Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

No Tour 'till 2015 True Or No, Deny Or Spill Truth / Hoping This Is Not True [Merged]

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#1 mich40

mich40

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 9,475 posts
  • LocationOff in LaLa Land

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:57 PM

An "exclusive" article from Billboard...Nothing until 2015.

http://www.billboard..._source=twitter

Larry_sig_2.jpg

#2 clapton is god

clapton is god

Party Girl / Boy ✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 471 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:57 PM

is it true u2 ?

#3 MacFoley

MacFoley

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 8,606 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:16 PM

U2 working with a different producer also worries me. 

What a shit day to be U2 fan. 

KRANKLOGOBLOG_zps6cbdf24b.png

#4 gloria1970

gloria1970

Achtung Baby ✪✪✪

• 71 posts
  • LocationLancashire, UK

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:29 PM

Hey if this is how we link to the band .. can you hold off till 2016 please?!

and if the albums being worked on & on & on & on  ... give us a shout when we can come n say hello hello at HQ!

To be honest ... I have more fun on Facebook!

#5 cristiu2

cristiu2

Wanderer ✪✪✪✪

• 109 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:35 PM

Everything you know is wrong..... The best lying band in the world . Welcome to the world of irrelevance. Coldplay is the biggest band in the world today, it's official. If they release in 2015 after all those lies, they are really wankers. I had been a fan of U2 for thirty years. That's definately it.

#6 shaunsuth

shaunsuth

Numb ✪

• 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:52 PM

First post ever on the site... I can only say that I am disappointed.

#7 ally33

ally33

Wanderer ✪✪✪✪

• 127 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:56 PM

Nooo!!!!!! Was so looking forward to seeing them this year or at least a new album.

#8 mich40

mich40

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 9,475 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:00 PM

Whether it's true or not, NOW would be the time for Oseary, as their new manager, to step and say something, anything.

Larry_sig_2.jpg

#9 mich40

mich40

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 9,475 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:02 PM

Ouch!  A quote from Dangermouse:

As for the fate of his work on the highly anticipated U2 album, Burton claims to not have a clue despite the Irish band already releasing two songs from their sessions with him, the Golden Globe-winning and Oscar-nominated Ordinary Love and the single Invisible.

"I don't really know - I just know it's not done," he said.

But he's still the producer?

"I don't know. I'm working on Bells right now I have no idea what they¹re doing. I've been working on it for YEARS but I'm sure they're still working on the record."

from here: http://www.atu2.com/...until-2015.html

Larry_sig_2.jpg

#10 minister

minister

Numb ✪

• 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:39 PM

I have no idea how to get word to U2 or Guy Oseary their new manager, but this is beyond absurd.  I renewed my subscription to this site thinking that it would come in hand for tickets for the tour, now it looks like I will have to renew again next year.  If U2 is listening at all, please know you are pissing off all your longtime fans and while you keep talking about relevance, us old fans might be all you have left, so treating us a little more kindly would be appreciated.  Don't bilk us for money on this site when we get nothing for it (the book you are offering is lame) and just start telling us the truth instead of bullshit quotes about when the album will be out.  If you are having trouble writing songs, just tell us.  It would go a lot further than this insanity going on and on.  Never been more disillusioned as a U2 fan.  I have almost lost interest.  You thought you had trouble with irrelevance before?

#11 zoocat

zoocat

Ultraviolet ✪✪✪✪✪

• 315 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:16 PM

I would prefer to hear it from the horses mouth, going by recent interviews with band members it was likely that a new offering would appear in the summertime. If that is not the case, and things are pushed back untill later in the year or even 2015, then so be it. 

Like anyone else here I want a new album from them sooner rather than later, but it has to be right for the band, and usually what transpires from that kind of deal is worth the wait.

I have tons of great music to keep me going in the meantime.

keep your heads up.

#12 Malahide

Malahide

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 3,773 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:17 PM

I never had a good feeling about Danger Mouse as producer. Don't think he's the right man in the right place.

#13 follow

follow

Achtung Baby ✪✪✪

• 69 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:23 PM

Rolling Stone.com just posted Bono saying that it will be next year. I am getting older by the minute waiting and will probably be dead by the next album , so HURRY UP already!!

#14 MacFoley

MacFoley

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 8,606 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:30 PM

I never had a good feeling about Danger Mouse as producer. Don't think he's the right man in the right place.

Maybe the problem is U2 and not the producer. 

KRANKLOGOBLOG_zps6cbdf24b.png

#15 febottini

febottini

Playboy Mansion ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 1,302 posts
  • LocationSão Paulo - Brazil

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:40 PM

"I can't get no satisfaction"

7632973530_0c548fe21e.jpg

#16 Malahide

Malahide

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 3,773 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:45 PM

Or both.

#17 Shouran

Shouran

Numb ✪

• 2 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:49 PM

Everything you know is wrong..... The best lying band in the world . Welcome to the world of irrelevance. Coldplay is the biggest band in the world today, it's official. If they release in 2015 after all those lies, they are really wankers. I had been a fan of U2 for thirty years. That's definately it.

Coldplay can't touch U2.

#18 richie459

richie459

Ultraviolet ✪✪✪✪✪

• 267 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:49 PM

I don't know about this...Doesn't really make sense after all the publicity recently to just throw it all away to go away another 12 months to start again.

Then again I wonder if because they've been back in the public eye for a few months the element of surprise of an album/tour is gone and they want to recapture that.

#19 mich40

mich40

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 9,475 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:54 PM

Lanois did say if he were to work on another U2 album, it would kill him. 

I guess they still haven't found what they are looking for.

Larry_sig_2.jpg

#20 Shouran

Shouran

Numb ✪

• 2 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:55 PM

An "exclusive" article from Billboard...Nothing until 2015.

http://www.billboard..._source=twitter

Unfortunately just read article on RS.com.  Seems they aren't happy with reception of new songs and are now going to revamp.  6 years is ridiculous even with a 2 and 1/2 year tour which was the biggest ever.