#U2ieTour

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 U2LAWoman

U2LAWoman

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 8,863 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 07:53 PM

Anyone know the reason why the U2.com discount doesn't apply to this product?

It's tradition!! :lol: Anyway...so excited..and watching the trailer get's me real happy!

https://twitter.com/...092239989022724

#22 EliezerPOP

EliezerPOP

Ultraviolet ✪✪✪✪✪

• 289 posts
  • LocationBrasil

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:58 PM

Anyone know the reason why the U2.com discount doesn't apply to this product?

It's tradition!! :lol: Anyway...so excited..and watching the trailer get's me real happy!

https://twitter.com/...092239989022724

So sad... :-(

24dhc3m.jpg

#23 mich40

mich40

Rattle and Hum ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 12,603 posts
  • LocationOff in LaLa Land

Posted 13 May 2016 - 10:05 PM

The discount coupon has never been applicable to CDs/DVDs. In the email you receive with your discount code:

This coupon is for select merchandise only and may not be used to purchase tickets, fan club memberships/renewals, audio and video products, and specialty products via third party affiliations.

Posted Image

#24 hawkerstone

hawkerstone

Numb ✪

• 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:08 AM

Really disappointed with the choice of gig chosen for this release. I want to see U2 not Eagles of death metal finish the gig. Also this does not make sense form a financial point of view, this gig was shown worldwide on TV, why would people buy it if they have already seen it. I appreciate that fans with the cash will purchase it straight away, but I will be waiting for this to be well reduced before splashing out for a gig I've already seen on TV.

#25 U2LAWoman

U2LAWoman

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 8,863 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 04:20 PM

That supermegaultradeluxe box is cool!! ;)  Yeah.....!! And all the little goodies there!! Wow!!!!! The music of course. :lol:

#26 mich40

mich40

• 12,603 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 04:41 PM

large.jpg

all the info ---> http://www.u2.com/ne...ve-in-paris-dvd

That supermegaultradeluxe box is cool!! ;)  Yeah.....!! And all the little goodies there!! Wow!!!!! The music of course. :lol:
The lightbulb USB is adorable. .....can't believe I just called an USB adorable. :P

Posted Image

#27 passenger789

passenger789

Wanderer ✪✪✪✪

• 173 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 04:45 PM

I am hoping the DVD is better than the original live broadcast from a camera shots point of view. I am probably in the minority here, but from a ''concert footage'' image & camera shots/angles/view, the live broadcast was dissapointing, too many close-ups, nowhere near enough wide shots of stage/screen/lighting effects etc.... even the pre-live broadcast commercial had better shots than the broadcast itself & many of the commercial's shots/camera views never showed up in the live broadcast.... EBTTRT had awesome stage screen graphics-effects-shots going on at the end of the song & what was the live broadcast showing?.... a close up of Bono!! Not that I don't like close-ups of Bono, but when the stage-lighting-screen is in wow mode, skip the band close-ups & give us those views, there is tons of time for band member close-ups. I'm hoping the DVD will resemble Pop Mart & 360 DVD footage-camera shots, these 2 not directed by Hamish Hamilton, Vertigo, Live from Boston & U2 Go Home were directed by Hamish Hamlton & they were very meehh.

Here's hoping it's not Hamish that edited or chose the DVD shots, or if it is, let's hope he used the best footage from all 20 some cameras he had at his disposal to make this DVD better than his other 3.      

Edited by passenger789, 14 May 2016 - 04:48 PM.

#28 U2LAWoman

U2LAWoman

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 8,863 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 05:25 PM

large.jpg

all the info ---> http://www.u2.com/ne...ve-in-paris-dvd

The lightbulb USB is adorable. .....can't believe I just called an USB adorable. :P

Well...right on Mich, I guess U2 really know how to make things adorable!

#29 richie459

richie459

Party Girl / Boy ✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 427 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 15 May 2016 - 11:41 PM

£85 isn't too bad to be honest...Probably would have taken the plunge had the 25% code worked.

Once I break down the cost it puts me off a little. The blu-ray is £16 so I'm technically paying £69.00 for two DVD's I don't need and quite a lot of cheap merchandise...postcards etc? The light bulb does look cool though and its quite an original idea. Its not just U2 doing this but I am sick of bands charging top dollar for box sets and just throwing in pointless crap such as badges and postcards (look no further than the Oasis and Pink Floyd box sets recently). I'd of sooner gotten rid of all the pointless merchandise and just had two live CD's in there.

I know production would cost a little more but wish they would at least just do a DVD box and a Blu Ray box so people don't have to buy both formats needlessly and bring the price down at least slightly.

Apologies, Rant over  :P

#30 zoocat

zoocat

Ultraviolet ✪✪✪✪✪

• 333 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:48 AM

Great news this is, I will be trying to bag the super deluxe, awesome looking packages. Also would like to see the real thing here in NZ sometime too.

#31 Max Tsukino

Max Tsukino

• 14,842 posts
  • LocationMexico City

Posted 16 May 2016 - 03:08 PM

"I was on the outside when you said, you said you needed me…" I Will Follow, live in Paris.
From the Hamish Hamilton directed concert film 'U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE - Live In Paris', on DVD and Blu Ray from 10th June 2016.

JT30_Sig_zpsnfxq5kfz.jpg

#32 guklein

guklein

Wanderer ✪✪✪✪

• 124 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 02:06 AM

In the Super Deluxe Bundle there is a Digital Download Card.

Is it like a pen drive? Or a card with a code to download in iTunes (per example)?

#33 mich40

mich40

• 12,603 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:52 PM

The only information we have at this time is that that is given in the description in the news story and the U2.com shop.

Posted Image

#34 Jo Van de Vreken

Jo Van de Vreken

Ultraviolet ✪✪✪✪✪

• 231 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:19 AM

Pffff .... € 25.00 shipping costs is WAY TOO MUCH!!

My Spine Is The Bassline

#35 mirrorballgirl

mirrorballgirl

Babyface ✪✪

• 30 posts
  • LocationZagreb, Croatia

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:41 AM

I want Super Deluxe Bundle but there is no women's T-shirt? I can only choose between sizes of the men's shirt. There should be option for men and women T-shirts. Not all fans are male, obviously.

#36 Jo Van de Vreken

Jo Van de Vreken

Ultraviolet ✪✪✪✪✪

• 231 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:31 AM

... unless it's personally delivered by the guys :D :D

My Spine Is The Bassline

#37 U2LAWoman

U2LAWoman

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 8,863 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 01:49 PM

... unless it's personally delivered by the guys :D :D

:D  :wub: I like!!!

#38 guklein

guklein

Wanderer ✪✪✪✪

• 124 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 02:26 AM

On june, 10 the digital download will be released in iTunes.

For those that purchased the Super Deluxe Bundle, will be possible to download the show on june, 10?

Edited by guklein, 06 June 2016 - 02:27 AM.

#39 504jumper

504jumper

Achtung Baby ✪✪✪

• 60 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, California

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:11 PM

My Super Deluxe copy (oh yeah!) is on it's way.   :)

AchtungNinja.com

#40 An Pint Dubh

An Pint Dubh

Numb ✪

• 2 posts
  • LocationChristchurch, New Zealand

Posted 25 June 2016 - 03:09 AM

Really disappointed with the choice of gig chosen for this release. I want to see U2 not Eagles of death metal finish the gig. Also this does not make sense form a financial point of view, this gig was shown worldwide on TV, why would people buy it if they have already seen it. I appreciate that fans with the cash will purchase it straight away, but I will be waiting for this to be well reduced before splashing out for a gig I've already seen on TV.

Have to agree on this one - I thought the same. I hadn't seen it on HBO but still thought ti was a weird commercial decision. I too was annoyed that the E of DM finished the gig. Before the Paris atrocities I'd never heard of them so didn't really care to see/hear them.

Really liked the i&e version of 'The Fly'!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: #U2ieTour