Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best of U2 Live Albums?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 writerforgod

writerforgod

Numb ✪

• 6 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:19 AM

Hi,

Lately I have been listening to U2's Live Under a Blood Red Sky album.  One of the reasons I love U2 is they are such a great live band.  So many other bands are horrible live, but U2 are even better live than they are on their studio recordings.  I have a lot of their concert DVDs and actually converted my favorite live versions of songs into mp3 format so I could make CDs with my favorite live performances of songs.  As good as their studio album recordings are, the band always takes it up a notch and outdoes the studio versions in their live performances.  They either mix it up, add more epic instrumentals, etc.  Some of my favorite performances are from U2's ZooTV concert, such as Mysterious Ways, With or Without You, Until the End of the World, etc.  But I was wondering what some of your favorite live performances are, whether they are on a movie, such as Rattle and Hum or Live at Red Rocks, etc. or maybe a Youtube video.  Also, I think U2 could make a successful "Best of Live" album, where they pick their favorite live performances and compile them on a CD or compilation of multiple CDs.  I have all their studio albums, but I would pay good money for a CD or collection of U2's favorite live performances.  I love U2, but I love U2 live a million times more.

What are your favorite live U2 performances?  Favorite live songs?

#2 patjoller

patjoller

Babyface ✪✪

• 49 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:18 AM

Gone from the boston Dvd. Sunday bloody sunday from Rattle and hum movie. Anything from the zootv, zooropa tours.

And one of the best live renditions is Hawkmoon 269 from the love town tv special.... awesome stuff

#3 magnificent2012

magnificent2012

Numb ✪

• 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 06:17 AM

Hello, I am listening too much fan club's disc U22 lately, I like all the songs played live from this album.

Greetings

#4 generationwithoutname

generationwithoutname

Numb ✪

• 15 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:42 PM

A few favourites of mine are: 

Bad, Live Aid 1985

With or without you, Tempe 1987

Exit, Denver 1987

All I want is you, Rotterdam 1990

40, Rotterdam 1990 

Where the streets have no name, Boston 2001

#5 Colm

Colm

Numb ✪

• 20 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:25 PM

all of Under a Blood Red Sky

Had heard War album pre this and wasn't too fussed, then Under A Blood Red Sky was shown on TV and this was the first time I heard a band play live that sounded as good, if not better than studio.

Also loved Bono's, send in the clowns addition