Photo

Songs you want to hear on the Joshua Tree Tour 2017?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 ingenpat

ingenpat

Achtung Baby ✪✪✪

• 85 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:23 PM

Red Hill Mining Town and Bad!!!

#22 Alpena

Alpena

Numb ✪

• 13 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:44 PM

One Tree Hill and Gloria.

Shine23

#23 jenniferoc1971

jenniferoc1971

Numb ✪

• 8 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA USA

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:35 PM

Going to the first show at the Rose Bowl. I am so excited!

The Joshua Tree in its' entirety is a dream come true.

In addition to that, some of the songs I'd love to hear Bad, Pride, A Sort of Homecoming, The Sweetest Thing, Vertigo, Walk On, Sunday Bloody Sunday New Years Day, Stay, All That You Can't Leave Behind ... and of course close with 40.

#24 Lowlight

Lowlight

Numb ✪

• 5 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:51 AM

From JT - Red Hill Mining Town and One Tree Hill

Others - 40, All I Want Is You, Bad, Zooropa, Zoo Station, Ultraviolet, Miss Sarajevo

#25 Max Tsukino

Max Tsukino

Rattle and Hum ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 14,831 posts
  • LocationMexico City

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:18 AM

The Three Sunrises...

JT30_Sig_zpsnfxq5kfz.jpg

#26 mich40

mich40

Rattle and Hum ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 12,555 posts
  • LocationOff in LaLa Land

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:47 AM

JT: Red Hill Mining Town

B-side to JT: Luminous Times and Walk to the Water

non-JT: Gloria

Posted Image

#27 LeSlaintch

LeSlaintch

Numb ✪

• 14 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:56 PM

A Man and A Woman

A Sort of Homecoming

When Love Comes to Town

Stand Up Comedy

Silver and Gold

Gloria

#28 SandraCats

SandraCats

Numb ✪

• 6 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:26 PM

JT Songs : Running to Stand Still - Red Hill Mining Town - Trip Through Your Wires - One Tree Hill (JT songs are ALL so amazing  ;))

Others : Gloria - Pride - Sunday Bloody Sunday - Bad - All I Want is You

#29 dwenn

dwenn

Wanderer ✪✪✪✪

• 125 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:08 PM

The Three Sunrises...

Yes.

#30 dmway

dmway

Wanderer ✪✪✪✪

• 118 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:22 PM

Well, since I think they have already committed to playing all the songs from JT this tour, I'll have to go with underplayed/unplayed songs from 'Rattle and Hum' (e.g., Hawkmoon 269, God Pt. II), b-sides from JT (e.g., Walk to the Water, Race Against Time, even Beautiful Ghost), and the underrepresented songs live for UF as well (Wire, The Three Sunrises).

They could really empty the vaults live on this tour from that mid-/late-80s era - I hope they do! :)

#31 perenelle

perenelle

Wanderer ✪✪✪✪

• 103 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:25 PM

Sorry double post!

Edited by perenelle, 20 January 2017 - 10:27 PM.

#32 Countingbackwards

Countingbackwards

Numb ✪

• 8 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 12:22 AM

The Three Sunrises...

My favorite U2 b-side...seems like it'd be hard to pull of live though!

Given that there'll already be plenty of deep cuts by virtue of them playing the entirety of the awesome Joshua Tree...I'd like to see them focus on popular hits, that are underplayed in recent years.  Stuff like:

11:00 Tick Tock

Electric Co

Gloria

New Year's Day

Two Hearts Beat As One

A Sort of Homecoming

Bad (it's been played on all tours, just not consistently)

Unforgettable Fire

The Sweetest Thing

Hawkmoon 269

Numb

Zooropa

Lemon

Discotheque

Ultimately I'd like to see them stay away from the stuff from the 2000's and the Achtung Baby hits that've been played with regularity over the last tours, that I've seen performed in very similar style many times.  I'd like to see a tour more representative of what I would have seen on the actual Joshua Tree tour had I been lucky enough to attend.

#33 generationwithoutname

generationwithoutname

Numb ✪

• 15 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:45 PM

I'm especially looking forward to hearing Exit and In God's country from JT for the first time live.

I would love to hear the song A sort of homecoming too. It is my favourite song of U2, but I don't think that will ever happen!!

#34 dmway

dmway

Wanderer ✪✪✪✪

• 118 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:04 PM

I'm especially looking forward to hearing Exit and In God's country from JT for the first time live.

I would love to hear the song A sort of homecoming too. It is my favourite song of U2, but I don't think that will ever happen!!

Well, they used to play it live - the tracks on the "Wide Awake In America" EP prove it. I agree that this tour would be an ideal time to perform it live again! :)

#35 generationwithoutname

generationwithoutname

Numb ✪

• 15 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:26 PM

Well, they used to play it live - the tracks on the "Wide Awake In America" EP prove it. I agree that this tour would be an ideal time to perform it live again! :)

I know... but hearing it live at a gig is different than hearing it "live" from an EP isn't it!!!

Edited by generationwithoutname, 21 January 2017 - 11:30 PM.

#36 dmway

dmway

Wanderer ✪✪✪✪

• 118 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 02:48 AM

I know... but hearing it live at a gig is different than hearing it "live" from an EP isn't it!!!

Of course - I'm concurring that it's time to hear it again and that this tour would be a good time to perform it again! :D

#37 carvajfcutah

carvajfcutah

Babyface ✪✪

• 45 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City

Posted 22 January 2017 - 05:53 AM

I've always wanted to hear runningnto stand still Live so that one

#38 jasonw45

jasonw45

Numb ✪

• 6 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:49 AM

Nobody ever mentions Spanish Eyes? I'd love to hear that live. "Hooooooooome agggggggggain!)
Difficult as I want them to do the JT in album order but I also only want them to do material prior to JT meaning early stuff first set then back on to Streets when it's dark......for the 2nd set.
Saying that, walking on to Streets would get the place rocking!

#39 richie459

richie459

Party Girl / Boy ✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 427 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:15 PM

Really looking forward to hearing some of my favourite JT tracks that I haven't seen before - IGC, RHMT, RTSS & Trip in particular. Sweetest Thing would be great too.

Outside of TJT era -- I'm pretty easy really it would be nice to maybe get something of NLOTH/Zooropa/Pop or even one of the songs yet to be played from SOI. Though I think the chances of any of these are quite slim.

I'd be quite happy if they dropped COBL and SBS though - quite tired of those now and think they'd benefit from a break.

#40 sunshine38

sunshine38

Babyface ✪✪

• 47 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 05:56 PM

So many songs would love to hear them play, but if I could only pick one to add it would be God Part II.