Credit Card Entry

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 YvesGerber

YvesGerber

Ultraviolet ✪✪✪✪✪

• 211 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:32 PM

Apologies if this has been talked about elsewhere.

Anyone know how to transfer/give Credit Card Entry tickets to someone else? I'm starting to question if I'll be able to go.

Thanks.

#2 mich40

mich40

Rattle and Hum ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 12,571 posts
  • LocationOff in LaLa Land

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:07 PM

If they were purchased during the presales, they cannot be transferred.  Credit Card entry is just that, the credit card they were purchased on has to be presented at the show.

Posted Image

#3 notlikethis1

notlikethis1

Numb ✪

• 4 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:02 PM

Credit card entry only because you're a fan site member and because you used the "privilege" of your presale code means that your tickets can't be transferred to a friend or resold through TicketMaster's fan-to-fan resale...not only that, but the best seats/GA weren't even available to the "loyal fans"...I bought two rounds of two tickets to the same show because the seats available at 9am were so dire, now I can't even resell to another fan or TM...the whole thing feels more like a punishment than a benefit...and a punishment we paid $50 extra (year after year) to have. Awesome. Forgot to add the fact that you didn't even have to have the presale code before the presale began. You could merely shuck out your extra $50 at the point of sale. Love how that u2.com membership means absolutely nothing. Thanks U2 promoters and thanks TicketMaster.

It's really hard to believe that in this day and age it's not possible to remove your CC info from an E-TICKET and resell that ticket to someone else...I don't buy it.

Oh wait...I can actually resell...if I can find someone I trust and who trusts me back to: pay me and meet up with me and go in with me, at the exact same time, and hope that we are even allowed to enter at the same location based on the fact that the tickets are in different areas...unbelievable.

Oh ya...forgot to add...hope that my credit card doesn't change between now and then for any number of reasons such as a new one isn't reissued to me with different numbers etc...we all have that problem. Can't wait to see how entry into the venue goes.

Oh ya again...my final rant is the fact that I don't even have a souvenir ticket stub to add to my collection of U2 ticket stubs. That. Is. All.

Edited by notlikethis1, 02 February 2017 - 06:22 PM.

#4 yoshitownsend

yoshitownsend

Achtung Baby ✪✪✪

• 52 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:20 AM

I hear you Not Like This.

It's not the "pre-sales" tickets that can't be transferred. I bought some GA tix for family and then I learned that I can't send them those tickets. 

-

#5 jeffwalsh

jeffwalsh

Party Girl / Boy ✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 464 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 06:33 PM

It's really hard to believe that in this day and age it's not possible to remove your CC info from an E-TICKET and resell that ticket to someone else...I don't buy it.

It's possible. The whole point of CC Entry is to limit the amount of scalpers buying and reselling tickets for way over face. Ticketmaster can turn that off for the whole tour with the flip of a switch. They won't (and shouldn't). But they can...

#6 finz_89

finz_89

Wanderer ✪✪✪✪

• 105 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:56 AM

Credit card entry only because you're a fan site member and because you used the "privilege" of your presale code means that your tickets can't be transferred to a friend or resold through TicketMaster's fan-to-fan resale...not only that, but the best seats/GA weren't even available to the "loyal fans"...I bought two rounds of two tickets to the same show because the seats available at 9am were so dire, now I can't even resell to another fan or TM...the whole thing feels more like a punishment than a benefit...and a punishment we paid $50 extra (year after year) to have. Awesome. Forgot to add the fact that you didn't even have to have the presale code before the presale began. You could merely shuck out your extra $50 at the point of sale. Love how that u2.com membership means absolutely nothing. Thanks U2 promoters and thanks TicketMaster.

Oh wait...I can actually resell...if I can find someone I trust and who trusts me back to: pay me and meet up with me and go in with me, at the exact same time, and hope that we are even allowed to enter at the same location based on the fact that the tickets are in different areas...unbelievable.

Oh ya...forgot to add...hope that my credit card doesn't change between now and then for any number of reasons such as a new one isn't reissued to me with different numbers etc...we all have that problem. Can't wait to see how entry into the venue goes.

Oh ya again...my final rant is the fact that I don't even have a souvenir ticket stub to add to my collection of U2 ticket stubs. That. Is. All.

You may want to look up the FAQ on CC at ticketmasters site to learn the rules and dispell several of the myths you believe. Also once you learn the rules you will know how to allow someone else to use the tickets without needing to take risks. (And has been posted in several other places already)