Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:26 AM

SOE will be out before we hear anything! :lol:

#63 joshthetree

joshthetree

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 3,254 posts
  • LocationFrackpool

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:00 PM

Hello helloooo has this years sub gift been decided on yet? What about a nice wooden joshua tree memento made from the remains of the real tree*?

*joking
fact is fiction and TV reality

#64 joshthetree

joshthetree

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 3,254 posts
  • LocationFrackpool

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:00 PM

SOE will be out before we hear anything! :lol:

Yeah hahaha
fact is fiction and TV reality

#65 Max Tsukino

Max Tsukino

Rattle and Hum ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 14,834 posts
  • LocationMexico City

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:50 PM

Hello helloooo has this years sub gift been decided on yet? What about a nice wooden joshua tree memento made from the remains of the real tree*?

*joking

You may joke, but I know that somewhere in the world someone was saving pieces of the JT (real or alleged, pick your choice) as mementos and gifting it... think the medieval "this is an actual Cross splinter" relic kind of thing...

re this year gift: No info yet. Patience...

JT30_Sig_zpsnfxq5kfz.jpg

#66 mich40

mich40

Rattle and Hum ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 12,563 posts
  • LocationOff in LaLa Land

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:00 PM

*joking

You may joke, but I know that somewhere in the world someone was saving pieces of the JT (real or alleged, pick your choice) as mementos and gifting it... think the medieval "this is an actual Cross splinter" relic kind of thing...
re this year gift: No info yet. Patience...
To which I must add.... Leave the tree alone. http://consequenceof...een-vandalized/

Posted Image

#67 Manohlive

Manohlive

Blue Room ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 799 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:51 PM

so? they added extra month for subscribers because they could not meet deadlines for a belated gift (.... prints!!!).

I don't mind waiting if the gift is something cool as was u22 and edges pick or another time another place. Now if we must wait until july for a bunch of postcards it's a bit sad.

I think they're playing safe knowing that it will be a touring year and the presales codes are enough to make us spend another 50$, but the gift is something nice to have, specially for collectors like myself. And I was quite happy to see that after the "duals" let down they made an effort to offer something worse forking some cash. Let's be honest, 50$ to have 10 news a year, a bunch of old music videos and streaming of fan club cds we already have because we already paid for that is not enough I think. So I hope they're making it worth to resubscribe even if it's a touring year...... we'll see (in march apparently)

I have paid to be a member of the U2 fan club since its inception.  It was called Propaganda.  I am not happy with some of the gifts but one can just 'regift' them to a non-paying member who loves U2, no?  People beg me for that stuff.

If you do not like the gifts and do not like the streaming and do not like this or that then why are you here writing this? 

I have had people jump and kiss me for giving them the gifts I did not want.  

There are many things which are much worse than the LITHOGRAPHS we were given last year.  I would not mind a bunch of really cool postcards because I'm running out of room for album sized items!  :)  ( I pay for my music and have no room for more )

Give us a bunch of really cool Pop postcards....with cool graphics and sparkles like the tour program had, U2!

Whatever you do...play Bad and I will give you everything I possess.   

#68 surferdad

surferdad

Numb ✪

• 8 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:49 PM

With the change in management this subscription has been a joke. Is it run by two year olds?

Re-releasing The Joshua Tree and doing a glorify the past tour tour is bad enough (but we have option not to partake) , but do they understand that the subscription is an act of good faith on our part. We purchase without really knowing what we're purchasing. That it is U2's responsibility to live up to their side of the transaction.

Renewals started Dec. 16, 2016 and it has been an abject failure on U2 and their management's behalf. No communication is possibly the worst of it. I do not think this would have occurred under the previous management. I fear that U2 has put their trust in a person and organization not worthy of that trust.

Under new management, I see;

- a recycled tour,

- a cash grab in re-releasing TJT yet again and not making the new material available separately,

- utter disdain for their paid subscription members, it's almost like it has been geared 100% to scalpers.

I love U2 and their ideals. However, their new management does not share those same ideals.

Edited by surferdad, Yesterday, 10:50 PM.

#69 patjoller

patjoller

Babyface ✪✪

• 49 posts

Posted Today, 08:39 AM

I'm afraid to say that I totally agree with your comment. It's the first tour I'm gonna miss since 1992, it's my decision but this revival tour could be a good thing instead I have the bad impression that it's only contractual because a tour was supposed to happen for live nation. I was gutted by the bands decision to scrap the I+E initial plan to have 2 different nights, I'm not saying the second night was awful but I bought tickets in the first place to have two different shows instead of a 3 songs rotation, but I still enjoyed the shows.

And with the band saying for almost 3 years that SOE is ready it is kind of bittersweet, it is their art and they make whatever they want with it... just don't write in the booklet of the freshly released album that the follow up is almost done and then spend 3 years arguing that it's 80% done and we need a radio single, and then saying the world is changing so we do a revival tour because the topics of our most successful album are relevant today (bullshit).

But this subscription is a complete joke. Asking people to fork over 50$ with a promise of something to come is not cool, and I have the impression that they don't care at all (management, band, I don't care who) and they have the excuse that the resale codes are enough to make us pay the subscription. I just have a tiny hope that the gift will be worth the wait as opposed to some people who are saying that we shouldn't care what we get as long as we get something. This gift is something for the fans, something we wait and are happy to get when it is rightly done (U22, edge's picks) and is a major let down when they do something uncool just to have an excuse that they did something (duals, litho).

I remember not so long ago people frustrated by McGuinness' management and the fact that the band was heading towards an easy cash grab road. Wonder what they think now....

Again I hope I'm gonna be proven wrong but expect a major let down with this years gift (probably something JT related.... again). Hope we'll find out soon (because soon is their favorite word for the last 3 years...)

#70 pain_18_

pain_18_

Discotheque ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 34,466 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted Today, 09:19 AM

I'm afraid to say that I totally agree with your comment. It's the first tour I'm gonna miss since 1992, it's my decision but this revival tour could be a good thing instead I have the bad impression that it's only contractual because a tour was supposed to happen for live nation. I was gutted by the bands decision to scrap the I+E initial plan to have 2 different nights, I'm not saying the second night was awful but I bought tickets in the first place to have two different shows instead of a 3 songs rotation, but I still enjoyed the shows.

And with the band saying for almost 3 years that SOE is ready it is kind of bittersweet, it is their art and they make whatever they want with it... just don't write in the booklet of the freshly released album that the follow up is almost done and then spend 3 years arguing that it's 80% done and we need a radio single, and then saying the world is changing so we do a revival tour because the topics of our most successful album are relevant today (bullshit).

But this subscription is a complete joke. Asking people to fork over 50$ with a promise of something to come is not cool, and I have the impression that they don't care at all (management, band, I don't care who) and they have the excuse that the resale codes are enough to make us pay the subscription. I just have a tiny hope that the gift will be worth the wait as opposed to some people who are saying that we shouldn't care what we get as long as we get something. This gift is something for the fans, something we wait and are happy to get when it is rightly done (U22, edge's picks) and is a major let down when they do something uncool just to have an excuse that they did something (duals, litho).

I remember not so long ago people frustrated by McGuinness' management and the fact that the band was heading towards an easy cash grab road. Wonder what they think now....

Again I hope I'm gonna be proven wrong but expect a major let down with this years gift (probably something JT related.... again). Hope we'll find out soon (because soon is their favorite word for the last 3 years...)

Great comment....One of the best I've ever read.....And Don't forget SOON is a great song they failed to properly release on a full - fledged album .... SOA... SOI ....SOE.....SO What ???

#71 moaner

moaner

Numb ✪

• 1 posts

Posted Today, 09:37 AM

You really sum up what I am thinking about the situation now. Thanks.