• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 504jumper

504jumper

Babyface ✪✪

• 48 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, California

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:34 PM

I am wondering how our beloved boys from Dublin will perform these absolutely fantastic songs.  The old guy in me would love to hear them played they way that I hear them 30 years ago.  But I've read that the band is looking to breathe new life into these fan favorites.

My question is: how do you improve upon a classic?

I wrote a blog post about a recent experience about whether or not songs from The Joshua Street achieved classic status.

Love to know what you think.  Thanks.  :)

https://achtungninja.wordpress.com/

AchtungNinja.com

#2 adrnik

adrnik

Wanderer ✪✪✪✪

• 141 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:27 PM

There's already a new remix coming out of Red Hill Mining Town but I believe this to be a single to promote the tour.

I think the band will stick with just this and not remix or update other songs of the album.

#3 504jumper

504jumper

Babyface ✪✪

• 48 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:13 PM

There's already a new remix coming out of Red Hill Mining Town but I believe this to be a single to promote the tour.

I think the band will stick with just this and not remix or update other songs of the album.

I hope so; that would be great.  They have done a good job in the past, reimagining these classics.  But I would love to hear them performed like the original.

AchtungNinja.com

#4 peterferris8

peterferris8

Atomic Bomb ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

• 3,678 posts
  • LocationBrighton

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:42 PM

I think most of the songs will be played as they sound on the album, apart from RHMT - I imagine they'll play it in the style of this new mix - and Streets, which they've always done differently to the studio version (and personally I prefer the version they play live!). They played Bullet closer to the original version on the I&E tour so I guess we'll get something similar on this tour as well.

U2 gigs: The O2 Arena, London, 25/10/15 & 03/11/15 Night 1 - The Miracle

#5 504jumper

504jumper

Babyface ✪✪

• 48 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:37 PM

I think most of the songs will be played as they sound on the album, apart from RHMT - I imagine they'll play it in the style of this new mix - and Streets, which they've always done differently to the studio version (and personally I prefer the version they play live!). They played Bullet closer to the original version on the I&E tour so I guess we'll get something similar on this tour as well.

That would be awesome. Some of the songs have changed over the past thirty years, and I would love to hear them like they performed them back in 1987.  

AchtungNinja.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: #JoshuaTreeTour2017, #U2JoshuaTree, #U2JoshuaTreeTour, #U2music, #U2rock, #U2