Bono Joshua Tree 1987 2017 voice

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 mochidachshund

mochidachshund

Babyface ✪✪

• 40 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:40 AM

His voice was very messed up and shrill between 2003-2005. It was disturbing. 2009, he sounded brand new. The better question is: pirate hair bono or hipster hair bono?

#22 Grande 3:16

Grande 3:16

Ultraviolet ✪✪✪✪✪

• 392 posts
  • LocationWhere The Streets Have No Name (Perth, Western Australia)

Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:01 AM

The better question is: pirate hair bono or hipster hair bono?

"Pirate" Bono LOL! :lol:

You mean like this:

Will-Turner-will-turner-7785099-333-500.

I know which one looks better, but I reckon I know which one it'll be.

"There's obviously been a clear case of instrument envy and Sting and myself have four thick, long strings and he's got six girly ones." - Adam Clayton

#23 pain_18_

pain_18_

Discotheque ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 34,240 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:54 AM

I think this time Bono will go for the Justin Bieber hair-mess...ooops, means hair -cut ...

#24 Grande 3:16

Grande 3:16

Ultraviolet ✪✪✪✪✪

• 392 posts
  • LocationWhere The Streets Have No Name (Perth, Western Australia)

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:38 PM

Needs to go back to the 360-era do.

"There's obviously been a clear case of instrument envy and Sting and myself have four thick, long strings and he's got six girly ones." - Adam Clayton

#25 pain_18_

pain_18_

Discotheque ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 34,240 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:42 PM

Needs to go back to the 360-era do.

Loved it !!! The whole era.....from 2009 to 2011....

#26 Peterrrrr

Peterrrrr

Numb ✪

• 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:50 AM

Sorry...I know I'm going to get flamed for this...   Bono can't sing anymore.  His range is gone....especially his lower register.   I'm not trying to be mean spirited but I can't fathom shelling out money to see the Joshua Tree Tour 2017 when I know I'd be getting Bono 2017 versus Bono 1987.  I know, I know....people get old and their voice changes.  However, I'm at the point where I find his voice annoying and I cringe when I hear him sing from their older catalog...i.e. Joshua Tree.  And I'm not cringing because I don't like him...it's more of a feeling of pity.  I know that many think his voice is great...so if you feel that way I hope you got tickets and enjoy the show.  Me...I'm bowing out.  I've seen them over a dozen times and it's time to call it quits.  

Anyone else feel the same way?   Again, not trying to start a war...just my opinion.

I would say that have sang the old songs better then in a long time. WOWY, Streets, Gloria, Pride was better in years.
 Just listen to Streets from 2015(6:09 in the video), he havent sound like this since late 80s/early 90s.
https://youtu.be/_rSo5tXvtBs?t=6m9s

Gloria

Higher on Even Better The The Real Thing is alot better this tour 3.32 in this video

Powerful Electric Cooooooooooooooo  5.08 in this video

The whole song of the first performence of  WLCTT this tour.

Iris, he have hit the note night after night... 3.24 in this video

Every Breaking Wave
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpZgpeFsDmk

California
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taR_2WGflds

I can recommend to listen to the soundboard version on ISHFWILF from iHEART.

We should aslo be in mind that Bono was in pain durning the IE tour because of the accident in 2014 with he bike.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bono, Joshua Tree, 1987, 2017, voice