Photo

Write/Call Ticketmaster Headquarters/Service dept.

Ticketmaster complaining

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 passenger789

passenger789

Wanderer ✪✪✪✪

• 173 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:29 PM

Hello All, just a semi-commentary.

Yes Ticketmaster really really sucks. Yes Ticketmaster is owned by Live Nation. Yes, Ticketmaster's selling of tickets process is often times very poor & frustrating.

As the Forum Moderators have done (these brave folks have the patience of Angels :) ), in several posts re. the JTT ticket purchase issues, see below some links to write or call with your displeasure to Ticketmaster directly.

And of course, probably the best, most visible & quickest way to let Ticketmaster &/or Live Nation know your displeasure is to comment directly on their Facebook page.... nothing strikes more fear in a Corporate entity like trashing them for all to see on Facebook! :)

I would be curious to know how many people actually write or call directly to Ticketmaster, the source of the many ticket purchase problems, as opposed to just vehemently complaining on these forums while trashing the band for this state of affairs.

Every tour it is the same thing/problem, so get out your best writing & diplomatic conversation skills people! :)

Cheers!! 

http://www.ticketmas...p_nav_4_contact

https://help.ticketm...tomer-services/

http://www.ticketmas..._changeloc_intl

Edited by passenger789, 19 January 2017 - 10:52 PM.

#2 Manohlive

Manohlive

Blue Room ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 830 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:14 PM

Hello All, just a semi-commentary.

Yes Ticketmaster really really sucks. Yes Ticketmaster is owned by Live Nation. Yes, Ticketmaster's selling of tickets process is often times very poor & frustrating.

As the Forum Moderators have done (these brave folks have the patience of Angels :) ), in several posts re. the JTT ticket purchase issues, see below some links to write or call with your displeasure to Ticketmaster directly.

I would be curious to know how many people actually write or call directly to Ticketmaster, the source of the many ticket purchase problems, as opposed to just vehemently complaining on these forums while trashing the band for this state of affairs.

Every tour it is the same thing/problem, so get out your best writing & diplomatic conversation skills people! :)

Cheers!! 

http://www.ticketmas...p_nav_4_contact

https://help.ticketm...tomer-services/

http://www.ticketmas..._changeloc_intl

Thank You!  Unless we write and complain we cannot expect anything to change and all we are doing is bitching uselessly.  It truly does help to write.  I've written so many letters to TM and other big corporations.  It took a while but now they respond.  If multitudes write about the same thing, our issue becomes larger.  Everyone knows this, but so few actually take the time to do so because, "What difference does it make?". It works.

My head is really fogged but didn't Larry write an open letter to the fans after there were problems with the Vertigo presale?  If memory serves me correctly, didn't we get a code or something for two more seats?  (Don't quote me on this, please.)   I do remember Larry writing an open letter, however; and it was very sincere. 

The problem is everything is owned by everything and everyone is following protocol by someone over them who is also doing the same thing.  I'm not saying anything people don't know but we do have the power to stop it.

#3 passenger789

passenger789

Wanderer ✪✪✪✪

• 173 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:50 PM

Hey Manohlive, my pleasure :) It always astonishes me how much people bitch & complain without doing it directly to the source of the problem. And you are correct, it can be surprising how often this feedback actually works.

I just added the Facebook suggestion too, should have mentionned it before, as it is probably now the most direct & effecient way of doing it in today's social media driven PR :)

And yeah, Larry got involved in the Vertigo tour pre-sale debacle, but I think the letter he wrote was to let us know that the band had forced Ticketmaster to re-boot the 1st pre-sale, to categorize the fan club members depending on the length of membership. If I recall correctly, the fan club/U2.com had just changed to a new platform right before the pre-sale & there were no longer different membership categories, longterm, medium term, short term etc. So after his involvement, the original Propaganda members got best category, then the rest of us were split in 2 other categories, long term post-Propaganda & shorter term or recently paid members. I don't remember getting xtra pre-sale tix or chances at pre-sales tix.

Anyways, that's how I remember it, but I could be wrong on some of the details :)

Cheers!!     

Edited by passenger789, 19 January 2017 - 10:55 PM.

#4 rixchix

rixchix

Achtung Baby ✪✪✪

• 72 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:08 PM

I've exchanged 10 emails w/TM on the cc entry topic.  No luck in changing their policy.  They did reply that tickets in different locations were not cc entry only and that fan club tix were as well as some sections.  Doesn't make sense to me.

#5 jeffwalsh

jeffwalsh

Party Girl / Boy ✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 464 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:07 PM

Can you even hurt Ticketmaster's reputation?! I mean, their reputation is sort of a big, greedy corporation that overcharged and underperforms, no?

#6 rixchix

rixchix

Achtung Baby ✪✪✪

• 72 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 04:35 PM

here's the 15th response from TM

customer_support@ticketmaster.com
10:15 AM (19 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Hello Heather

My Name is Pablo, and It will be a pleasure assisting you today!

Hope your day is going well. 

I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused, I will do my best to assist you and look into the matter.

The promoters have decided to keep the delivery method restricted to only credit card entry, to who they are exactly, we will not be able to disclose that information.

I do apologize.

If you have any other questions please let us know.

#7 rixchix

rixchix

Achtung Baby ✪✪✪

• 72 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:42 PM

Again, response from TM

Ticketmaster does not own or operate any venues. We are simply ticket sellers.

Almost every ticket we sell is actually owned by our clients, not by us.

We're generally selling tickets on behalf of our clients including artists, teams, venues, and promoters, though in some rare instances we may own a small number of tickets as part of our services contract with the individual client.

When Credit Card Entry is the only option, it’s probably because the tickets are in high demand, and the artist, team, or venue wants true fans like you to get the seats you want at face value by eliminating unfair competition from professional scalpers. Without the ability to resell tickets at steep prices, scalpers have no reason to snatch them up when they go on sale using automated software, or “bots”.  

I hope this has resolved all of your questions, enjoy the event!

If you need anything else, just reply to this email or click Help on Ticketmaster.com!

Sincerely,
Oscar
Ticketmaster Fan Support

The only way they'll change cc # is if your bank issues a new card number.  Then you have to contact TM with a bank statement that proves you purchased and owned the old number.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ticketmaster, complaining