Willie Williams Talks Joshua Tree Tour

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 krattapopov

krattapopov

Numb ✪

• 10 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 04:58 PM

Really good article here on rolling stone as they continue to hype the tour!

I found this question and answer interesting: 

I'm looking at a seating chart now. Is the B Stage in the shape of a tree?

Oh, is that a commercially available seating chart?

Yeah, it's on Ticketmaster.
[Laughs] Oh, OK, gosh. Yes. If it's on Ticketmaster, I don't mind telling you. We're still kind of working that out, but the shadow of the tree is on the pitch.

#2 tan_lejos_tan_cerca

tan_lejos_tan_cerca

Rattle and Hum ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 12,290 posts
  • LocationLugo, Galicia (Spain)

Posted 27 January 2017 - 12:26 AM

I'm so glad to read !!!!  :)  :)  :)  :)  :) tumblr_inline_nbiwucGBxt1ql914g.png

#3 nitz1

nitz1

Party Girl / Boy ✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 446 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 27 January 2017 - 01:23 AM

I'm looking at a seating chart now. Is the B Stage in the shape of a tree?[/size]
[Laughs] Oh, OK, gosh. Yes. If it's on Ticketmaster, I don't mind telling you. We're still kind of working that out, but the shadow of the tree is on the pitch.

Too funny- just goes to show how obsessed we are- and it's just another day at the office for him-- went back in time today on my lunch hour and read bits of Willies diary from Pop Mart tour- didn't know there was one- great read- hope he brings it back this tour it's been awhile

#4 DU2C

DU2C

Numb ✪

• 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 04:18 AM

Willie Williams - I think the video screen should be in 3D with 3D glasses for the fans

#5 Canadanne

Canadanne

Wanderer ✪✪✪✪

• 161 posts
  • LocationDorset, UK

Posted 27 January 2017 - 05:13 PM

I'm looking at a seating chart now. Is the B Stage in the shape of a tree?[/size]

Too funny- just goes to show how obsessed we are- and it's just another day at the office for him-- went back in time today on my lunch hour and read bits of Willies diary from Pop Mart tour- didn't know there was one- great read- hope he brings it back this tour it's been awhile

I really hope so too. The last tour just wasn't the same without Willie's diary!

#6 redsoxsrule

redsoxsrule

Babyface ✪✪

• 34 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 06:57 AM

Well with the amount of money that the tickets cost to see u2 which is more than a lot of acts out there where upper level at Gillette had tickets around 122 dollars after fees and like 300 + dollars for a lot of lower level seats I think if you are spending that much money fans expect more than a minimal stage like he described it as probably being. That's just my opinion.

#7 jeffwalsh

jeffwalsh

Party Girl / Boy ✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 464 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 09:50 AM

I think if you are spending that much money fans expect more than a minimal stage like he described it as probably being.

I don't think he said that at all... he just doesn't want to say anything in advance. I mean, if you look at the i+e stage, it was completely minimal...

#8 redsoxsrule

redsoxsrule

Babyface ✪✪

• 34 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:21 AM

I think if you are spending that much money fans expect more than a minimal stage like he described it as probably being.

I don't think he said that at all... he just doesn't want to say anything in advance. I mean, if you look at the i+e stage, it was completely minimal...

The stage was minimal, but the effects and screen were crazy and complex so all in all it was more than simplistic.

#9 hicksong

hicksong

Ultraviolet ✪✪✪✪✪

• 203 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:30 AM

U2 has a way of presenting complexity in a minimalist environment.....

#10 hestia

hestia

Blue Room ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 1,075 posts
  • Locationearth🌎

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:17 AM

U2 has a way of presenting complexity in a minimalist environment.....

I believe I am doing the opposite of that
:)

#11 hicksong

hicksong

Ultraviolet ✪✪✪✪✪

• 203 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 03:23 AM

U2 has a way of presenting minimalism in a complex environment.

#12 hicksong

hicksong

Ultraviolet ✪✪✪✪✪

• 203 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 03:25 AM

🙂