GA Line Arrival Time

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 afg

afg

Numb ✪

• 16 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:50 PM

So we are doing GA for the first time this tour at East Rutherford and Boston and just wondering what time that we should plan on arriving . I'm curious to hear your experience from past stadium tours with your arrival time and how close you got to the stage. I know that there are so many factors that are involved, such as the tour, venue, etc., but any suggestions on an approximate arrival time to get in the first 5 rows anywhere around the stage?

Edited by afg, 04 February 2017 - 09:44 PM.

#2 padawanbeck84

padawanbeck84

Party Girl / Boy ✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 523 posts
  • LocationTelford, UK

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:22 PM

With IETour, the stage layout with the long catwalk down to e-stage meant there was plenty of rail space to go round. At the first London show, I arrived to the queue at maybe 12.30pm, was about number 300 in the queue and got to be right by the rail near e-stage. A friend who had arrived at 9am got to be right on the rail.

With this stage lay-out, it doesn't look like there will be so much rail space, so I would advise getting there as early as you can. Officially, some venues might tell you that you can only queue up outside from 9am or something like that. If you can't be there all day, try and get there for lunchtime, around midday and with luck you should still get to be within the front few rows. 

Also, try and make sure you take snacks and water with you for in the queue  :)

#3 redsoxsrule

redsoxsrule

Babyface ✪✪

• 34 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:42 AM

For the u2 360 tour I queued in line at Philly starting around noon and got first row on rail of the outer circle. Same thing for Boston, but unlike 360 it doesn't look like there will be as much rail space so you may have to line up earlier than that.

Edited by redsoxsrule, 05 February 2017 - 02:43 AM.

#4 paddyphillips

paddyphillips

Babyface ✪✪

• 33 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:16 PM

In my opinion you don't need to be right by the rail it means you have to go right in when doors open and don't move you can see more from a small bit back and you can walk around get a pint and pick up the atmosphere. Maybe q if there is a pit that you can get your wrist band.

#5 dwenn

dwenn

Wanderer ✪✪✪✪

• 125 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:05 PM

So we are doing GA for the first time this tour at East Rutherford and Boston and just wondering what time that we should plan on arriving . I'm curious to hear your experience from past stadium tours with your arrival time and how close you got to the stage. I know that there are so many factors that are involved, such as the tour, venue, etc., but any suggestions on an approximate arrival time to get in the first 5 rows anywhere around the stage?

I will be right there with you this year in both locales.  And I did the same thing in both places for 360.  At Gillette in 2009 we got to the parking lot around 1 pm.  We tailgated until 6pm.  There were people in line at the entrance for the GA and not sure how long they had been there.  At 6 we strolled over and got to the entrance just as the line waiters had cleared into the field area.  Easy entrance.  We didn't quite understand how to get "into" the inner circle.  We finally figured it out and when we got there we were about 15 feet in front of Adam's spot on stage.  So could we have gotten on the front rail by waiting for who knows how long in the line?  Or more in front of Bono or Edge?  Sure.  But our view was fine and we relaxed and BBQ'd all day.  1934222_1158626243691_1391916_n.jpg?oh=3

But this was our view which was just fine.  That stage was so big that we could lose sight of Edge as he explored the other side occasionally. In NJ we had a hotel right across the street.  So we didn't tailgate and based on Boston we were not concerned about waiting all day in the heat (it was 95 that day).  We took a hotel shuttle over.  Strolled in just after gates opened and essentially got the same spot.  Maybe a smidge closer to center.  270101_2012396227407_3815635_n.jpg?oh=30

So do what you think is best and makes most sense for what you need.  The tree stage is interesting and I think the general idea would be to be inside that "line" and you should be fine.  In both cases you are waiting for another hour to 90 minutes but the U2 crowd today is a little more community and once we got our spot we basically sat down and waited. I think in the stadium with the stage raised you can kind of be too close.  For IE indoor with the lower stage I was probably 8 people back and it was great but I could see where being on the rail for that would have been cool. I just took my daughter to her first in the pit show for Twenty One Pilots.  It was a great show and we waited hours in line.  Got in 3 hours before they went on and those kids pushed as close as possible and never thought about sitting down.  Good luck!  See you in Boston!

Edited by dwenn, 07 February 2017 - 05:08 PM.

#6 Gogme United

Gogme United

Ultraviolet ✪✪✪✪✪

• 297 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:27 AM

I don't have to stand at the rail as the view isn't always best. Besides that I want to walk around, get some drinks and food before the actual gig starts and don't mind to be somewhere at the back of the 'first section', which isn't packed with people and gives a great view without people pushing in your back.

So, if you're fine with that you can start queuing in the afternoon (say 3 PM) and you'll make it into the 'first section' when the gates open and you'll have hours to spend until the actual gig. 

If you're dedicated to get (and hold) a spot on the rail, or at the very front, then you'll have to be there early in the morning, make your way in (run as fast as you can) and make sure you'll keep your spot. So make sure you have some friends.

#7 gibbo1968

gibbo1968

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 3,361 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:22 AM

did philly and NJ for 360 started queueing at 4.30 am in philly but you do need to see who's running the line as we got our 'number' the night before.Got a perfect rail spot in the middle.as for NJ we turned up for the 09 show at about 4pm as we were travellin from the UK and got a good-ish spot but to the side.The 2011 show I queued from 9 am and got on the front of the outer.

So in a nutshell if you want a rail spot you do have to put in the hours outside on the concrete.