U2.com 2016/2017 Subscribers Offer

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 patjoller

patjoller

Babyface ✪✪

• 49 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 08:23 AM

I can't believe it's almost december and still no news of this yet..... 

#2 mich40

mich40

Rattle and Hum ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 12,563 posts
  • LocationOff in LaLa Land

Posted 22 November 2016 - 02:33 PM

Have patience and keep in mind that this past year, subscriptions had a couple of months added to them and are expiring Feb/March now if they had that original Nov/Dec expiry.

Edited by mich40, 22 November 2016 - 02:34 PM.

Posted Image

#3 patjoller

patjoller

Babyface ✪✪

• 49 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:06 AM

so? they added extra month for subscribers because they could not meet deadlines for a belated gift (.... prints!!!).

I don't mind waiting if the gift is something cool as was u22 and edges pick or another time another place. Now if we must wait until july for a bunch of postcards it's a bit sad.

I think they're playing safe knowing that it will be a touring year and the presales codes are enough to make us spend another 50$, but the gift is something nice to have, specially for collectors like myself. And I was quite happy to see that after the "duals" let down they made an effort to offer something worse forking some cash. Let's be honest, 50$ to have 10 news a year, a bunch of old music videos and streaming of fan club cds we already have because we already paid for that is not enough I think. So I hope they're making it worth to resubscribe even if it's a touring year...... we'll see (in march apparently)

#4 Gjachts

Gjachts

Numb ✪

• 13 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:09 PM

so? they added extra month for subscribers because they could not meet deadlines for a belated gift (.... prints!!!).

I don't mind waiting if the gift is something cool as was u22 and edges pick or another time another place. Now if we must wait until july for a bunch of postcards it's a bit sad.

I think they're playing safe knowing that it will be a touring year and the presales codes are enough to make us spend another 50$, but the gift is something nice to have, specially for collectors like myself. And I was quite happy to see that after the "duals" let down they made an effort to offer something worse forking some cash. Let's be honest, 50$ to have 10 news a year, a bunch of old music videos and streaming of fan club cds we already have because we already paid for that is not enough I think. So I hope they're making it worth to resubscribe even if it's a touring year...... we'll see (in march apparently)

Because it is a touring year, the gift will stink.  Just consider it that in a touring year  you are paying $50 for a presale code. 

#5 patjoller

patjoller

Babyface ✪✪

• 49 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 07:31 AM

Because it is a touring year, the gift will stink.  Just consider it that in a touring year  you are paying $50 for a presale code. 

I'm prepared for that... now just announce that postcard package, dear U2.com

#6 Jo Van de Vreken

Jo Van de Vreken

Ultraviolet ✪✪✪✪✪

• 228 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:38 PM

I'm totally ready for an announcement ...

My Spine Is The Bassline

#7 bigwave

bigwave

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 8,969 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:01 AM

2017 SUBSCRIPTION RENEWALS NOW OPEN

#8 monica martino

monica martino

Lemon ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 6,001 posts
  • LocationNorthside, just across the river to the southside

Posted 14 December 2016 - 06:59 AM

Will we get the leftovers from the past? :P

#9 patjoller

patjoller

Babyface ✪✪

• 49 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:04 AM

seriously ? all that communication to say... nothing ? "If the band tour", "When it will be ready" The only thing we know is that they want us to pay... Anyway. I hope it's gonna be a good one (even if there is a tour.... if)

#10 nitz1

nitz1

Party Girl / Boy ✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 446 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:47 PM

Can we assume that when the tour is announced (rumors flying tomorrow) and tix go onsale like next week (rumors flying) that if we are paid up from last year and sub ends March(me) we are entitled to presale codes? Can never assume -- Stadium tour should give us access to more tix hopefully - as arenas in SOI were limited as compared to 360 - Thoughts anyone?

Edited by nitz1, 08 January 2017 - 02:48 PM.

#11 mich40

mich40

• 12,563 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:53 PM

Can we assume that when the tour is announced (rumors flying tomorrow) and tix go onsale like next week (rumors flying) that if we are paid up from last year and sub ends March(me) we are entitled to presale codes? Can never assume -- Stadium tour should give us access to more tix hopefully - as arenas in SOI were limited as compared to 360 - Thoughts anyone?

From the FAQ on the HELP page (http://www.u2.com/help):

Q - If I renew my U2.com subscription, will I receive a ticket access code for pre-sale tickets?
A -In a touring period, paid-up subscribers receive an opportunity to enter a special ticket presale.

You should be fine, according to this.

Posted Image

#12 nitz1

nitz1

Party Girl / Boy ✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 446 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:55 PM

From the FAQ on the HELP page (http://www.u2.com/help):

Q - If I renew my U2.com subscription, will I receive a ticket access code for pre-sale tickets?
A -In a touring period, paid-up subscribers receive an opportunity to enter a special ticket presale.

You should be fine, according to this.

We can hope!

#13 tomhemingwaywarwick

tomhemingwaywarwick

Numb ✪

• 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:26 AM

Are the pre-sale codes e-mailed to us or is it the code listed towards the bottom left of my profile page? :)

#14 mich40

mich40

• 12,563 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:29 AM

Are the pre-sale codes e-mailed to us or is it the code listed towards the bottom left of my profile page? :)I

It should be on the left side of your Account Info page.

Posted Image

#15 ssueiro

ssueiro

Numb ✪

• 8 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:32 AM

I tried to renew weeks ago and had a problem, then totally forgot to come back (I was sure I had done it!) So I was horrified when I looked for my presale code to see that I was lapsed! Just paid up, and now I am in the wired group for new subscribers?! Are you kidding, I have been a member forever!!! Please someone take pity and help me get into the red hill group. Look at my history, please. Anything I can do?

#16 mich40

mich40

• 12,563 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:47 AM

I tried to renew weeks ago and had a problem, then totally forgot to come back (I was sure I had done it!) So I was horrified when I looked for my presale code to see that I was lapsed! Just paid up, and now I am in the wired group for new subscribers?! Are you kidding, I have been a member forever!!! Please someone take pity and help me get into the red hill group. Look at my history, please. Anything I can do?

You may want to make a phone call to the customer support team [ +1-855 867-5297 (inside the US) | +001-949-333-4825 (outside the US) ].

Posted Image

#17 migdsig

migdsig

Numb ✪

• 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:20 PM

Why is there not a presale for people who have been members for years? I am upset that my presale code will probably not help at all as I have to buy tickets the same time as everyone else who signs up the day of the presale. You should have a separate, earlier sale for people who have been active for years. Although I am happy they are touring. Joshua Tree 1987 was my first U2 concert.

#18 mich40

mich40

• 12,563 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:25 PM

Why is there not a presale for people who have been members for years? I am upset that my presale code will probably not help at all as I have to buy tickets the same time as everyone else who signs up the day of the presale. You should have a separate, earlier sale for people who have been active for years. Although I am happy they are touring. Joshua Tree 1987 was my first U2 concert.

If you are in the Red Hill group, that is before others.

Posted Image

#19 Max Tsukino

Max Tsukino

• 14,834 posts
  • LocationMexico City

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:28 PM

There is. that's why there are two groups: Red Hill group (long time subscribers) and Wire group (for newer subscribers)...

JT30_Sig_zpsnfxq5kfz.jpg

#20 migdsig

migdsig

Numb ✪

• 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:40 PM

Well don't I feel like a schmuck.....Sorry U2.com. Thanks for pointing it out Max and Mich

Edited by migdsig, 09 January 2017 - 04:40 PM.