Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

What about the new album?!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 lionwehr240579

lionwehr240579

Rattle and Hum ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 10,620 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 01:03 PM

OK. I have my ticket for The Joshua Tree Tour and I'm sure I'm gonna enjoy it a lot.

BUT I was wondering if this anniversary thing wasn't a way to make us forget about the promised follow-up to Songs of Innocence that was supposed to be almost finished. I really thought this tour would be about the new album and not about some 30 year old masterpiece...

I'm wondering if U2 is not living in the past and forgetting the present... 

What are your thoughts?

The problem you currently have is often easier to spot than the miracle you are

#2 follow

follow

Achtung Baby ✪✪✪

• 83 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:39 PM

I am ready for new music. Cannot afford tickets but can afford album.

Edited by Max Tsukino, 21 January 2017 - 10:41 PM.
Removed strike through

#3 follow

follow

Achtung Baby ✪✪✪

• 83 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:40 PM

I don't know why that post has a line through it!!

#4 Davidmk55

Davidmk55

Numb ✪

• 3 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 02:40 AM

I keep reading theories that a new album will come in the fall after this anniversary tour , either way always psyched for new music , last 2 albums were pretty amazing .

#5 lionwehr240579

lionwehr240579

Rattle and Hum ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 10,620 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 07:47 AM

I keep reading theories that a new album will come in the fall after this anniversary tour , either way always psyched for new music , last 2 albums were pretty amazing .

I read that they didn't release the album because of Trump's election... Well...

The problem you currently have is often easier to spot than the miracle you are

#6 yardie

yardie

Night and Day ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 1,865 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 10:17 PM

I read that they didn't release the album because of Trump's election... Well...

I think it's been been mentioned by Edge and Adam certainly in separate interviews that it's not because of Trumps election solely, more that the landscape of the world may have altered slightly (or a lot) as a result of that  - and perhaps they need to tweak some tracks, tweak lyrics, add something else maybe?. Hmmm, nobody will be quite sure what that means except the musicians themselves of course.

I believe the album must be pretty much in the can. So they decide to tour this summer - great and really unexpected in terms of back out to Stadiums in their staple fan base areas. I would hope though that Experience does come out in the Autumn and that the band do kick off maybe a 2018 tour early in the year visiting some of the southern hemisphere fanbases in South America / Australia and suchlike.

Who knows really.