, long ago...No need for anything like that, although I do love the U2.com site. Not the paid site, just the general forum. I think its pretty cool that people from all over the world can chime in and meet up and discuss intelligently, most times, things of importance, besides the music. Don't get jaded, just keep smiling, I think if you feel that you are not getting your money's worth, than you probably aren't, do what you feel is right for you.....I hate seeing folks disappointed. Makes me think of the old days, when you didnt get these little blips or pieces of info, instead you actually had to wait for a new album, and a tour, and it was great! I am perfectly fine with a general membership. I dont need to know the details of this or that...just the music, and the music will come will the band is finished. U2 takes FOREVER to put out new material, but...it's Ok. Better than the cookie cutter music that is out there now. Although I kept thinking isnt ordinary love a Duran Duran song, or one of those bands LOL.

#6 wahine

wahine

Night and Day ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 1,642 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

It was such a small blip on the radar I may even have that song title wrong...

#7 monica martino

monica martino

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 5,322 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

Duran Duran song is Ordinary world ;)

#8 pain_18_

pain_18_

• 10,875 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

Whole Song for download or the performance (live or previously recorded) of the New Single from their studio..or any other studio...

#9 Inger

Inger

Wanderer ✪✪✪✪

• 103 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

Agree!!!! U2 really need to be in touch with their fans all thebtime, not justvevery 4th year when they are on tour!!!!!

#10 Carol8

Carol8

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 3,499 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

Couldn't agree more. Nothing against the song, the film but really it was hyped up way too much!!

#11 U2FanInVT

U2FanInVT

Wanderer ✪✪✪✪

• 153 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

I agree - I really expected more than a movie trailer clip to warrant a special email.

However, I don't know that U2.com necessarily "over hyped" this event.

They sent out a single email saying to log in for "something a bit special".

Maybe they shouldn't have said "Not to be missed" (because I did miss it, and was able to see it later)...but - they weren't hyping it up nearly as much as fans and other U2 fan sites were.  There was a lot of speculation that turned into expectation. Which is now upsetting many folks.

We are all eager to get some new material...I know I will be scanning the site and web for the first signs of the release date...and purchasing the new album the first day I can!!  

~Peace

#12 Zhivvy

Zhivvy

Hawkmoon 269 ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 50,171 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

needed the whole song and  that is the general consensus. Not much to ask and would have made a lot of people happier about this place than they are at the moment 

#13 Janette B

Janette B

• 21,259 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

Yes, the entire song and without all the "noise" . . . so simple and yet didn't happen!

#14 basher1

basher1

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 4,387 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

I agree - I really expected more than a movie trailer clip to warrant a special email.

However, I don't know that U2.com necessarily "over hyped" this event.

They sent out a single email saying to log in for "something a bit special".

Maybe they shouldn't have said "Not to be missed" (because I did miss it, and was able to see it later)...but - they weren't hyping it up nearly as much as fans and other U2 fan sites were.  There was a lot of speculation that turned into expectation. Which is now upsetting many folks.

We are all eager to get some new material...I know I will be scanning the site and web for the first signs of the release date...and purchasing the new album the first day I can!!  

~Peace

Dont come in here with your sensible and frankly good comments....lol...

Good points.

#15 basher1

basher1

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 4,387 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

Is it just me or is The Boners voice shot to hell???... to me the snippet says he's struggling vocally.

#16 pain_18_

pain_18_

• 10,875 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

Is it just me or is The Boners voice shot to hell???... to me the snippet says he's struggling vocally.

Couldn't make out the way he sang it ... Mandela was screaming over some gun-shots...Ask me when we'll get the HD - Recording.

Edited by pain_18_, 19 October 2013 - 10:51 AM.

#17 Anjana

Anjana

• 18,152 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:06 AM

I thought his voice sounded good, what I could hear of it anyway, there was a lot of noise. I liked the falsetto, I don't really care if it's not pitch perfect, I prefer imperfect in some ways, it's more interesting

#18 Janette B

Janette B

• 21,259 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

Couldn't hear his voice that much over all the noise. Would have liked to hear just the song.

#19 Anjana

Anjana

• 18,152 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

Btw, true :rolleyes: U2.com didn't hype it up as such but they knew exactly what would happen when they made that email announcement, they knew it would spread like wildfire and speculation/the hype (pun pun) would follow quickly on the back of it

#20 pain_18_

pain_18_

• 10,875 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

Don't Believe The Hype !