Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

New Members Introduction Thread (Merged)

u2com

• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

#41 sarahstarr

sarahstarr

Numb ✪

• 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:11 AM

Hi I'm Sarah! :) 

I am a longtime fan of U2, I lived in Ireland for a few years but originally from Australia and now I'm in London.  :wub: 

I saw U2 perform a few years ago on their vertigo tour in Australia!  :lol: 
My favourite U2 song is still 'where the streets have no name' ! Love the vocal melodies and the guitar delay parts and just the whole song in general!  B) 
They are a huge inspiration for my songwriting (I am a singer in a band) and many people have told us our melodies and instrumentation has elements of U2 in it.  ;) 
Sarah x  :P lol had fun with the smily faces  ^_^ 
PS if you want to check out the cover I did here's a link to it - 

Edited by sarahstarr, 17 February 2014 - 05:40 PM.

#42 InesAdam

InesAdam

Numb ✪

• 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:37 PM

Hi, I am new here. 
So glad that I finally joined

#43 bigwave

bigwave

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 8,951 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:25 AM

welcome to all the new folks, and to the old folks for making the new folks feel welcome...

#44 pain_18_

pain_18_

Discotheque ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 33,609 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:35 AM

Hi, I am new here. 

Welcome, Ines !

#45 chris1043

chris1043

Blue Room ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 704 posts
  • LocationNY NY

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:40 AM

Hi everyone, just want to say hello.  What made me join and become an official fan were the songs Ordinary Love and Invisible!!  I've always liked them since the late 80's when I was in jr. high school.  I think "With or Without You" was the first song I heard.  I have not attended any of their concerts yet, but hope to one day.

~Christine

U2 is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. 

#46 zoocat

zoocat

Ultraviolet ✪✪✪✪✪

• 329 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:50 AM

Hi Chris, welcome aboard, there is a wealth of information for you to explore around here. Personally I drift in and out from time to time, I have been into them for a number of years, and am heartened to know that they can still attract a vibrant young audience, Ordinary love certainly is a great tune, as is Invisible in its own unique way. 

have you got a few albums ? if so, which ones are your favourites.

#47 bigwave

bigwave

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 8,951 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:10 AM

hi Christine, welcome to the Zoo :)

#48 chris1043

chris1043

Blue Room ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 704 posts
  • LocationNY NY

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:21 PM

Hi, thanks for your welcome messages.  I have only one cd, All That You Can't Leave Behind.  I got it shortly after I heard "Beautiful Day" like 10 yrs ago-  then I finally got an ipod and got the other songs on itunes.  From the Boy and War album I like Refugee and Electric Co.  Since I am home from work today here is a list of songs I have on my ipod:

Ultra Violet

All Because of You

Gone

Desire

Vertigo

I"ll Go Crazy if I Dont Go Crazy

One

One Tree Hill

All hit singles from the radio 

#49 chris1043

chris1043

Blue Room ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 704 posts
  • LocationNY NY

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:26 PM

Oh and I have the 360  book with the cd of Edge's song list.  Can you recommend any songs to listen to again?  All I did was hear the samples on itunes.   I've been listening to them non stop since January.  I take the train to work so I relax and take advantage of down time.  U2 is amazing.  Their lyrics are so complex and the melodies are so flowing. I love it!!!  I was, key word WAS, a big fan of another 80's rock band who released albums every 2 years.  Their songs are so simple and all sound alike.  I think they write and tour only for the money.

#50 Frankaz

Frankaz

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 4,980 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:58 AM

Hi I'm Sarah! :) 

I am a longtime fan of U2, I lived in Ireland for a few years but originally from Australia and now I'm in London.  :wub: 

I saw U2 perform a few years ago on their vertigo tour in Australia!  :lol: 
My favourite U2 song is still 'where the streets have no name' ! Love the vocal melodies and the guitar delay parts and just the whole song in general!  B) 
They are a huge inspiration for my songwriting (I am a singer in a band) and many people have told us our melodies and instrumentation has elements of U2 in it.  ;) 
Sarah x  :P lol had fun with the smily faces  ^_^ 
PS if you want to check out the cover I did here's a link to it - 

Hi, I am new here. 

Hi everyone, just want to say hello.  What made me join and become an official fan were the songs Ordinary Love and Invisible!!  I've always liked them since the late 80's when I was in jr. high school.  I think "With or Without You" was the first song I heard.  I have not attended any of their concerts yet, but hope to one day.

~Christine

Hello, welcome to all of you :D :P

pielie.png

#51 alekstartila

alekstartila

Numb ✪

• 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:33 AM

Hi! I'm from Ukratne, Kiev!
My band 

#52 xtraspicy62

xtraspicy62

Rattle and Hum ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 14,024 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:29 AM

My band 

добро пожаловать

#53 chris1043

chris1043

Blue Room ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 704 posts
  • LocationNY NY

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:54 PM

My band 

Hi, Welcome!!

#54 CraigFairlie

CraigFairlie

Party Girl / Boy ✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 401 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:09 PM

Hello everybody.

I'm Craig. I'm 20. I'm from Scotland. I've always loved U2, but haven't seen them live yet. The prices on 360 in Glasgow were too expensive. I'll definitely be seeing U2 a few times on the next tour. My favourite song is Even Better Than The Real thing. I'm a computing student in my second year at college. I had planned on signing up to the fanclub for a while so i've been finally able to do it. I look forward to speaking with you all here.

I enjoy other bands such as Oasis, The Libertines, Kasabian, Manic Street Preachers, Stereophonics, The Stone Roses, Beady Eye and Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

#55 Anjana

Anjana

• 24,473 posts
  • Locationla la land (this is where you can reach me now;)

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:12 PM

Hello Chris, and all newcomers :rolleyes: above, welcome to the Zoo! It's a bit quiet at the moment but no doubt will pick up when the band are more active. Look out for the live threads, they are great fun especially during tours

#56 U2LAWoman

U2LAWoman

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 8,863 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:58 PM

Hello Chris, and all newcomers :rolleyes: above, welcome to the Zoo! It's a bit quiet at the moment but no doubt will pick up when the band are more active. Look out for the live threads, they are great fun especially during tours

A bit quiet at the moment!!? :lol: Maybe a little longer than that.... ^_^ Anyhow....welcome new people to the Zoo and hopefully when the band get less lazy, things will start to perk up a bit more!! ;)

#57 Anjana

Anjana

• 24,473 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:48 AM

A bit quiet at the moment!!? :lol: Maybe a little longer than that.... ^_^ 

I was trying to be all diplomatic and positive (busted!) :lol:

#58 ELMARTO

ELMARTO

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 9,008 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:12 AM

Hello Chris, and all newcomers :rolleyes: above, welcome to the Zoo! It's a bit quiet at the moment but no doubt will pick up when the band are more active. Look out for the live threads, they are great fun especially during tours

A bit quiet at the moment!!? :lol: Maybe a little longer than that.... ^_^

I was trying to be all diplomatic and positive (busted!) :lol:

The zoo is full of Tumbleweed at the minute :)
gary likes Bono.JPG
 Did he say Bonio?

#59 Anjana

Anjana

• 24,473 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:49 PM

Just_Cuz_06.gif

#60 ELMARTO

ELMARTO

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 9,008 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:26 PM

Lol
gary likes Bono.JPG
 Did he say Bonio?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: u2com